LHD help!

Related:
Create New Tag

6/1/2008 7:31 AM

Ok I feel more comfortable grinding on the right side but my sprocket and chain are on the right side and don't feel like destroying them for I am just beginning grinding. So my question is how to you get the sprocket and chain onto the left side how do you make your bike LHD. I have a 2007 mirraco black pearl 3 and Im not sure what kind of hub I have. If I need a new hub (LHD compatible or w/e) what else do I need and would it be cheaper just to get a new complete wheel rather then getting a hub and having it re-laced. If anyone can show me what options I have and pics or links to the hubs or w/e else I need that would be great. Also I eventually want to get a smaller sprocket (25t) how will that effect it.

Thanks

|

6/1/2008 8:15 AM

u need to see if your cranks will work on the left side u will need a new hub you may find a cheaper complete wheel but hand laced is much much better and easier to get wat u want and for a 25t you want a 9t cassette so depending on wat u have now u may just want to buy the 25t with the wheel

|

LIVE HARD, RIDE HARD, DIE HARD

no brakes 4 pegs... streets all day

6/1/2008 10:05 AM

How do i know if the cranks will work on the left side? And your saying I should find a wheel that has a 9t cassette and also buy the 25t sprocket? any suggestions on the wheel? Thanks for the help. I think i live like 30 minutes from you

|

6/1/2008 11:10 AM

u kno i had the same problem i ride LHD now and umm u have to check if the left crank arm has a bore hole were u put the bolt that tightens the sprocket and if u have a fli-flophub u can switch drivers if not u need a new hub thats LHD and u should ride 27 and 9 its better idk but it is lol

|

6/1/2008 11:21 AM

the eastern birectional wheel is compatible with RHD and LHD and its 2 lbs 14.8 oz and 140 dollars but u know how everyone hates on eastern so u might look for somethin else

|

go ride a bike

6/1/2008 12:49 PM

lulu4bmx wrote:

u kno i had the same problem i ride LHD now and umm u have to check if the left crank arm has a bore hole were u put the bolt that tightens the sprocket and if u have a fli-flophub u can switch drivers if not u need a new hub thats LHD and u should ride 27 and 9 its better idk but it is lol

How do you know if the hub is flip-flop and can u give me links or names of some LHD hubs but I think its cheaper just to get a whole new wheel with a LHD hub so I don't have to get it laced.

|

6/1/2008 12:50 PM

easternrider21 wrote:

the eastern birectional wheel is compatible with RHD and LHD and its 2 lbs 14.8 oz and 140 dollars but u know how everyone hates on eastern so u might look for somethin else

I never rode an eastern so I don't know. I wouldn't hate on something I never used. I'll check it out.

|

6/1/2008 12:52 PM

well theres either that or the proper which is more i think but lighter and better quality maybe i know a lot of ppl have that wheel and its got an LHD but it has a 10t driver which means you could only run a 28t sprocket but some ppl just put 25s on it and it makes the pedaling a little easier and theres also the demoliton but its almost 200 bucks

|

go ride a bike

6/1/2008 3:19 PM

dude.. u only have to change ur driver for one on the left.. and of coarse change your sproket to the other side xD

|

6/1/2008 3:41 PM

yea..most cranks have the holes to attach the sprocket on both sides but if its a complete idk but check for that.. and just watch a video on how to assemble cranks.. with the wheel you could just get a left hand driver and replace the one you have or just get a new LHD cassette and see if your local shop will lace it up for you

|

blind eyes could look at me and see the truth

6/1/2008 4:21 PM

easternrider21 wrote:

Twrecks wrote:

I never rode an eastern so I don't know. I wouldn't hate on something I never used. I'll check it out.

do not buy that wheel i have it n it sux u said ur 30 mins from me ill give it to u for 50 bucks it justr needs to be trued

|

LIVE HARD, RIDE HARD, DIE HARD

no brakes 4 pegs... streets all day

6/1/2008 5:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 4:19 PM

easternrider21 wrote:

well theres either that or the proper which is more i think but lighter and better quality maybe i know a lot of ppl have that wheel and its got an LHD but it has a 10t driver which means you could only run a 28t sprocket but some ppl just put 25s on it and it makes the pedaling a little easier and theres also the demoliton but its almost 200 bucks

So i guess there aren't to many LHD hubs. For the proper can I just buy a 9t driver or would that not work or for that price I might as well get the demolition.

Also are these the wheels your talking about:

proper- http://www.danscomp.com/...402106.php?cat=PARTS

demolition- http://www.danscomp.com/...401056.php?cat=PARTS

|

6/1/2008 5:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/2/2008 7:12 AM

rafa182 wrote:

dude.. u only have to change ur driver for one on the left.. and of coarse change your sproket to the other side xD

what if my hub is not reversible then I can't just change the driver right? Me confused.

|