KHE Reverse FC Hub

Related:
Create New Tag

12/27/2009 7:44 AM

do you have to take this hub apart in order to adjust the slack?

|

In Order To Succed, Your Desire For Success Should Be Greater Then Your Fear Of Failure.
Refs: Tibug, Aw1234512, Jb07

12/27/2009 7:46 AM

yes and don't make a new thread especially since you already stated that you knew you had to take it apart in your other one.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

12/27/2009 7:47 AM

cupovjoe wrote:

yes and don't make a new thread especially since you already stated that you knew you had to take it apart in your other one.

i wanted to clarify that you actualy did

|

In Order To Succed, Your Desire For Success Should Be Greater Then Your Fear Of Failure.

12/27/2009 7:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/27/2009 7:49 AM

you could have done that in the other thread. . . would have been much easier.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

12/27/2009 7:51 AM

cupovjoe wrote:

you could have done that in the other thread. . . would have been much easier.

yea i know, i wasnt tihnking when i made this thread lol, but what is slack? and does the stock amount the hub comes adjusted with is it ok?

|

12/27/2009 7:59 AM

slack is the amount of play you have in the cranks before the hub engages and starts to turn the wheel. this is important to have because when riding backwards you have to allow for your feet wanting to move forwards and reengaging the hub when your doing fakie tricks. to allow for this manufactures made a larger gap of space before the hub engages.

khe reverse comes with two spacers inside of it which creates medium slack.

I and Most other freecoaster riders recommend the largest slack possible which will allow for the most play in the cranks.

|

Bike check?

12/27/2009 8:02 AM

cupovjoe wrote:

slack is the amount of play you have in the cranks before the hub engages and starts to turn the wheel. this is important to have because when riding backwards you have to allow for your feet wanting to move forwards and reengaging the hub when your doing fakie tricks. to allow for this manufactures made a larger gap of space before the hub engages.

khe reverse comes with two spacers inside of it which creates medium slack.

I and Most other freecoaster riders recommend the largest slack possible which will allow for the most play in the cranks.

ok, do u think albes would adjust it for me?

|

12/27/2009 8:04 AM

nope. its real easy though you just take off the nuts, unscrew the driver, hit the axle and other side bearing out with a rubber mallet, pull off the clutch, and pull off the spacers.

|

Bike check?

12/27/2009 8:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 11:48 PM

|

12/27/2009 8:38 AM

cupovjoe wrote:

nope. its real easy though you just take off the nuts, unscrew the driver, hit the axle and other side bearing out with a rubber mallet, pull off the clutch, and pull off the spacers.

o so the slack is just spacers?

that seems simple enough

|

12/27/2009 8:44 AM

yeah the more spacers you remove the farther back the clutch goes into the hub when it disengages. its a screw and friction system
when the clutch disengages it unscrews a set amount into the back of the hub. t
then when you try to pedal the driver pulls the clutch towards it till it hits the hubshell and when it hits the hubshell the clutch uses friction to lock on to it. when this happens you can pedal. when you go backwards the clutch unscrews from the driver until it hits the spacers. more spacers and it unscrews less, less spacers and it unscrews more.

|

Bike check?

7/31/2011 6:52 PM

Where can I get these spacers? Does anyone no?

|

8/1/2011 8:29 AM

ur a tard this thread is old and from home depot or lowes or some hardware store

|

I HAVE A PAIR OF BLACK ODDY 7KAS I WILL TRADE BOTH FOR A PAIR OF SUN ENVYS (MUST BE FRONT AND REAR MATCHING SET) ANY COLOR

8/1/2011 8:39 AM

Dont bring back old threads.

|

My Check tongue
I'm with stupid ▼