Justridebmx! I hope you read this.

Related:
Create New Tag

3/9/2011 6:08 PM

I started a new topic, in hope of you being more likely to read this. Granted, your decision in quitting BMX is your decision, you should think about this:

No matter what happens in life, don't give up the things you love.

I know this is easier said then done, but it can happen. I was done with BMX. I was moving out of my parents house, I was working 40+ hours a week, and I was getting married. I decided I didn't need riding, that I had more important things I should spend my time doing. I couldn't have been more wrong. BMX is "me" time. It's the time I get away from the stressors of everyday life. It's my time to relax. It's not childish, immature, or dumb to ride your ride your bike. It's a choice. I only ride a few hours a week, but that little time I do spend on my bike is time well spent. Now, I have a baby on the way, I work a full time job, I'm happily married (she fully supports my riding), and I have no intentions of stopping my riding anytime soon. It can be done brotha, and I hope you think of that! But, with that being said, I believe even if you quit, you'll always have a soft spot for this sport.

Best of luck!
_Geoff

|

"I've had the 2 greatest corn dogs of my life, and I owe it all to BMX."

3/9/2011 6:15 PM

sent him the link to it

|

█▄█ █▀█ █▀█ █▀█ █▀ █▀
█▀█ █▄█ █▀▀ █▄█ █▀ █▀

ref-spikez5

3/9/2011 6:17 PM

I see what you are saying man. I just have simply lost my passion, and after July, my home life is over, and it's college time. Which means, no riding time, because bikes can not be kept in a room, and I refuse to leave it locked up outside. I am thinking about just working on what is a little more important now, and if down the line, a spark lights the gas that I have deep inside to ride bikes, I can always get a higher end complete!

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

3/9/2011 6:17 PM

hell yeah man!
my dad rode bikes all through his childhood, and instead of growing out of it, he got into mountain biking and still rides 2 nights a week, in some pretty sick single track trails around our area.

|

3/9/2011 6:19 PM

Yes dude don't give up riding. We met an off duty police officer today while we were working on a dirt jump today. Turns out he used to ride with Mike Aitken when they were kids. He had this old school bike and after a few goes at the jump he started pulling tables and x-ups. Then out of no where he does this huge dumped three but he ended up crashing when he landed. Long story short, you can be that guy who rides and kids look up to.

|

3/9/2011 6:42 PM

JustRideBMX wrote:

I see what you are saying man. I just have simply lost my passion, and after July, my home life is over, and it's college time. Which means, no riding time, because bikes can not be kept in a room, and I refuse to leave it locked up outside. I am thinking about just working on what is a little more important now, and if down the line, a spark lights the gas that I have deep inside to ride bikes, I can always get a higher end complete!

Right on brotha! Do good son!

|

3/9/2011 6:42 PM

sunday color. wrote:

sent him the link to it

Thank you kind sir.

|

3/9/2011 6:44 PM

alex517 wrote:

Yes dude don't give up riding. We met an off duty police officer today while we were working on a dirt jump today. Turns out he used to ride with Mike Aitken when they were kids. He had this old school bike and after a few goes at the jump he started pulling tables and x-ups. Then out of no where he does this huge dumped three but he ended up crashing when he landed. Long story short, you can be that guy who rides and kids look up to.

This is what I'm talking about. I'm a security officer, and a lot of people think I'm another rent-a-cop with an arrogant attitude, but I work for the money, and so I can do the things I love. Just because we have responsibility, doesn't mean we can't have fun!

|

3/9/2011 6:45 PM

JKbmx09 wrote:

hell yeah man!
my dad rode bikes all through his childhood, and instead of growing out of it, he got into mountain biking and still rides 2 nights a week, in some pretty sick single track trails around our area.

I do a little bit of mountain biking, and some road biking too, but BMX is what I really love to do.

|

3/9/2011 6:52 PM

CONGRATS ON THE BABY BRO.

|

Refs: 14
bstick (cranks), Ftkallday (xbox), Brenden1207 (xbox live), Brokenbmx (cranks), jb07 (stem)
TCbmx (hubs), Wolfen (hub), William_Cespedes (cranks), SuperstarDK (wheelset) x2
Blizzbikes (Forks+Freecoaster) k1ng (bars), Spikez5 (chain+sprocket+bb), Evil1_4real (Frame)
J.r._Faw (lotta shit)

Angrypengion.biz
INNOCENT BYSTANDER!

