Jack of All Trades - Master of a Few?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/16/2013 4:52 AM

Okay, so I've been away from BMX for a few years. I've been racing MTB and doing some adventure racing in the meantime. I want to get back into BMX and need to find a solid frame that will allow me to ride a little bit of everything. I have a BMX racing background but would like to diversify my skills on the bike. I'd like to find a frame that would enable me to do some DJing, park / urban assault, and even a little bit of time at the track. I know, this may be asking for a little too much…..but the frame doesn't have to be the greatest at one particular discipline just versatile enough to hold up on different terrain. I understand that the S&M ATF was designed to meet a variety of riding conditions, are there any other frames I should be looking at? Please keep in mind, I am most comfortable on traditional race geometry. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

|

12/16/2013 6:04 AM

the BSD trail or park.
the sunday rooster

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/16/2013 6:15 AM

Excellent! I'll take a look. Thank you.

|

12/16/2013 6:47 AM

Keep in mind most freestyle setups run small gearing, which puts a LOT more stress on your chain/drivetrain in comparison to the standard 44/16 ratio.

Also a different style of brakes.

It will work, but if you plan on racing on a freestyle frame/setup, you might want to keep that in mind.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/16/2013 7:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/16/2013 7:25 AM

Native Trendkill, FBM Steadfast or Gypsy, S&M Crednce MOD, Deluxe PA or PA USA or Sacre Bleu, Subrosa SIlva, Sunday Conductor, Sunday Rooster, Skavenger Tunnel

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

12/16/2013 7:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/16/2013 7:45 AM

Standard Trail Boss. Fit BF and TD350. Freed Bikes Freedom. Mutiny Doom Wizard, Conjurer, Villij and Lucky Strike.

|