Kink Senec Pedals (update)

Related:
Create New Tag

4/7/2014 9:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/24/2014 10:20 AM

Before i spend my ill-earned money I was hoping to hear from some people who have these pedals. I use odsy twisteds at the moment but at the rate i've been wearing down my right pedal i thought it might be a good idea to go with pedals that allow me to replace the bodies. These pedals seem cool since you can by one body at a time for $5.

opinions please...

UPDATE: so i bought these pedals. they grip well. however, they feel strange when i have all of my weight on them, kinda like my weight is not allowing them to move on the spindle and it feels weird. hard to explain. seeing as how they are bushing pedals, it makes sense to grease the spindle to help the spin. anybody else experience this with these or any other bushing pedals (BPE, JCPC, etc)? Should regular lithium grease work?

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

4/7/2014 10:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/7/2014 10:11 AM

Don't waste your money, get some metal pedals , they outlast plastic and save you money in the long run....on another note plastics are for pussies

|

4/7/2014 10:08 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Don't waste your money, get some metal pedals , they outlast plastic and save you money in the long run....on another note ...more

A Pair of fly pcs are 17€, a pair of metal rubens are 95€., so it cost 5.6x. I have been running the same fly pics pedals for 2 years. That means that the metal versión should last more than 11years to be worth, if we break a pair of pedals every 2 years. (I am taking spanish prices.) so that might not be that worth.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/7/2014 10:12 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Don't waste your money, get some metal pedals , they outlast plastic and save you money in the long run....on another note ...more

I have premium alloy slims that i love except that they slide like shit on a lot of surfaces.

before anybody suggests the jcpcs, i'm not interested in those.

|

Instagram
bike check

4/7/2014 10:14 AM

eskimojay wrote:

i saw you had to edit in the "plastics are for pussies" part. so i guess i'm a pussy -___- i wish i could be a badass like you....

|

Instagram
bike check

4/7/2014 1:45 PM

a friend of mine has them and i've been riding with him a lot lately. he seems to like them a lot and so did i when i rode his bike. it looks like they come loose every now and then but you can just tighten them up with a rachet. other than that i think they're pretty good. just use one side for grinds and keep the pins on the other side fresh.

i'd still prefer metals tho lol. just take the pins out on the side you grind on.

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

4/7/2014 2:16 PM

tr1x wrote:

a friend of mine has them and i've been riding with him a lot lately. he seems to like them a lot and so did i when i rode his ...more

thanks. i tried taking the pins out of one side of my premium metals and they slid okay on metal but thats about it. with plastics i can slide on unwaxed concrete.

|

Instagram
bike check

4/7/2014 2:32 PM

If they're anything like the Animal BPEs, they'll probably come loose a lot due to the design. But looking at the Kink pedals, they have a nut in between where the crank arm is & the pedal body instead of just a spacer, so that might keep it tight. I know my friend had the Animals & even after putting loc-tite on them, they would always come loose frequently.

Another thing I foresee being a problem with the Kink pedals is due to the system it uses, if you fuck up the end of the pedal where the ratchet would go to tighten it, the plastic will deform (especially quick if you pedal grind) and cause drag on the pedal. Not that big of a deal until it gets really bad to the point where you can feel it while pedaling.

|

4/7/2014 5:49 PM

ticaleb wrote:

I have premium alloy slims that i love except that they slide like shit on a lot of surfaces.

before anybody suggests the ...more

Yeah jcpcs aren't that great. I don't like mine

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

4/7/2014 5:53 PM

I officially join ohian and the other metal users. Metal or nothing. Look into azonic pedals.

|

4/7/2014 6:14 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

I officially join ohian and the other metal users. Metal or nothing. Look into azonic pedals.

