Know anything about Ezra Freecoasters anyone?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/2/2014 1:25 PM

Hey guys,

I was wondering what advice/feedback you could give me about the Ezra Freecoaster hubs and if they are any good?

Thanks!

Jack

|

1/2/2014 1:27 PM

two of my friends have them , and another has one of the prototypes and from messing around on their bikes they seem good to me, no real problems

|

1/2/2014 1:29 PM

Ah sweet, apparently they are the best out there?

|

1/2/2014 1:39 PM

I would wait for the Eclat Blind Coaster, if you can afford one. If not i would go with the Ezra. But i heard the slack disc could break, because its made out of plastic. but if you are not to hard on it, it should last.

|

Instagram: @bjoernkrg

1/2/2014 3:23 PM

So hard street use isn't really for the Ezra hubs? and the Ezra is on sale at the moment haha I'm not keen spending £170 on a Eclat Coaster :/

|

1/2/2014 3:27 PM

We've had a couple guys around here riding them with no problems but it is a new hub so it's hard to say at this point. I figure after this season we'll have enough feedback to really know how the Ezra holds up. It seems like a well built hub though.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

1/2/2014 3:49 PM

DugDug wrote:

So hard street use isn't really for the Ezra hubs? and the Ezra is on sale at the moment haha I'm not keen spending £170 on a Eclat Coaster :/

it should take the impacts and the grind abuse, i don't own a ezra coaster, but i think if you can ride well and halfcab without pedal pressure it will be ok. and even if it breaks, what can happen to any product, you can still order the slack disc and replace the old one wink I would go for the ezra, so i would go for it!!

|

1/2/2014 3:55 PM

DugDug wrote:

bjoernkrg wrote:

it should take the impacts and the grind abuse, i don't own a ezra coaster, but i think if you can ride well and halfcab without pedal pressure it will be ok. and even if it breaks, what can happen to any product, you can still order the slack disc and replace the old one wink I would go for the ezra, so i would go for it!!

Thanks dude, i think the Ezra will be my next purchase! :D and i used to ride no chain for a while and i mastered the 'no pedal pressure' and all that jazz, thanks dude! smile

|

1/2/2014 5:55 PM

Been running one since October. THE BEST Freecoaster I have EVER owned! I am REALLY NOT a fan of KHE Styled Freecoasters! The Eclat Blind WILL be the Hub to go for when it is released BUT That might not be until October!!! The EZRA will be Your best bet until the Blind Drops! I have ridden Flatland Exclusively on Mine however, I cannot comment on it's Street Capabilities! It Disengages Quickly, Re-Engages SUPER Smooth! I LOVE Mine!

|

1/2/2014 6:09 PM

I want one to replace my Odyssey Reloader pretty bad. Haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/2/2014 9:23 PM

i ride one and dont like it much, ive replaced bearings already and it still engages in reverse 90% of the time. but it seems like im the only one thats been having that problem. i have one of the first batches that came out

|

http://grouphomebikes.com/

5050 Skatepark

text me for faster response 646 two four nine 2552

1/3/2014 5:36 AM

Dude... Seems like you don't understand how freecoasters work. If it engages while rolling backwards you've moved your cranks too much. Just get one of those slack discs with more slack and you'll be fine.

|

1/3/2014 5:55 AM

B(avaria)mx wrote:

Dude... Seems like you don't understand how freecoasters work. If it engages while rolling backwards you've moved your cranks too much. Just get one of those slack discs with more slack and you'll be fine.

^this
hate see people complaining about freecoasters engaging when it's their own fault (most of the time).

|