3/9/2011 6:58 PM

xBikeaholic wrote:

this

|

3/9/2011 7:47 PM

xBikeaholic wrote:

X2 I have a boy coming in June!

|

Refs: element4all
Bike Check

3/9/2011 7:49 PM

JustRideBMX wrote:

You dont like bmx anymore?

|

I like my chain tight...like my women.

3/9/2011 7:50 PM

JustRideBMX wrote:

bikyala wrote:

When and where did I say that?

|

My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

3/9/2011 8:03 PM

JustRideBMX wrote:

bikyala wrote:

JustRideBMX wrote:

Thats why it was a question.

|

I like my chain tight...like my women.

3/9/2011 8:12 PM

JustRideBMX wrote:

"i just simply lost my passion"

|

3/9/2011 9:05 PM

alex517 wrote:

Old school bike? Aitken hasn't been riding longer than maybe 15 or so years. If that guy rode with him there is little chance it is a true old school bike.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/9/2011 9:08 PM

JustRideBMX wrote:

you are going to miss it sooner or later and your going to regret selling your bike

|

[b]( . Y . )` ~ ~ ` ~

3/9/2011 9:08 PM

bikyala wrote:

JustRideBMX wrote:

chazdout wrote:

Doesn't mean you don't like it, means you need a break for a while. Sounds to me like he is burnt out, and has a lot on his plate. Now with the college thing, if you are able, try not to live on campus. Then you can keep your bike wherever. Some dorms will allow it inside as well, just gotta talk to some people. You will want it at the least for transportation and some messing around time, which you will have, whether you believe it or not. A buddy of mine is taking something like 21 credits to graduate, works about 25 hours a week, and is thinking of picking up a minor in some form of psychology on top of his education major, and still finds time to ride his road bike upwards of 150 miles a week in the summer.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/9/2011 9:11 PM

dont sell it, just keep, one day your going to regret it. Especially in college life, you can use your bike to cruise around campus, that will be time to ride. You'll get back into it, just take a break, and watch some bmx videos.

just wanted to post this

|

KingsRideShop FTW
cupovjoe wrote: I WAS TALKING ABOUT TACOS YOU SICK FUCK

3/9/2011 9:27 PM

alex517 wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Old school bike? Aitken hasn't been riding longer than maybe 15 or so years. If that guy rode with him there is little chance it is a true old school bike.

eh, you're right it wasn't even an old school bike. It was just kind of old probably like 2002-04. But he could shred. He grew up in the salt lake area and new matt behringer too.

|

3/9/2011 9:27 PM

live to ride, ride to live

|

i ride a Sunday

Refs: irideafly, subrosarider65, ridebmx456, ayobmx, spikez5

cell #: 424-219-2490

3/9/2011 10:46 PM

13esim wrote:

dont sell it, just keep, one day your going to regret it. Especially in college life, you can use your bike to cruise around campus, that will be time to ride. You'll get back into it, just take a break, and watch some bmx videos.

just wanted to post this

I'm really glad you posted this. I was thinking about this video the entire time I typed this...

|

3/10/2011 6:41 AM

13esim wrote:

just wanted to post this

geoffb wrote:

I'm really glad you posted this. I was thinking about this video the entire time I typed this...

great video

|

REFS: Drnwag irideafly sunday.bmx21 8=D xlilkillaluc15x Dennis916 Blake El Gingero mattjmuldoon@hotmail.com netty speghetti kr00253 bstick Dudeisdrumer109

pcoco ticaleb

3/10/2011 7:03 AM

After my daughter was born I thought I'd never ride again, and while you won't see me jumping down a 12 set anytime soon, I still get out even if it's just for a cruise. Being older and having a family makes me value BMX way more than I ever did when I was young. When weather permits I ride my bike to work (5 miles) and when I get some time off I find a nice quiet parking lot and practice some flatland. BMX isn't the bread of life, but it can be can be the salt of life, just a pinch makes everything taste that much better.

|

3/10/2011 7:09 AM

also about you gf, the best thing to do is for you both to go bike riding. thats what i do and works out great

|

KingsRideShop FTW
cupovjoe wrote: I WAS TALKING ABOUT TACOS YOU SICK FUCK

3/10/2011 2:25 PM

bikyala wrote:

JustRideBMX wrote:

chazdout wrote:

I still don't see the part where I said I don't like BMX anymore?

|

My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas