Kink Hickerson Frame?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/31/2020 7:55 PM

Probably a long shot but does anyone on here remember a signature frame for Danny Hickerson from Kink ? Probably mid-late 2000's, I remember seeing it in a magazine but I don't remember what it was called, can't even find any info on it online.

|

8/31/2020 8:39 PM

I don’t think he had a signature kink frame? I know he rode for them for a bit though Try messaging him on Instagram, maybe he’ll shed light on this.

|

It’s all bmx

8/31/2020 8:46 PM

Before my time but i tried to look and would have thought there'd be at least one on bmx museum if he had a sig frame? nothing there though

anyway came across this video and he does a fucking 360 TAILWHIP TO MANUAL 180 OVER A SPINE WTF

|

8/31/2020 9:26 PM

cky199 wrote:

Before my time but i tried to look and would have thought there'd be at least one on bmx museum if he had a sig frame? nothing there though

anyway came across this video and he does a fucking 360 TAILWHIP TO MANUAL 180 OVER A SPINE WTF

Damn, dude owned whips!

|





8/31/2020 9:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/31/2020 9:29 PM

Terrible One made it, not Kink. T1 Hickerson frame. My friend rode one for the longest time.

|





8/31/2020 10:26 PM

Maybe I'm totally mixing up my stuff, but was Hickerson the guy who would switch his feet for tailwhips?

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

9/1/2020 4:36 AM

readybmxer wrote:

Maybe I'm totally mixing up my stuff, but was Hickerson the guy who would switch his feet for tailwhips?

Yup, he could switch feet for everything-one of the most ambidextrous riders out there-I saw a whip to DOWNSIDE ICE on a quarter back in the day.

Guy was AWESOME. Did stuff people still don't do.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/1/2020 4:49 AM

cky199 wrote:

Before my time but i tried to look and would have thought there'd be at least one on bmx museum if he had a sig frame? nothing there though

anyway came across this video and he does a fucking 360 TAILWHIP TO MANUAL 180 OVER A SPINE WTF

Have you seen this? Different guy, STILL bonkers.




|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/1/2020 6:57 AM

cky199 wrote:

Before my time but i tried to look and would have thought there'd be at least one on bmx museum if he had a sig frame? nothing there though

anyway came across this video and he does a fucking 360 TAILWHIP TO MANUAL 180 OVER A SPINE WTF

dave lawrence wrote:

Have you seen this? Different guy, STILL bonkers.




YES! I forgot who did it but I knew exactly what he was gonna do when I clicked play haha

|

9/1/2020 9:37 AM

I’ve not sure I’ve heard of his signature frame with them. I remember the one he rode riding for them that was multi colored. Like a brown, blue something frame around 05. One of my favorite riders. I still have the 2012 t1 and was one of my favorite frames.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

9/1/2020 1:16 PM

He definitely had a signature with Kink, it was in one of the Ridebmx mags.

|

9/1/2020 1:17 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

Terrible One made it, not Kink. T1 Hickerson frame. My friend rode one for the longest time.

Yeah I know I used to own one. And yes Kink did make him a sig, most likely before your time. Was an ad for it in a Ride mag.

|

9/1/2020 1:18 PM

Four wrote:

I’ve not sure I’ve heard of his signature frame with them. I remember the one he rode riding for them that was multi colored. Like a brown, blue something frame around 05. One of my favorite riders. I still have the 2012 t1 and was one of my favorite frames.

I wish I never sold my Hickerson.

|

9/1/2020 2:26 PM

cky199 wrote:

Before my time but i tried to look and would have thought there'd be at least one on bmx museum if he had a sig frame? nothing there though

anyway came across this video and he does a fucking 360 TAILWHIP TO MANUAL 180 OVER A SPINE WTF

dave lawrence wrote:

Have you seen this? Different guy, STILL bonkers.




cky199 wrote:

YES! I forgot who did it but I knew exactly what he was gonna do when I clicked play haha

Brian Vowell. So underrated.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/1/2020 3:31 PM

Danny was only on Kink for a very short time. I don't think it was long enough for a signature frame.

|

9/1/2020 5:43 PM

I was curious cause I only remember the Moody/Hickerson frame from Terrible 1, so I used the wayback machine and checked Kink’s website back in the day… no such frame existed, just the Freebird and Jim C’s signature models. So either it was one of them, it was an ad for a prototype that never released, or you could be mistaken

|

9/1/2020 7:25 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I was curious cause I only remember the Moody/Hickerson frame from Terrible 1, so I used the wayback machine and checked Kink’s website back in the day… no such frame existed, just the Freebird and Jim C’s signature models. So either it was one of them, it was an ad for a prototype that never released, or you could be mistaken

Was definitely a sig frame for him, had a cable guide through the seat tube. I doubt they would have done an ad for a prototype I could be wrong though. I also remember not long after that he was then on T1 riding a ruben etc etc.

|

9/1/2020 8:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/1/2020 8:39 PM

Cellmember wrote:

Was definitely a sig frame for him, had a cable guide through the seat tube. I doubt they would have done an ad for a prototype I could be wrong though. I also remember not long after that he was then on T1 riding a ruben etc etc.

