Kid gets suckerpunched. (Decent read)

Related:
Create New Tag

5/2/2014 12:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/2/2014 12:08 PM

This local kid at the skatepark , Dave, got sucker punched.

He has a pretty eh life apparently. Fostercare , smokes a pack a day. Apparently he deals too , to support himself. Steals a FUCKLOAD. Like he steals pop and snacks for us , and even stole like 3 packs of 18 egg cartons so kids could go egg LOL. Anyways , he's a fairly nice kid but he often runs his mouth and gets mad pretty easily. In short terms , he thinks he's big.

But going at the park a bunch of locals (aged 13-15) aren't really fond of him and they always run their mouth. One kid Ben , who's also a friend , started tbagging him from behind as a joke. Dave got mad and got up to chase him but suddenly some other kid (Doesn't bike or anything , just chills) turns around and sucker punches the FUCK out of Dave. He drops and starts howling. It turns out his eye swelled like fuck.

Me and a couple riders watched to make sure he was ok. I didn't want to get involved but since he's a decent kid , I wanted to make sure he was ok. I called the kid who punched him out and started giving him shit but we left after like 10 minutes because of course cops get called and the rec. center people come outside and report everything...

I just wonder what you guys think , and if anything similar happens. It's not like I could go and punch out the dude who hit Dave because I'm older and his brothers both fight in UFC . Dave is a nice guy and shouldn't have got sucker punched but on the otherhand , when you get up to chase someone , you kinda expect to get in that type of shit , and the guy who punched him said he was just protecting Ben. (It was totally unecessary mind you..but I get his intentions. Kinda) I changed the names in this article just in case. At the end of the day , I consider myself a BIKER , and even though I get close to people at the park , I would rather just ride my bike instead of getting involved with tween shit that doesn't involve me. I haven't seen Dave but i'm pretty sure he's not going to the skatepark anymore.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/2/2014 12:40 PM

Well, if he deals, smokes, and steal, he doesnt seem that legit. Nothing wrong with smoking and even dealing a bit with weed, if you need money and that is the only way, why not?
He shouldnt have got mad...

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

5/2/2014 1:03 PM

'Dave' seems like that the last sort of person it's good to hang out with.

|

5/2/2014 1:11 PM

@bmx_forever, I agree. Dave has definitely chosen the wrong path in life and when you choose the wrong path, not many things go right. If I were you, I wouldn't really worry about it too much. You don't want to get involved. It may seem crazy but sometimes violence really ISN'T the answer and there are other ways to settle situations like this.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

5/2/2014 1:26 PM

He sounds like a pretty bad kid to me...

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/2/2014 1:28 PM

Kid doesn't seem like such a good person. You gain from him stealing for you, but how long is it before he steals from you?
Im not saying hes not a good kid deep down, but what he does and his probable mindset isnt right. From what I can tell, all you do is support it and make it worse. He obviously looks up to you and wants to be friends with you if he puts himself at risk by stealing for you.
Do the right thing and tell him he needs to stop stealing, and let him know it bugs you when he smokes. It might not seem like the right thing to do, but to him it will go a long way and do him alot of good. He apparently doesn't have true parents, nobody to be proud of him and nobody to discipline him when he does wrong. Hes looking at you and your group of friends for that, and all you do is make him feel accomplished for stealing. You make him feel like youre proud of him.
You, for whatever reason, are his parent figure. Talk amongst your friends about it and have a get together and have a talk with him. Tell him you value his friendship and dont want to see him in trouble. Tell him if he continues to steal and smoke, you will stop being friends with him. Make him feel accomplished for POSITIVE things. If he begins to get on the right track, tell him how proud youre becoming.
He is a human being aswell, a troubled one at that. You and your friends are distorting the way he sees things and what is right or wrong. You guys are ignorant to the fact that you are ruining his life.
I challenge you to do the right thing and help him. He sees you just as you see your mother and father. See him as you would see your own child, shape him into a better person.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

5/2/2014 1:55 PM

Yah he's shady. I don't go out and tell him to steal or that shit , he just does it. I give him shit for everything he does. But I'm not a parent. I don't want kids looking up to me for that exact reason. I'm not responsible for what they decide to do.

Idk , he seems like a good guy. The poor little guy doesn't have much and seeing him get clocked and embaressed makes me feel bad about it. I rode away feeling bad but I don't want his image of him on me , and now since I stick up for him , I "ride his dick". I just hope he's ok

|

My Cult 2 Short

5/2/2014 2:31 PM

You're a good guy, Brayden. Tim is right though. This guy Dave is seeking you and your friend's approval through this misguided behavior. You really don't get to decide for other people if they look up to you or not. If you really don't approve of his stealing and want him to stop, you might have to give him an ultimatum and tell him you won't hang out with him if he doesn't stop. Something to keep in mind in all this is that his stealing has the potential to get you into legal trouble.

And for your "friends" giving you shit for sticking up for Dave, would you stick up for them if they were in a similar situation? If the answer is yes, you might remind them of that fact.

|

5/2/2014 3:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/2/2014 3:33 PM

that kid is a worthless shit who got less than what he deserved. he deserves to be gangraped and sent to the military

|

5/2/2014 4:20 PM

jokeloony wrote:

that kid is a worthless shit who got less than what he deserved. he deserves to be gangraped and sent to the military

Photo
|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417

5/2/2014 6:13 PM

jokeloony wrote:

You caused the holocaust.

|

YouTube

5/2/2014 6:16 PM

jokeloony wrote:

Stocksy wrote:

You caused the holocaust.

Is that a Toyota Tundra in your profile pic???shocked

|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417

5/2/2014 7:46 PM

Shortdude wrote:

Is that a Toyota Tundra in your profile pic???shocked

Yes. whistling

|

YouTube

5/2/2014 8:02 PM

At the end of the day, you and your friends have the ability to save this boys life.
For all you know, he could become a doctor one day if he were to get on the right track.
And just maybe even save your life one day.

He looks up to you whether you approve or not, ignore it and let things get worse, or make the best of it and save the poor kids life. The things you do can and will go along way in helping him. If your friends have a problem with that, then fuck them. I would rather take an innocent kid with hope under my wing and help him change his ways and live a positive lifestyle than have a bunch of ignorant douche bag friends anyway.

But in 10 years when you see him sleeping on a bench with nowhere to go, remember- he looked up to you. He became who he is because of the influences you and your friends made.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

5/2/2014 8:18 PM

I know what you mean when you say he's a good kid. I had a mate who sounds pretty much the same as Dave, however he was the same age as me and although he did and still does a lot of illegal shit, he is very loyal to his mates, for example if he got caught by the cops for something you did, he would take the blame and spend jail time for you. but anyway, if I were in your situation, I probably wouldn't have done anything, unless Dave was getting his head stomped on while on the ground knocked out.

|

5/2/2014 8:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/3/2014 6:02 PM

Didn't see him today. Apparently , he said we "ditched him" and is upset , EVEN though we waited and told him to come with us and ride away , he was clocked out of his mind though I guess. I hope he isn't mad at us , but whatever. I heard he's staying at home because his eye got swelled up like fuck , and the rec center tries catching the kid that hit him , even though they wont do anything.

|

My Cult 2 Short

5/2/2014 8:55 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Kid doesn't seem like such a good person. You gain from him stealing for you, but how long is it before he steals from you?
Im ...more

Good advice right here...
Photo

|

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

5/3/2014 5:55 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Didn't see him today. Apparently , he said we "ditched him" and is upset , EVEN though we waited and told him to come with us ...more

Maybe I was wrong about you. Maybe you're not a good guy.

|

5/3/2014 6:11 AM

Never get involved unless its a good friend, family, or the kid is being bullied, and I think you mean MMA not UFC, saying that they are in the UFC is like saying they are in the NBA.

|

5/3/2014 6:17 PM

Fondue wrote:

I don't try to be a good person. I don't go out and bike , to be the local "Superman" . I'm just me. As I said , I don't want people looking up to me , for exactly waht you said. People get judgemental about everything you do. As for the inncident , as I mentioned , there wasn't much I could do. We waited for him to get up , but I'm not trying to get involved with that shit. Adults were out and he was being treated. It wasn't like he was getting curbstopped. He was just on the ground. You didn't see the inncident like me , you don't know what it was like exactly.

Please refrain yourself from commenting on who I am. It's the internet. You don't know me. I don't try to make myself seem like a "good person". I hate hearing shit like you said. I don't judge you for what you say. I'm not trying to impress anyone so judge me as a biker because that's who I am. I don't log onto Vital to be a good person. I am on here to surround myself with fellow bikers and the lifestyle of it.

|

My Cult 2 Short

5/4/2014 1:59 AM

|

bicycle more like bikecycle

5/4/2014 6:36 AM

Didn't see him today. Apparently , he said we "ditched him" and is upset , EVEN though we waited and told him to come with us ...more

Fondue wrote:

I don't try to be a good person. I don't go out and bike , to be the local "Superman" . I'm just me. As I said , I don't want ...more

I'm allowed to make comments about the kind of person I think you or anybody on here is in my personal judgement. I never said or implied you were trying to be a good person. I just thought you sounded concerned, but obviously you're not.

Tell you what, I'm going to go about my life here, and everywhere else, as I normally do. You do the same. I'm going to judge you, and everyone and anyone I want, and there is nothing you can do to stop that, Brayden.

|