Ya know, i bet if you owed people money and were broke and someone stole you pedals and you didn't have extras, if i offered you my extra plastics for free you would ride them.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

4/7/2014 6:36 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Ya know, i bet if you owed people money and were broke and someone stole you pedals and you didn't have extras, if i offered ...more

I would. I'm just expressing how much I like metal. I am stuck with plastic pedals actually in a similar situation. I spent money on my charity bikes and am lending my metal pedals to a friend who was running odsy twisted pedals with no pins. My plastic pedals are practically new so I let him use my primos.

|

4/7/2014 6:58 PM

jcpc

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

4/7/2014 7:29 PM

i don't like them. I feel like they tried too hard to and made a simple design complicated. just buy some premium slims wink

|

Refs: 360Xuprider, Hatebreeder, MrHavoc1988

Email: Shanebaker6969@yahoo.com

!!!My Bike Check!!!

4/7/2014 7:36 PM

Icant180 wrote:

i don't like them. I feel like they tried too hard to and made a simple design complicated. just buy some premium slims wink

It's simpler than a regular plastic pedal...

|

4/7/2014 7:45 PM

Icant180 wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

It's simpler than a regular plastic pedal...

not as simple as my premiums, or the Animal BPE's i've had. you have to tighten them a certain way or else the nut gets tightened as well making the pedal not spin, then when you go to loosen it the pedal usually comes loose too, at least from my friends experience. Animal BPE is as simple as it gets though

|

!!!My Bike Check!!!

4/7/2014 7:53 PM

Icant180 wrote:

not as simple as my premiums, or the Animal BPE's i've had. you have to tighten them a certain way or else the nut gets ...more

if only the replacement bodies didn't cost more than a pair of jcpcs

|

Instagram
bike check

4/7/2014 9:07 PM

Premium plastics are shit
Odyssey Twisteds are the best PC pedals to date

I'd try JCPC or go metal

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/7/2014 9:27 PM

holy fuck you guys are annoying sometimes.

|

Instagram
bike check

4/8/2014 12:31 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I'd try JCPC or go metal

Odyssey Twisteds are better than Premiums? You've got to be joking.

|

4/8/2014 12:37 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

the Premium slim pedals have been known to crack pretty easily.. Otherwise, they're pretty good pedals.

..but I definitely do not think Odyssey Twisteds are the best pedals to date though.

|

4/8/2014 12:39 AM

stolen thermalite is nicely grippy, and large surface

|

4/8/2014 12:50 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I'd try JCPC or go metal

BMX_Forever wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

the Premium slim pedals have been known to crack pretty easily.. Otherwise, they're pretty good pedals.

..but I definitely do ...more

I know they made/make clear and sort of translucent black Premium slims, and clear/translucent pedals tend to break easier, maybe that's why? Everyone I know who has had them had the ordinary black ones and they held up fine.

|

4/8/2014 7:01 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

I know they made/make clear and sort of translucent black Premium slims, and clear/translucent pedals tend to break easier, ...more

fucking hated my twisteds, always pedal slipped. my clear premiums are holding up so far and i've been bashing them quite a bit learning wallrides.
http://www.albes.com/premiumslimpcpedals.aspx

Photo

|

!!!My Bike Check!!!

4/8/2014 7:47 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

I know they made/make clear and sort of translucent black Premium slims, and clear/translucent pedals tend to break easier, ...more

Icant180 wrote:

fucking hated my twisteds, always pedal slipped. my clear premiums are holding up so far and i've been bashing them quite a ...more

Twisted pedals new are really nice. But they don't grip as well as the premium slims. But like most plastic pedals, after six months of heavy riding (as in EVERY DAY) they lose souch grip. The design is simple and I like em.

|

4/8/2014 10:09 AM

Conner Keating, the kid in this video with the crank slides runs the kink senec's and loves them. they seem strong as fuck.
|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

4/8/2014 11:03 AM

thanks Blake

|

Instagram
bike check

4/8/2014 11:06 AM

biggybuggy wrote:

Twisted pedals new are really nice. But they don't grip as well as the premium slims. But like most plastic pedals, after six ...more

I ride every day and after almost 2 years my rubens still grip. Good pedals there.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/8/2014 12:28 PM

ticaleb wrote:

thanks Blake

I would suggest JCPC's but you already said no, so kink senec are the next best option.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

4/8/2014 1:18 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

I would suggest JCPC's but you already said no, so kink senec are the next best option.

I'm just gonna get em and see. I got $25 credit at Dan's cus my handjobs are the best

|

Instagram
bike check