Just wanted to discuss....

Related:
Create New Tag

10/18/2017 4:53 AM

... what is the obsession with "black"? It's like every bike that's ever been repainted, ends up being black eventually.

|

10/18/2017 4:54 AM

I dont know... I think it's because black goes good with alot of colors....

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

10/18/2017 5:13 AM

Black always looks good, and always matches well. Coloured tyres and grips suck and look bad, most other parts come in black. Other coloured parts might be slightly different between brands so never quite match. So mostly black will always look neat. Plus it doesn't show dirt and scratches as much

|

10/18/2017 5:16 AM

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against black, I just hate looking at used stuff that's ALWAYS (seemingly, anyway) flat black. The worst part is that they painted it once, why not tear it apart & paint it up nice BEFORE you sell it?! Just so sick of the black "BMX bike for sale" & in every ad, they look exactly the same as every other bike.

|

10/18/2017 8:20 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Black always looks good, and always matches well. Coloured tyres and grips suck and look bad, most other parts come in black. Other coloured parts might be slightly different between brands so never quite match. So mostly black will always look neat. Plus it doesn't show dirt and scratches as much

Hey! What the hell is wrong with colored tires and grips? I kinda like my build! lol

Photo

|

10/18/2017 8:56 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Black always looks good, and always matches well. Coloured tyres and grips suck and look bad, most other parts come in black. Other coloured parts might be slightly different between brands so never quite match. So mostly black will always look neat. Plus it doesn't show dirt and scratches as much

Hbtl_Ofndr wrote:

Hey! What the hell is wrong with colored tires and grips? I kinda like my build! lol

Photo

That looks ace. What frame is it?

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

10/18/2017 9:07 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

That looks ace. What frame is it?

Thanks. Eastern Grim Reaper

|

10/18/2017 9:21 AM

I have never had a problem with black, tho it is "cliche" I guess. From what I understand in the auto industry, it is also the cheapest and dries the quickest...so maybe that is why it is so common in BMX too? I personally like matte black over gloss, and especially like black with metal flake in it.

In a custom build though, I would do raw with blue accents in parts though. Having cut my teeth in the 70's, a BMX should either be chrome or raw. I also like the matte army green of the older Verde Neyer Pros and the matte tan of the WTP Patrol frame. Recently, my most favorite frame color is the Lairdframe Outer Space Blue...

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

10/18/2017 12:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2017 12:26 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

... what is the obsession with "black"? It's like every bike that's ever been repainted, ends up being black eventually.

I like black but it does get boring to see so often.

And the whole fucked up shitty chipped paint and sell it...I dont do that, I usually sell to friends, so I make it presentable before I sell it...usually with matte black lol

|

10/18/2017 1:53 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against black, I just hate looking at used stuff that's ALWAYS (seemingly, anyway) flat black. The worst part is that they painted it once, why not tear it apart & paint it up nice BEFORE you sell it?! Just so sick of the black "BMX bike for sale" & in every ad, they look exactly the same as every other bike.

Yeah that's a fair comment. I guess they just rattle can it to cover scratches. Or the murdered look is still cool?

|

10/19/2017 11:03 AM

The black is the original colour but the tyres were all black until i got red wall duo svs. But now I've resprayed it a few months back i kind of regret it because now i think there's too much red rip.

Photo

Photo

|

10/19/2017 12:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/19/2017 12:35 PM

Poiji wrote:

The black is the original colour but the tyres were all black until i got red wall duo svs. But now I've resprayed it a few months back i kind of regret it because now i think there's too much red rip.

Photo

Photo

I don't know, I like it. Maybe making that stem black might help break it up. If you were to put white walls on, it'd look like a 50's hotrod!

|

10/19/2017 1:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/19/2017 1:45 PM

Poiji wrote:

The black is the original colour but the tyres were all black until i got red wall duo svs. But now I've resprayed it a few months back i kind of regret it because now i think there's too much red rip.

Photo

Photo

That bike looks just like my barcode lol , Yeai liked it better with the black frame but maybe you could respray a black fade into it or try splatter it with black ... Black and red look sick imo :0 Any well thought out colour way looks good, but black you can do so many things with, go purole, go teal, go grey, go red , go orange , go yellow accents etc , they all look bad ass..

|

10/19/2017 3:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/19/2017 3:06 PM

I like black too and would prefer flat or matte black honestly. I really like Brandon Begin's 2018 complete. It's army green. Green and black are my favorite colors, so... If it was about $100 less and cassette, I'd buy it. I'd probably go with a black seat and black tires though. http://fitbikeco.com/bikes-2018/begin-fc/

Nice looking bike Poiji, but I liked it better with the black frame too. Still not bad. As mentioned, black just goes so well with everything. When it boils down to it, your opinion is the only one that matters though.

I like your bike too, Hbtl, but I'm not a big fan of colored wheels. Still looks good and they definitely have their place.

|

10/19/2017 3:36 PM

Poiji wrote:

The black is the original colour but the tyres were all black until i got red wall duo svs. But now I've resprayed it a few months back i kind of regret it because now i think there's too much red rip.

Photo

Photo

BcBMX80 wrote:

That bike looks just like my barcode lol , Yeai liked it better with the black frame but maybe you could respray a black fade into it or try splatter it with black ... Black and red look sick imo :0 Any well thought out colour way looks good, but black you can do so many things with, go purole, go teal, go grey, go red , go orange , go yellow accents etc , they all look bad ass..

I paint splattered the stem with black, gonna buy new grips and new pedals, not a lot of grip left on my grips xD

|