KHE lhd/rhd switchable FC [UPDATE]

Related:
Create New Tag

1/9/2014 7:26 AM

well then, this is very interesting. really want to know how this bad boy works.... its only the clutch and driver that are one directional on a traditional KHE fc right? so thats where the genious lies.... maybe a double sided clutch might be the start of how it works? lets discuss...

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

1/9/2014 7:53 AM

As soon as the "best" coaster drops, a better one comes around. I still think the kink one is gonna dominate all.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

1/9/2014 8:10 AM

I would imagine its nothing special. Just flip some stuff around. Really neat though, but I find this kind of pointless for a coaster. Just buy whatever side you need! Its a more reasonable idea for a cassette imo though even then, not really. Only for reselling it for the most part..:s

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/9/2014 10:47 AM

You need to buy a new driver and a new clutch to switch it. That worked with any KHE style freecoaster out there as far as I know.

|

1/9/2014 11:36 AM

New driver and clutch, the clutch ring is not screwed in like single drive side coasters.

It says "handful of parts" so this is what I assume it to be.

OR a two piece driver where you swap the clutch threads and clutch to swap drive side.

Unless it is similar to the Ezra setup with pawls and springs, then it would be pretty simple to do.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/9/2014 11:40 AM

B(avaria)mx wrote:

You need to buy a new driver and a new clutch to switch it. That worked with any KHE style freecoaster out there as far as I know.

If you weren't careful the clutch ring would loosen and lock up the wheel, a buddy of mine did that with a reverse and an alienation hubshell. One good crank and it locked up because that ring stuck to the clutch, unthreaded from the hubshell and came out.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/10/2014 12:26 AM

B(avaria)mx wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

If you weren't careful the clutch ring would loosen and lock up the wheel, a buddy of mine did that with a reverse and an alienation hubshell. One good crank and it locked up because that ring stuck to the clutch, unthreaded from the hubshell and came out.

Im so glad you said that, coz this changes things for me (for a college project im doing). So if I was to use a federal fc shell that wasnt lhd then the clutch would unscrew the clutch ring if i used a lhd driver and clutch?

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

1/10/2014 3:14 AM

so it was the get a new clutch/driver/cone. Im dissapointed tbh, all they did was pin the clutch ring in instead of screwing it in, which im pretty sure is nothing new? I mean, i know its the known way to have them screw in, but im pretty sure some older fc werent? i might be wrong but for some reason thats in my head :L

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit