Just Curious...

Related:
Create New Tag

8/10/2012 2:39 PM

So I was actually having a conversation the other day with my dad and my brother about professional BMX riders. My dad was wondering if they get most of their money from sponsors or competitions or other jobs. That got me thinking about why some riders are poor as shit and others are making six figures. Anybody know why? Do some sponsors pay more than others? Does park riders generally make more money than street or dirt riders? Haha just curious. Thanks

|

8/10/2012 2:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/10/2012 2:50 PM

Street/park is trendy so it equals money. Big companies are also trendy, so that also equals a bigger check. Showing up to more comps and getting your name out there will also help tremendously.

|

8/10/2012 2:58 PM

Especially if you can get a medal in the X-Games. It also opens the doors for shows like Nitro Circus which Chad Kagy is on. Kyle Baldocks featured in the live series. It's go big or go eat shit with the guys that do well.

|

8/10/2012 3:01 PM

It honestly depends on the rider theyre's some crazy riders who spend most of their money on weed and alcohol parties shit like that and they penny pinch to get by paying the rent. It also depends on the popularity level and skill and what not you know its like any other sport why does kobe bryant make more than some guy who always sits on the bench?

|

8/10/2012 4:00 PM

contests barely pay, sponsors only pay the big named riders and will give the hookup on bikes/parts to the guys who can do top 10 at contests, other riders have other jobs or they live out of vans and travel to contests on borrowed money

same as a motocross privateer

|

8/10/2012 4:02 PM

^^^^ yup your better off doing bmx for the fun of it than trying to become "big"

|