NJersey riders and dirt jumps!

Related:
Create New Tag

5/13/2019 1:03 PM

HarveyDaverson wrote:

Im in Freehold, im 34, and i recently started riding again. I would love to meet other riders. Photo

I’m in Middletown, same 34. Just got back into riding last year. Looking to ride w someone my same age and skill set. Let me know when you ride. I usually go out Sunday morning or Saturday night

|

5/13/2019 3:36 PM

Nick.C38 wrote:

Anyone know the exact location of the dirt jumps in allaire st park. Dying to ride them!

It's been 4 years since I've been there since i cracked open my head leaving the spot, I'm gonna have to stop by and check out if they're still there I'm pretty sure someone put a new building near or even on where the jumps are but I'll check this week and get back to you.

|

6/27/2019 3:50 AM

Well this was a fucking dud.

|

6/27/2019 4:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/27/2019 4:28 AM

HarveyDaverson wrote:

That's because this thread is 6 years old and was 3,4, & 5 years old when it was dug up the first few times.

Moral of the story? Don't dig up dead threads and expect people to reply. Especially when there's a "regional" area for this sort of post where your message can be ignored.

|

6/27/2019 4:54 AM

HarveyDaverson wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

That's because this thread is 6 years old and was 3,4, & 5 years old when it was dug up the first few times.

Moral of the story? Don't dig up dead threads and expect people to reply. Especially when there's a "regional" area for this sort of post where your message can be ignored.

This, and also people aren't always willing to give out locations of trails. A lot of the time you need to meet up with people elsewhere, and they may show you. Can't expect "renegade" trails locations to be posted online.

We had a set that got pretty good, and some kids found it and told literally everyone they could. Suddenly we went from about 6 of us to like 20 kids there in a DAY, and they started changing things they didn't like or couldn't ride. We had doubles knocked down in height to make tiny tables, shovels were stolen even when hidden REALLY well (like 40 feet into the weeds that were waist high, and they were tossed out there, in trees, and in one case, BURIED).

So I totally understand if people are not willing to tell random strangers online where trails are. Honestly if I made a new set, I would support that.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/27/2019 5:04 AM

HarveyDaverson wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

This, and also people aren't always willing to give out locations of trails. A lot of the time you need to meet up with people elsewhere, and they may show you. Can't expect "renegade" trails locations to be posted online.

We had a set that got pretty good, and some kids found it and told literally everyone they could. Suddenly we went from about 6 of us to like 20 kids there in a DAY, and they started changing things they didn't like or couldn't ride. We had doubles knocked down in height to make tiny tables, shovels were stolen even when hidden REALLY well (like 40 feet into the weeds that were waist high, and they were tossed out there, in trees, and in one case, BURIED).

So I totally understand if people are not willing to tell random strangers online where trails are. Honestly if I made a new set, I would support that.

I didn't dig it up, and I'm not expecting people to post locations of trails. I would be pissed if someone did that to my spot. There were a couple people who posted recently that they wanted to ride, and it turns out they don't.

|

6/28/2019 5:47 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

HarveyDaverson wrote:

I didn't dig it up, and I'm not expecting people to post locations of trails. I would be pissed if someone did that to my spot. There were a couple people who posted recently that they wanted to ride, and it turns out they don't.

I understand why people are/would be upset about releasing the location of spots online, however, with that being said if we are talking about the one place with a lot of jumps everyone wanted to know, lets face it, the place hasn't been touched in years, the trail getting to the place is overgrown, a lot of the dirt is washed out, the jumps have no lip, some of the jumps are quite frankly unrideable, and the sand isn't compact anymore and is super soft making it hard to bike on in some areas. I was back there about a year ago. Its probably worse now but the fact is I doubt any of you have been there in a while and know what's its like. So if one person finds out about this virtually forgotten spot years later, it really wouldn't hurt. Maybe people could help build this place up to what it once was.

|

7/2/2019 3:34 PM

MarkSisom wrote:

Looking to link up with any riders in New Jersey that are lookin to hit dirt jumps (and riding in general) ... I'm lookin to trade spots on the private without blowing up each other's spots! I know to honor that code. ;-)

Couple of my old school friends (I just got back into riding again after a LONG absence through freestyle's heavy bike period of late 90's through early 20000's) and I just built a really fun *easy* track down in southern Ocean County just off the LBI exit off the Pkwy right off Rt 9 ... there's also a really SICK spot by me in Monmouth County I ride like every other day and NEVER see anyone, there's other spot around too. About to dig out a new one right by my house as well (Southeast Monmouth County).

