LFF Goofy rider.. 180 bars?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/22/2021 2:51 PM

So, I'm getting the hang of barspins but I eventually want to start sending 180 bars. Problem is I'm LFF and spin to my left. I guess that's what's considered goofy? I throw bars with my left hand toward my front foot but people been telling it's basically impossible to do any spins while barspinning if I don't start throwing them oppo. Any goofy riders out there that can 180 bar spinning and throwing toward their front foot? Is it really that much harder? Cause in my head when I think of doing the trick. I can see how it can be a little more difficult but not damn near impossible like people have been telling me. Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

|

2/22/2021 3:14 PM

It can be done, just weird as fuck.
You are doing 1 and half barspin instead of just a half one, but mostly, physics just don’t like this move.

|

2/22/2021 4:13 PM

I throw with my right and spin right so kinda in the same boat as you. I’d rather switch 180 instead of switch bar

|

smile

2/22/2021 4:50 PM

I'm right foot forward, spin right, and throw them with my right hand clockwise... they're stupid hard so I prefer doing the spin opposite personally. I've done regular trucks into a foam pit but I couldn't imagine ever actually trying one on a real ramp because of how odd they feel. Weirdly enough I can half cab bar completely regular too and they almost feel fine, but doing them in a normal 180 just feels like everything's working against it from happening.

So, while it's not impossible, it's just really awkward feeling. maybe when you get better at them it'll feel better, but for me, if I wanna do a 180 bar, I just do my opposite spin.

|

2/22/2021 7:38 PM

PastaIsLitty wrote:

I throw with my right and spin right so kinda in the same boat as you. I’d rather switch 180 instead of switch bar

Oppo, not switch

|

2/22/2021 10:34 PM

.pegless. wrote:

Oppo, not switch

Switch sounds cooler 😎

|

smile

2/22/2021 10:40 PM

Opposwitch.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

2/23/2021 12:23 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I'm right foot forward, spin right, and throw them with my right hand clockwise... they're stupid hard so I prefer doing the ...more

Dude we’re in the same boat. I’m right foot forward, spin right, throw bars clockwise with my right hand.

I learned oppo 180’s just do my 180 bars would look good. It’s the only way I’ll ever do them. Never done my regular 180 with a bar spin, it would just look so ugly.

Spin left, throw right.

Spin right, throw left.

|

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen

2/23/2021 1:03 AM

PastaIsLitty wrote:

yep. im the same as you and i do all my rotational bars oppo as oppo spin is easier than oppo bar imo.

|

2/23/2021 7:24 AM

I’m shit footed as well but RFF I learned to jus fix the I spin because it’s easier than trying to do switch bars.

|

2/23/2021 8:56 AM

Learn to bar both ways, learn to spin both ways. WRECK EVERYONE in a game of BIKE with all that opposite 180 switch bar craziness.

I actually learned bars right hand throw (I am left foot forward and spin right most comfortably). I hop right hand throw most commonly. I started to do manual/pull up bars with my left hand, then fired em off up a flyout and into tire taps to get them figured out.

I can bar both ways, and spin both ways. On a good day, 180 bar both ways.

I want to get trucks dialed again and try to work on opposite trucks this year.

So practice.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/26/2021 5:26 PM

adrianreciiiio wrote:

I’m shit footed as well but RFF I learned to jus fix the I spin because it’s easier than trying to do switch bars.

I can 180 both ways but it just never feels right spinning toward my right.How long did it take you to feel comfortable and really get spinning oppo dialed? My biggest issue is getting advice from experienced riders, let alone experienced riders that are goofy footed..

|