LHD to RHD

Related:
Create New Tag

3/14/2014 9:30 PM

If I'm right foot forward do i need an Left Hand Drive bike so i dont break my chain when grinding?... Can any bike be changed to LHD? and if not what are good LHD bikes

|

3/14/2014 9:35 PM

Just because you're right foot forward, doesn't mean you will grind on the right. You'll probably need to ride a friend's bike & see which side you feel better hopping onto, or do you have a bike now? Try hopping onto a ledge from the side & see which way you feel better hopping on.

Also, do you need a new bike or just need LHD? Because you can get LHD or switchable hubs

|

3/14/2014 9:41 PM

Any bike can be switched, but you need LHD compatible cranks and rear hub. If you are buying a new complete and you know you will grind on the right then definitely look for one that is LHD.

If you are still new and are unsure, just grab a drive side hub guard and you will be ok to grind on the right side of your bike. You may break a chain or a sprocket, but if you do then you can upgrade those parts and get something stronger.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

3/14/2014 9:42 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Just because you're right foot forward, doesn't mean you will grind on the right. You'll probably need to ride a friend's bike & see which side you feel better hopping onto, or do you have a bike now? Try hopping onto a ledge from the side & see which way you feel better hopping on.

Also, do you need a new bike or just need LHD? Because you can get LHD or switchable hubs

i have a bike atm and i feel more comfortable grinding on the right side... i need a bigger bike but i was gonna start by getting new bars and stem to make it alittle bigger and i need new tires and some spokes.

|

3/14/2014 9:46 PM

Start by getting a drive side hub guard if you are doing any grinds on the right side. Seriously. One good impact to your driver can turn your bike in to a fix gear. dizzy

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

3/14/2014 9:48 PM

What bike do you have now? And what price range do you have for a new bike? There's quite a few companies offering LHD option bikes now

|

3/14/2014 9:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/14/2014 9:51 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

What bike do you have now? And what price range do you have for a new bike? There's quite a few companies offering LHD option bikes now

i have a fit tech 2.5 and i need a bike with 21' long frame and big bars for around $500 (Im 6ft tall and mainly ride park)

|

3/14/2014 9:53 PM

PEGS ON THE SIDE OF BIKE = SPOCKET/DRIVE ON OTHER SIDE

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/15/2014 3:18 AM

how often do you grind the only reason you go to the left is because you grind the right and want to save chains and sprocket

|

ride or die