JC/PC

Related:
Create New Tag

5/7/2014 9:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/7/2014 10:57 PM

I don't really understand why you'd get JC/PC... Isn't the point of plastic so you don't shred your shins? If you want metal pins why not get metal pedals.. they last much longer.
I might be naive about this so please indulge me on your reasoning.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

5/7/2014 10:13 PM

So i am a long time runner of JC/PC's and i run them with pins on one side and pinless on the other, gets the grip of metal with the slide of plastic for luc-e's and etc.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

5/7/2014 10:26 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

So i am a long time runner of JC/PC's and i run them with pins on one side and pinless on the other, gets the grip of metal ...more

Ahh got cha! I wasn't sure about it really.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

5/7/2014 10:29 PM

It has the lightness and feel of a plastic pedal. The metal pins provide the grip as a metal pedal. A loophole really. You get the durablilty of metal pedals with weight and cost of a plastic pedal.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/7/2014 10:40 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

It has the lightness and feel of a plastic pedal. The metal pins provide the grip as a metal pedal. A loophole really. You get ...more

But that's the ultimate thing for me.. How long do they generally last?

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

5/7/2014 10:43 PM

Chrisaustin wrote:

But that's the ultimate thing for me.. How long do they generally last?

had mine for two years never touched them except occasionally tightening the pins. they are light weight, won't make you slip everywhere if they get wet unlike metals, they don't get loose and clanky like metal pedals and won't rattle when your bike hits the ground. weight weenie or not metal pedals are just unnecessary weight but full PC pedals run out of grip so fast. jcpcs also have bushings instead of bearings for durability etc

|

5/7/2014 10:50 PM

Pretty long I'd say. Never had them but if you bail and your bike slides alot then of course the plastic will wear but considering the pins are metal , the body will be fine. Just scratched.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/7/2014 10:54 PM

I replace my right body every six months due to grinding so much on them. the left i just replaced after two years.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

5/8/2014 6:03 PM

Im pretty sure the point of plastic is to have a cheap, affordable pedal.

The point of JC/PCs is to have a cheap, affordable, high quality pedal.

That being said, I just warrantied my Trailmixes and got JC/PCs and I like them alot. Stiffer than most plastic pedals and grip like Trailmixes.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx