Karl Poynter off Eastern and Ezra

Related:
Create New Tag

7/8/2013 4:07 PM

"I will be parting ways with both Eastern Bikes and Ezra BMX. Over the past couple of years you may have noticed a lot of cutbacks and changes happening under the Eastern roof. Unfortunately, all of that has caused it to be impossible for Eastern/Ezra and I to continue to work together. I felt very invested in these brands through all the good and the bad. Some of the changes and decisions made with the brands were not always in line with the direction I had hoped for or expected, but a rider can only have so much control. I can also say that the past four years I’ve had experiences I’ll never forget with traveling the world, meeting new friends, hanging with the team, and working on a few signature products. It’s been a fun ride and I’m thankful to have been a part of it. As this door closes, I’m excited to move on to the next. I’d like to say thanks to all of you out there who continue to support me in what I do. It really means a lot! With this news being unexpected and with no warning, I currently do not have any frame or parts sponsors lined up at this time." - Karl Poynter

Thoughts? Where do you see him going next?

|

7/8/2013 4:21 PM

Is this a joke?

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

7/8/2013 4:31 PM

No.It's on the home page...

|

7/8/2013 5:05 PM

Wow i cant believe it honestly. It happens tho, rider needs cash! haha thats how i see it atleast. He said the budget cuts and all that affected it so he is really saying they arent paying him enough. But thats just fine, i see him going with maybe Kink, Federal, and possibly even S&M! Idk about components. Probably not odyssey bc they dropped Eric L. and i doubt are gonna be sponsoring any more people for the time. But possibly Eclat, doubt it, Fly maybe, possibly Profile or Primo! idk i am interested to see what happens!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/8/2013 5:21 PM

i never thought id see this. what about the coaster? are they gonna stop making it or just take off his name?

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/8/2013 5:41 PM

He left Sunday & Shadow Conspiracy for Eastern & Ezra, i thought he was fucking mental when he did that, all for a few signature parts! I wonder where he will go from here & will he get another signature Freecoaster on whatever company he ends up on?! There's been a few shake ups with Riders leaving/being dropped by sponsors. But there's a few companies picking riders up too, I'll be on the look out to see where Karl goes & where Eric L goes too for that matter.

|

7/8/2013 5:44 PM

he should go back to shadow

|

7/8/2013 6:09 PM

Damn didn't see this coming. Shouldn't have any problem finding new sponsors though, his riding is too sick. Curious about whats going to happen with the coaster.

|

7/8/2013 6:30 PM

Guess im glad I didnt get rid of my Karl Poynter Sig. Seat today. Guess ill be keeping that forever.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

7/8/2013 6:30 PM

Topsey wrote:

He left Sunday & Shadow Conspiracy for Eastern & Ezra, i thought he was fucking mental when he did that, all for a few ...more

Well he did ride a re-shelled Odyssey reloader when he was on Shadow...

I would guess they will take his name off of it, and he will help develop one elsewhere or have the internals and a new hubshell.

But basically sounds like he was not getting paid enough.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/8/2013 6:33 PM

I can see Kink, going back to Shadow or maybe even starting his own brand.

|

Instagram

7/8/2013 7:35 PM

I've honestly thought Eastern and Ezra would be done soon. Doesn't surprise me.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

7/8/2013 7:37 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I've honestly thought Eastern and Ezra would be done soon. Doesn't surprise me.

What? Lol they arent going out of business.

|

Instagram

7/8/2013 7:40 PM

I would like to know the die hard vein fans thoughts on this.

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

7/8/2013 7:56 PM

justin vogelsberger wrote:

he should go back to shadow

This.

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

7/8/2013 8:19 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

What? Lol they arent going out of business.

Well, not yet. I mean the whole him getting dropped and the cutbacks and all. Doesn't surprise me. I honestly can't see them staying around much longer.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

7/8/2013 8:33 PM

Effting wrote:

I think it sucks they dont get their shit in line. Like its great they are offering parts for way cheaper!!! It makes BMX more available to people. And they do make some decent parts! But they honestly have stuff out of stock for too long and dont really release interesting info on the new stuff coming in, which loses people. of course they lose money not selling things, and i wish theyd get stuff back in stock already. I consider myself a fan of them because i love what they do for BMX, and i ran a lot of their stuff for a bit (i do admit that some are not that great) but their cranks are nice. And i recommend bikes to anyone willing to start but cant drop loads on cash on a new ride. I think they should hurry their shit up already. They really need to get into some business soon or i could easily see them going under. I'd hate for them to tho. And VeinBmx, if you see this, try to get things in stock and do longer runs of the parts so you can stay in business!!! Get lots in stock so you can have them more available.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/8/2013 9:04 PM

IMO Guerra and Ezra really have potential to become popular brands but they need to move away from the "direct pricing" thing, start selling to mailorders and shops, then continue to put out innovative and quality stuff like their coaster and moose frame.

|

7/8/2013 10:27 PM

Effting wrote:

Im definitely a die hard Vein fan. Doesnt change anything for me. Im pretty sure eastern & ezra will still be ok & might even sponsor someone new w00t

|

Instagram

7/8/2013 10:30 PM

Hope he gets new sponsors soon. He's one of my favourite riders.

|

7/8/2013 10:31 PM

Well, maybe im a little sad. But, hopefully they do get the "out of stock" issues fixed. If it be taking inventory slow or just not having the parts. I have no idea.

|

Instagram

7/8/2013 11:33 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Well, maybe im a little sad. But, hopefully they do get the "out of stock" issues fixed. If it be taking inventory slow or ...more

the parts have taken a while to send. I called them and their parts should be here by the end of this month, beginning of next.

|

7/8/2013 11:37 PM

Except for the odd look at my new coaster edits I haven't seen anything new out of Karl for ages

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

7/9/2013 2:36 AM

They were shit anyway, have to be fucking brain dead to leave shadow and sunday for them. I don't particularly like shadow or sunday but they're a damn sight better than fucking eastern and ezra.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.
I got refs

7/9/2013 9:02 AM

zenith111 wrote:

They were shit anyway, have to be fucking brain dead to leave shadow and sunday for them. I don't particularly like shadow or ...more

Fuck you! Atleast they arent charging 50 $ for a shitty ass stem that snaps & then wont warranty it. Eastern & Ezra by far are a better company. They dont charge insane prices either. Eastern & Ezra warranty dept. Is better by all means than any other company around right now. Odyssey is even starting to refuse to warranty parts.

Eastern doesnt have problems with parts breaking like they did years ago. They have changed their ways.

|

Instagram

7/9/2013 9:04 AM

zenith111 wrote:

They were shit anyway, have to be fucking brain dead to leave shadow and sunday for them. I don't particularly like shadow or ...more

whistling
|

7/9/2013 9:06 AM

i see him possibly on BSD... but maybe back to the sunday/shadow legacy. Who knows eh?

|

Bruh

7/9/2013 9:30 AM

zenith111 wrote:

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Fuck you! Atleast they arent charging 50 $ for a shitty ass stem that snaps & then wont warranty it. Eastern & Ezra by ...more

Yeah maybe so but I'm not going to trust them, guerra sounds mexican and mexicans don't shower. Defend them all you like, my opinion ain't going to be changed by some internet kid who still likes scene girls. (no offence)

|

I got refs

7/9/2013 10:51 AM

zenith111 wrote:

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Fuck you! Atleast they arent charging 50 $ for a shitty ass stem that snaps & then wont warranty it. Eastern & Ezra by ...more

zenith111 wrote:

Yeah maybe so but I'm not going to trust them, guerra sounds mexican and mexicans don't shower. Defend them all you like, my ...more

I honestly like that guerra logic.

|

Instagram

7/9/2013 2:13 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

I honestly like that guerra logic.

It's the best way to look at things. Fucking Mexicans.

|

I got refs