I've also heard about some other spots but don't know where they are and can't seem to find anyone else who knows either.

I'll show you my spots if you show me yours! LOL

I just can't find anyone to friggin ride with and the few friends I have that do ride never leave their one track cause it's easy and they are too big a bunch of PUSSIES to ride the crazy killer jumps by me! ;-) I'm no pro and still dusting off the old school cobwebs, but I want to get my skills back and I'm super amped on riding!

Anyone out there willing to link up and ride, share spots, and maybe dig out a new one? Let's do this shit, where's my Jersey peeps at? ... If anyone wants to step up to the plate PM me your info!

One of the spots right by my house in Monmouth County:

Photo

Photo

Link to photo album of the one spot near my house:
http://www.vitalbmx.com/profile_manager/photo_albums/44488/photos

Where is this?

|

7/2/2019 3:38 PM

HarveyDaverson wrote:

Im in Freehold, im 34, and i recently started riding again. I would love to meet other riders. Photo

GeorgeNJbmx wrote:

I’m in Middletown, same 34. Just got back into riding last year. Looking to ride w someone my same age and skill set. Let me know when you ride. I usually go out Sunday morning or Saturday night

30 im out in long branch ...i do most of my riding on weekends...i would like to link up

|

7/2/2019 3:42 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

HarveyDaverson wrote:

Harvey im here its not a complete dud....ive been working a lot and totally forgot about this forum....but im here still looking to ride with same age ppl .....ill try my best to keep up with forum...or better yet if you want my contact info ill give it to ya

|

5/2/2020 11:50 AM

MarkSisom wrote:

Looking to link up with any riders in New Jersey that are lookin to hit dirt jumps (and riding in general) ... I'm lookin to trade spots on the private without blowing up each other's spots! I know to honor that code. ;-)

Couple of my old school friends (I just got back into riding again after a LONG absence through freestyle's heavy bike period of late 90's through early 20000's) and I just built a really fun *easy* track down in southern Ocean County just off the LBI exit off the Pkwy right off Rt 9 ... there's also a really SICK spot by me in Monmouth County I ride like every other day and NEVER see anyone, there's other spot around too. About to dig out a new one right by my house as well (Southeast Monmouth County).

I've also heard about some other spots but don't know where they are and can't seem to find anyone else who knows either.

I'll show you my spots if you show me yours! LOL

I just can't find anyone to friggin ride with and the few friends I have that do ride never leave their one track cause it's easy and they are too big a bunch of PUSSIES to ride the crazy killer jumps by me! ;-) I'm no pro and still dusting off the old school cobwebs, but I want to get my skills back and I'm super amped on riding!

Anyone out there willing to link up and ride, share spots, and maybe dig out a new one? Let's do this shit, where's my Jersey peeps at? ... If anyone wants to step up to the plate PM me your info!

One of the spots right by my house in Monmouth County:

Photo

Photo

Link to photo album of the one spot near my house:
http://www.vitalbmx.com/profile_manager/photo_albums/44488/photos

Where is the spot off the parkway?? I’m in barnegat and I never saw it! Let’s ride!

|

5/4/2020 6:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/4/2020 6:34 AM

I’m in Sussex county and recently started helping with some crazy dirt jumps. You can’t ride without brakes or a helmet though. I know the creator is always down to have people help dig. No dig no ride

|

8/17/2020 11:05 AM

What’s up guys I’m 35 and looking back to get it to bmx dirt I’m from Woodbridge New Jersey anyone know of any spots?

|

8/17/2020 11:11 AM

check out HighBridge Park in NYC... it's the only thing i know of in north jersey.

|

8/17/2020 12:00 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Isn't the incline club in New Jersey that place looks sick

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Yes ! Place seems dope

it is now closed.

|

Husky Nation Member

8/17/2020 12:40 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Isn't the incline club in New Jersey that place looks sick

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Yes ! Place seems dope

baglagrupie wrote:

it is now closed.

That’s place is closed. I hate going to the skate park it always packed som trying to get back in to dirt

|