Just an Idea

Related:
Create New Tag

11/28/2013 4:30 PM

A frame that can self adjust its specs.

Like , a internal wedge system in the seattube , say when tightened by an external allen key , it pushes the upper part of the seatube via the wedge , catering to both park and street riders.

Or , this is on some DJ frames , an adjustable chainstay . I guess like longer dropouts technically , but more like you bolt down your wheel to a rectangular sheet of metal , and then that piece can slide into the frame to custom adjust itself.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

11/28/2013 4:35 PM

This is a great idea but I feel like it would break easily and the paint would look shitty when it gets scratched from the movement.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

11/28/2013 5:32 PM

Stocksy wrote:

This is a great idea but I feel like it would break easily and the paint would look shitty when it gets scratched from the movement.

that

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

11/28/2013 5:33 PM

i had this idea like 2 weeks ago, but when i really looked at it, it would mean a swiveling tube weld, which wouldnt be very strong

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

11/28/2013 5:38 PM

It wouldnt hold up, but i have thought of a few ways id need to sketch to explain to alter the geo of a frame up to 3 inches (chainstays). Is it do-able? Yes. Would it also be heavy? HELL YEAH. haha the frame would be like 5-6 pounds haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/28/2013 5:40 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

It wouldnt hold up, but i have thought of a few ways id need to sketch to explain to alter the geo of a frame up to 3 inches (chainstays). Is it do-able? Yes. Would it also be heavy? HELL YEAH. haha the frame would be like 5-6 pounds haha

Well, seeing as my frame is over 6 pounds anyway...

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

11/28/2013 5:43 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Well, seeing as my frame is over 6 pounds anyway...

yeah haha itd be ride able for sure. I have a few ideas. It would be reallly cool to ride i think. Like some of the tubing is screwed together. The area near the BB along with the seatstays and you could adjust the backend length like that!! haha itd be really good i think but the quality of the metal would be hefty and whatnot.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/28/2013 5:53 PM

the 3 inch long dropout idea has been done before, but they tend to close at the tips from what i have heard and seen

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

11/28/2013 6:09 PM

Dropouts used to be really long... like well over an inch and a half of adjustment... we did away with them because they were bending up and closing, so you'd have to pry your dropout open to get your wheel out.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

11/28/2013 7:56 PM

If you feel you need to adjust your frames seat tube, get a lower slung frame and just raise/lower your seat depending on where youre riding. And for the CS I know they make frames with like 13.175slammed-13.75. Just carry two Ody Keychains in your bag, one sized for slammed and one for 13.75. You could swap them out really fast to get a more stable rear end. Then we have the Shadow Captive (I believe?) Forks which you can adjust your offset. So in reality, you can make a fairly adjustable bike. 10minutes of maintenance to convert to a different style.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/28/2013 9:41 PM

Thanks guys. I just thoght of it on the spot, but it would be a neat idea. I'm not trying to make it real or anything. It would just be cool to ride something innovative and unique , plus more people could ride it and make it to their liking !

|

My Cult 2 Short

11/28/2013 10:55 PM

A few MTBs have adjustable CS length. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the EVIL dj frame. look it up at evilbikes.com or something like that.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

11/29/2013 12:09 AM

Seems like it would just be annoying.

|

11/29/2013 8:23 AM

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

11/29/2013 8:56 AM

if you changed the st length, wouldnt that put stress on the headtube welds? like where the tt and dt were, since itd be changing the angle of them ever so slightly

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

11/29/2013 4:43 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

A few MTBs have adjustable CS length. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the EVIL dj frame. look it up at evilbikes.com or something like that.

Morpheus Vimana too.

It's Anthony Messere's signature split frame and he actually went to my school and I had science with him. Dude is a local and kills everything , even on a BMX he's better than most pro's.

|

My Cult 2 Short

11/29/2013 4:46 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Dropouts used to be really long... like well over an inch and a half of adjustment... we did away with them because they were bending up and closing, so you'd have to pry your dropout open to get your wheel out.

been there, done that

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "