Cranky Old Guy

Related:
Create New Tag

8/25/2016 1:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2016 2:32 PM

So I was bunny hopping this 5 inch curb (I'm starting to clear it) and my seat got jacked up. I didn't tighten it enough yesterday. So I go across the street and ask this old guy at the hardware store if I could borrow an allen key for 20 seconds. He says okay. So I tighten it, hand it back, and he asks for a $1.15!!! I'm like, WTH??? I said BORROW not RENT. It literally took me 20 seconds to tighten it. So I tell him I didn't have any money on me. I'm not kidding, I don't carry money when I ride unless I stop for a snack. So he just shakes his head, walks to his desk, and stares me down the whole time I walk out. LOL

|

8/25/2016 2:34 PM

Technically speaking, you DID use hardware from his store. But thats kinda funny, heh.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

8/25/2016 3:00 PM

Yeah, true. Maybe I'll give him the money when I'm out next. wink Still funny. It was just an allen key from a box where you could purchase them, lol

|

8/25/2016 3:13 PM

Take him the money. He'll be impressed and surprised, I bet.

He's trying to make a living.

Although, he should have told you up front what it would cost you. But still, you got your bike fixed so you should pay him. smile

|

8/25/2016 3:46 PM

yea take him the money anyway, you never know if you might need his help again

|

8/25/2016 3:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2016 4:57 PM

I actually just stopped by and he wasn't open. He's open tomorrow 9-5. I was just going to slide it under the door, but I'll stop by tomorrow. Thanks for not being jerk to me. I do appreciate it

I always feel guilty over the smallest things. I am a TERRIBLE liar...

By the way, I wasn't dissing the guy, I just thought it was a funny story

|

8/25/2016 5:44 PM

Nah f that no need to feel bad, he was building rapport with you so the next time you need something you'll buy from him!

|

Dax in NYC
MD & Flatland rider

8/25/2016 7:10 PM

Nah I wouldn't feel bad. I walk into my bike shop all the time and borrow their tools without paying for labor or whatnot and I do mean ALL THE TIME. I do buy tubes and stuff on occasion though. some people are just salty there's nothing you can do about it.

|

8/26/2016 2:51 AM

If he makes you pay for tools he's being a Jew , it's not like you fucked it up or anything . It's called being nice and respectful , don't feel obligated to pay him . I fix kids bikes all the time for free or if it's extensive maybe I ask for a dollar drink from McDonald's , but I never do something then say "pay me" lol

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/26/2016 5:45 AM

So it's all tied 3-3. I'll just let it go. Maybe when I go in next and get something I'll give him a bit of a tip

|