Kink Incite Cassette Hub?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/9/2016 7:40 PM

I was considering this hub since its on sale on danscomp for $54.95, which I wouldn't mind if I had to replace it within a year. I noticed that the hub is a 15mm axle and also has the same sized bolts as the Kink Boulevard which is a FA front hub. Does anyone else ride this hub?

Photo

|

5/9/2016 7:51 PM

Do you grind a lot? If so, I'd pass on it personally unless you desperately need a new rear hub.

If you're pegless or only lightly grind, it should be fine.

I don't have it, but just from the specs it seems fairly good. 2 sealed 6902 bearings rolling on a chromoly center axle with chromoly bolts, 3 individually sprung pawls, and a ceramic bushing (no bearings to blow out, but I've heard they don't feel as good as normal bearings or needle bearings do, but I can't say for certain)

|

5/9/2016 8:02 PM

I don't grind too much, I do a couple peg taps from time to time and some feeble grinds around the local park. It is a great deal for my budget, because i was going to lace it to a GSport Rim. Also I heard that Kink's warranty is pretty good, just in case if I do break it.

|

5/9/2016 8:13 PM

GSquared wrote:

I don't grind too much, I do a couple peg taps from time to time and some feeble grinds around the local park. It is a great ...more

You should be fine then, the only thing I could see being an issue was if you grind a lot then you'd bend the bolts over a shorter period of time than if it were a 14mm male or 14mm female axle. Light grinding should be okay.

|

5/10/2016 7:18 AM

Heads up before you order it make sure you also have pegs with a 3/8" hole or a 3/8" adapter.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

5/10/2016 11:52 AM

Ive built this up. Hub is solid and very smooth. Will take all peg abuse you can give it despite having 3/8th bolts. Its strong and very reliable. The mark down price makes it even more amazing. Highly recommend!

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

5/10/2016 8:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/10/2016 8:26 PM

With the rapid decrease in price and all, I seriously thought this hub was going to be just as bad as the Viridian V1 and V2 front hub due to no one buying it, etc. The Kink Viridian hubs were the worst hubs I've ever ridden in my entire riding life, apart from the older Demolition rear hubs, which were somewhat better. The poor press-fit design on some hubs is astounding. Crushed bearings are nothing to be messing with.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

5/10/2016 9:58 PM

I didn't like mine. It rode fine but being able to take the hub apart bare handed was stupid. Such a hassle so I just fire sold it. Felt good though.

I don't ride pegs but occasionally do pegless grinds.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

5/20/2016 2:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/20/2016 2:45 PM

Update post: I have owned it for two days and I have ridden it once. So far I broke it just by changing a flat tire. Once I put my wheel back on, it wouldn't even engage; it feels like an infinite tight spot in my chain. Unless you put a lot of force into it, it barely rotates. I can definitely hope at this point that the KINK warranty is good.

|

5/20/2016 4:16 PM

GSquared wrote:

Update post: I have owned it for two days and I have ridden it once. So far I broke it just by changing a flat tire. Once I ...more

That sucks, send it back for sure. Im liking mine so far

|

5/20/2016 6:44 PM

GSquared wrote:

Update post: I have owned it for two days and I have ridden it once. So far I broke it just by changing a flat tire. Once I ...more

Sounds like your drive is being compressed too hard. Loosen the drive cone (if it is thread on) a TINY bit. If press on, pull the driver and make sure there is nothing wrong with it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/3/2018 12:29 PM

Just so you know you can put bearings in them. You have to know how to measure them so you use the right ones...but you can do it

|

6/3/2018 1:05 PM

Gack2000 wrote:

Just so you know you can put bearings in them. You have to know how to measure them so you use the right ones...but you can do ...more

It's a two year old thread, I doubt he is having the same trouble.

|

Hmmm

6/3/2018 3:33 PM

Dead thread for sure BUT

14mm Hollow Male Axle Revamp anyone??? I've never had an issue with mine with pegs in the female version, that was with full guards and 2 plastics without issue, ***I used longer bolts and extra dropout spacers*** (Includes drop to feeble grinds too.....) I only have engagement skips once in a while when I rode 28/8 with a Supreme Chain.

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin