JCPC's are hurting my feet.

Related:
Create New Tag

8/17/2015 11:46 PM

As the title states, I have some Odyssey JCPC's that I just started running about a week ago, and I've noticed that they make my feet hurt after a good half hour of riding. I have never ridden metal pedals before, and I've had some plastic pedals go bad real quick from screwing up on grinds, and so I wanted to try a pedal that was plastic/metal. I tightened the JCPC's super tight first time and they barely spun and you could feel SO MUCH resistance with every slight crank movement, but then I loosened them and they're fine now, just barely rattling around. At this point, even without resistance, my feet still hurt after riding for a while. I was wondering if it's the platform of the metal pins or what. I've never ever had this problem with plastic pedals.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

8/17/2015 11:50 PM

grind down the metal pins

|

8/18/2015 4:39 AM

Pins are too long.

|

8/18/2015 1:48 PM

Dude mu jcpc were so grippy i couldnt kick my bike away on bails sometimes. They are so good.

Take them apart and put grease on spindle

|

8/18/2015 9:15 PM

Oddity wrote:

Pins are too long.

Yeah, I think this is the problem. The insides are totally fine the last time I checked. They spin good after loosening them to an extent. All I can do about the pins is file/grind them down, and I feel like it's not worth it, but I rode twice today and my feet ached after 10 min..

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

8/18/2015 11:42 PM

Pins putting pressure on your feet. Cut em down.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/19/2015 6:34 AM

I used a grinder to cut them down to about half of what they were.

|

8/19/2015 6:52 AM

Might be the pins, however it could be the pedal shape and your shoe being a little off compared to what you are used to, it could also just be your shoes breaking down, it could be your foot position on the pedal, it could be the resistance of the bushing/bearingless setup vs bearings.

There are a LOT of factors here. If your shoes are super thin, then the long pins could be an issue, but if you walk on gravel the same thing would apply there with uneven ground and rocks and crap.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/19/2015 9:18 AM

Yeah, file the pins down and see if that helps. If not, maybe try to get shoe inserts? I have them for work so that my feet and knees and back don't hurt as much after a 10 hour shift that requires me to be on my feet basically all day. You might want to try that.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

8/19/2015 8:28 PM

ABOUT A WEEK AGO!!!!

|