I meant like an ad hyping up his upcoming frame using a prototype or something, but I stand corrected cause I found a really old thread from October 2005 where someone mentions it as a "new frame" and someone else mentions it advertised in that month's ride on the back, so you're right. But I found another old archive saying he was off Kink the same month (October 2005), so given that it was referred to as a relatively new frame in October, I guess it was only available for a few months, if at all cause it's possible they pulled it right away cause I couldn't find it for sale on any old archived websites or even bmx museum. I also looked through the wayback archive of Kink's website, and there's no mention of it on their site throughout 2005, and 2004 he wasn't even listed as a rider... so best bet would be to hit him on on social media.

|

9/1/2020 8:47 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I was curious cause I only remember the Moody/Hickerson frame from Terrible 1, so I used the wayback machine and checked Kink’s website back in the day… no such frame existed, just the Freebird and Jim C’s signature models. So either it was one of them, it was an ad for a prototype that never released, or you could be mistaken

Cellmember wrote:

Was definitely a sig frame for him, had a cable guide through the seat tube. I doubt they would have done an ad for a prototype I could be wrong though. I also remember not long after that he was then on T1 riding a ruben etc etc.

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I meant like an ad hyping up his upcoming frame using a prototype or something, but I stand corrected cause I found a really old thread from October 2005 where someone mentions it as a "new frame" and someone else mentions it advertised in that month's ride on the back, so you're right. But I found another old archive saying he was off Kink the same month (October 2005), so given that it was referred to as a relatively new frame in October, I guess it was only available for a few months, if at all cause it's possible they pulled it right away cause I couldn't find it for sale on any old archived websites or even bmx museum. I also looked through the wayback archive of Kink's website, and there's no mention of it on their site throughout 2005, and 2004 he wasn't even listed as a rider... so best bet would be to hit him on on social media.

Nice find, it was pretty obscure like I said he was on T1 very shortly after the ad and nothing heard of to do with the frame coming from kink.

|

9/1/2020 8:53 PM

Speaking of that thread, Pnj was on there. Don't know if it's the same Pnj from here.

|

9/1/2020 8:58 PM

Cellmember wrote:

Nice find, it was pretty obscure like I said he was on T1 very shortly after the ad and nothing heard of to do with the frame coming from kink.

Try searching up old copies of Ride from October 2005 too. I only found a few reviews online talking about it and some of the highlights though but I didn’t look too deep. Or maybe someone has that issue and could take a photo of it

|

9/1/2020 9:02 PM

Cellmember wrote:

Speaking of that thread, Pnj was on there. Don't know if it's the same Pnj from here.

Judging from the solid advise (take it to the bank and cash it) given..

Has to be the same Pnj!

|





9/1/2020 10:08 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I was curious cause I only remember the Moody/Hickerson frame from Terrible 1, so I used the wayback machine and checked Kink’s website back in the day… no such frame existed, just the Freebird and Jim C’s signature models. So either it was one of them, it was an ad for a prototype that never released, or you could be mistaken

Cellmember wrote:

Was definitely a sig frame for him, had a cable guide through the seat tube. I doubt they would have done an ad for a prototype I could be wrong though. I also remember not long after that he was then on T1 riding a ruben etc etc.

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I meant like an ad hyping up his upcoming frame using a prototype or something, but I stand corrected cause I found a really old thread from October 2005 where someone mentions it as a "new frame" and someone else mentions it advertised in that month's ride on the back, so you're right. But I found another old archive saying he was off Kink the same month (October 2005), so given that it was referred to as a relatively new frame in October, I guess it was only available for a few months, if at all cause it's possible they pulled it right away cause I couldn't find it for sale on any old archived websites or even bmx museum. I also looked through the wayback archive of Kink's website, and there's no mention of it on their site throughout 2005, and 2004 he wasn't even listed as a rider... so best bet would be to hit him on on social media.

that is some damn fine detective work if i've ever seen it

|

9/3/2020 1:34 PM

A friend of mine had that mag that frame was advertised in. I'll see if I can get any info from the human himself.

|

9/3/2020 1:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/3/2020 1:35 PM

cky199 wrote:

Before my time but i tried to look and would have thought there'd be at least one on bmx museum if he had a sig frame? nothing there though

anyway came across this video and he does a fucking 360 TAILWHIP TO MANUAL 180 OVER A SPINE WTF

dave lawrence wrote:

Have you seen this? Different guy, STILL bonkers.




cky199 wrote:

YES! I forgot who did it but I knew exactly what he was gonna do when I clicked play haha

The BV clip holy shit, 3 to nose manny/H5 etc jeeez.

|

9/3/2020 2:20 PM

Cellmember wrote:

The BV clip holy shit, 3 to nose manny/H5 etc jeeez.

What's even nuttier is that happened like SIXTEEN YEARS AGO. He also did a bar up a hip to hang 5 back then. NUTTTSSSSSS.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/3/2020 2:40 PM

cky199 wrote:

YES! I forgot who did it but I knew exactly what he was gonna do when I clicked play haha

Cellmember wrote:

The BV clip holy shit, 3 to nose manny/H5 etc jeeez.

dave lawrence wrote:

What's even nuttier is that happened like SIXTEEN YEARS AGO. He also did a bar up a hip to hang 5 back then. NUTTTSSSSSS.

Insane !

|