Related:
Create New Tag
ConspiracyStepUp ConspiracyStepUp
3/28/2007 1:13 PM

fellas fellas fellas, im not that retarded. i know i cant just switch the hubs around. lemme clear things up. i got a 13t LHD FREEWHEEL. but the CRANKS that i bought are labeled as 'compatible as RHD' does that mean that the CRANKS are only RHD? or can i just make the CRANKS LHD? cuz whats the difference, its the sprocket that moves not the actual cranks that get switched. cuz im switching from RHD to LHD. i didnt want to change the hub. i got a flip flop hub anyway, and i got two freewheels installed on both sides. i just want to know what does it mean that the CRANKS are 'compatible as RHD' im not asking about the hubs boys, im asking about the eastern 720 CRANKS!

Post edited by: ConspiracyStepUp, at: 3/29/2007 2:43 AM

Post edited by: ConspiracyStepUp, at: 3/29/2007 2:44 AM

ridebicycles ridebicycles
3/28/2007 4:21 PM

the cranks should be able to go rhd but i am not sure about the hub you may have to get a new one in RHD.

joe rides bicycles joe rides bicycles
3/28/2007 6:43 PM
ridebicycles wrote:

the cranks should be able ...more

you cant switch it cause it don't work that way, its made to be either rhd or lhd. and you cant switch the hubs cause then when you pedal you wont go nowhere

3/28/2007 7:42 PM
ridebicycles wrote:

joe rides bicycles wrote:

you cant switch it cause ...more

you cant switch it cause it don't work that way, its made to be either rhd or lhd. and you cant switch the hubs cause then when you pedal you wont go nowhere

fellas fellas fellas, im not that retarded. i know i cant just switch the hubs around. lemme clear things up. i got a 13t LHD FREEWHEEL. but the CRANKS that i bought are labeled as 'compatible as RHD' does that mean that the CRANKS are only RHD? or can i just make the CRANKS LHD? cuz whats the difference, its the sprocket that moves not the actual cranks that get switched. cuz im switching from RHD to LHD. i didnt want to change the hub. i got a flip flop hub anyway, and i got two freewheels installed on both sides. i just want to know what does it mean that the CRANKS are 'compatible as RHD' im not asking about the hubs boys, im asking about the eastern 720 CRANKS!
GMGuinn GMGuinn
3/28/2007 8:28 PM
ridebicycles wrote:

ConspiracyStepUp wrote: joe rides bicycles wrote:
...more

Well, to even attempt to use RHD cranks on the left side, you would have to move the cranks, as it were. There's a sprocket boss on the crank arm that feeds through the sprocket itself, ensuring the cranks just don't spin around doing nothing when they're under load.

If you wanted to put your sprocket on the left side, the arm with the sprocket boss has to go with it. However, right-hand drive cranks are just that. Right-hand drive.

On LHD-compatible cranks there is a sprocket boss on both crank arms, allowing you to run the sprocket on either side.

Do something phenomenally unprecedented: get some RHD/LHD cranks and run a sprocket on both sides and freeweels on both sides so you can drive both sides of the wheel. That would be killer. Make sure the gearings are the same or at the very least share an identical ratio.

Let me know how the upgrade to SSD goes. That's my new term for the 2 freewheel/2 sprocket drivetrain that I just invented. It stands for Synchronous Symmetric Drive.

3/29/2007 6:23 AM

...more
GMGuinn wrote:

Well, to even attempt to ...more

or if you can make a custom hole on your left crank arm and feed the sporcket bolt through it to keep your sprocket tight on your crank set

humbleSage humbleSage
3/29/2007 8:38 AM

Yeah... These boys are right. If you flip around the cranks your pedals will unscrew themselves too. That's never cool.

Gary
MirraCo Fivestar Park
Trails/Street/Park
Ride Customizer For Hire

humbleSage humbleSage
3/29/2007 8:39 AM

Yeah... These boys are right. If you flip around the cranks your pedals will unscrew themselves too. That's never cool.

Gary
MirraCo Fivestar Park
Trails/Street/Park
Ride Customizer For Hire

3/29/2007 1:23 PM

yeah i was thinking about going BOTH LHD AND RHD. lol. but yeah good point aobut the pedals unscrewing themselves. but some loctite and snugging them tightly should be good. im jsut praying that my cranks are also LHD cuz i already got my freewheel and the cranks are on their way.

GMGuinn GMGuinn
3/29/2007 3:13 PM
ConspiracyStepUp wrote:

yeah i was thinking about ...more

Methinks those 720's are RHD-only. Try the Loctite thing though. I'd like to see how that pans out.

moshbmxr69 moshbmxr69
3/30/2007 4:24 AM
ConspiracyStepUp wrote:

GMGuinn wrote:

Methinks those 720's are ...more

mabe u could use the idea with the custom hole i might try that when i go lhd

GMGuinn GMGuinn
3/30/2007 5:29 AM
ConspiracyStepUp wrote:

GMGuinn wrote:

moshbmxr69 wrote:

mabe u could use the idea ...more

I doubt that would work for very long. Sprocket bosses are put on crank arms for a reason.

3/30/2007 6:26 AM
GMGuinn wrote:

moshbmxr69 wrote:

GMGuinn wrote:

I doubt that would work ...more

dont use loctite on pedal threads, you might not be able to take the pedals off ever again

3/30/2007 7:03 AM
moshbmxr69 wrote:

GMGuinn wrote:

dont use loctite on pedal ...more

dont use loctite on pedal threads, you might not be able to take the pedals off ever again

loctite isnt made to super glue the threads bro. its made to hold it tight so that only a wrench can take it off. cuz i have used loctite before.
3/30/2007 5:54 PM
GMGuinn wrote:

...more

if you use the wrong one it will most likely stick on it good. but it could lock up cause a lot of times pedals do tend to lock into the crank arm after a while

3/30/2007 10:48 PM

...more

if you use the wrong one ...more

if you use the wrong one it will most likely stick on it good. but it could lock up cause a lot of times pedals do tend to lock into the crank arm after a while

i know where youre coming from. now watch this, a mixture, of loctite + antisieze. oh yeah. im on fire.devil haha.
3/31/2007 5:17 AM
...more

...more

i use antiseize on my pedals. its nice cause now i can take my pedals off very easily without worry about them locking on

3/31/2007 11:40 AM

...more

i use antiseize on my ...more

yupp, thats what im talking bout. loctite to hold it down, and antiseize to keep it from seizing together.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP