**LONG READ** Getting closer. What tweaks should I make, the weights and prices on this is included.

Related:
Create New Tag

5/20/2014 4:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/20/2014 4:33 AM

So I am getting close to pinpointing each part I want to build up to make a new bike, I will be using parts I already own, as well as the stuff I will buy new to keep cost and unnecessary quantities of parts laying around. SO onto it !!!

Pics of a general idea on how it should look are at the bottom of this post.

Anything in BOLD, are things I OWN already. Also, I am only adding prices to what I want to get, of course. The only tweak I will not make, is for the FORKS, I actually really like the Elite's

Alright so starting with the frame, I want something that is responsive, so I went with this as my frame.
-Fit WIFI (20.75) (Matte Black) (5 lbs) $200

As for the rest.
Headset: Odyssey Pro Integrated (Polished) (2 oz) $26.99
Forks: Demolition Elite (Black) (27.8 oz)
Stem: Colony Squareback Top Load (Black) (10.4 oz)
Bars: Fit Highs (Chrome) (8" Rise) (27.2 oz) (10mm of spacers, 8 inches of rise, 36mm of stem rise, equals 9.81102")
Grips: Shadow 138 (Black) $10.99
Barends: Shadow Deadbolts (Polished) (1.6 oz) $14.99
Seat: United Beacon XL Pivotal (Black) (11.4 oz) $24.99
Seat Post: Shadow Pivotal (Polished) (3.5 oz) $28.99
Bottom Bracket: 22mm MID Shadow Corvus (Polished) $24.99
Cranks: Animal Akimbo 175mm (Chrome) (33.1 oz) $154.99
Pedals: Eclat Slash PC (Black) (13.9 oz) $18.99
Sprocket: Tree OG (Black) (28 Tooth) (3 oz Approx.) $46.99
Chain: KMC 710-SL (Silver) (8.9 oz Approx.) $25.99
Front Tire: Odyssey Hawk P-Lyte (2.4") (23.4 oz) $28.99
Rear Tire: Odyssey Hawk P-Lyte (2.4") (23.4 oz) $28.99
Front Rim: Odyssey Aerospace (Chrome) (16.1 oz) $67.99
Rear Rim: Odyssey Aerospace (Chrome) (16.1 oz) $67.99
Spokes: Shadow 14g (Black) (14.10 oz F&R Approx.) $21.60 - $34.56 ($0.30 - $0.48)
Front Hub: Shadow Rant (Black.... Painted) (8.4 oz)
Rear Hub: Federal v2 FC (10T RHD) (Black) (24 oz Approx.)
Pegs: Fit OG (Silver) (10.14 oz - Pair, 100mm Length) $27.98 (Pair)

Weight: 23.0525 LBS (23 LBS 0.84 OZ) (Weight is approximate)
Complete cost, no shipping: $822.44 - $835.40

So it is a fairly light bike, I included the weight like I do every time I add parts together, mainly because it is fun to figure out, and it gets me an idea on what I should expect in terms of lightness and how I could imagine a different feel compared to whichever is my current bike.

Photo

Photo

SO, LASTLY, should I make some tweaks here and there, if YES then, what should it be? I know I will get hated on for not getting rid of the Elite Forks and not getting Odyssey R-25/35 Forks. But oh well.

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

5/20/2014 6:32 AM

First, i wouldnt get the bar ends.
2nd, id get eclat tibias over those.
3rd, id get hazard lites.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

5/20/2014 7:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/20/2014 8:22 AM

Fit Indent 24mm (3-pc version) with the Demolition Merit bolt drive sprocket will save you $16. Weight would be ~34.4oz combined (without bottom bracket), saving you a whopping ~1.7oz.

I agree with T-rider. No real need for the barends IMO.

Other than the fact I don't like how the Aerospace rims look, there's nothing wrong with those. I'd get the Shadow Corvus though. Added savings $6. But your weight goes up 0.1oz.

|

5/20/2014 7:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/20/2014 8:00 AM

Fondue wrote:

Fit Indent 24mm (3-pc version) with the Demolition Merit bolt drive sprocket will save you $16. Weight would be ~34.4oz ...more

I was not complaining about keeping a super light bike. My current bike is 26-27 lbs. I did originally want chrome tibias and still do. I guess you guys are right about the bar ends. Don't really need 'em

The Aerospace Rims seemed like a good choice because Odyssey is a good company. But I will give some thought for the Corvus Rims

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

5/20/2014 8:23 AM

Hey, I wasn't giving you a hard time about weight. Just did the math for you in case you were interested.
=)

|

5/20/2014 8:26 AM

Fondue wrote:

Hey, I wasn't giving you a hard time about weight. Just did the math for you in case you were interested.
=)

Oh. Haha alright

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

5/20/2014 8:59 AM

Fit indent 24 mm with SD key or Eclat Channel.
My two cents.

|

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

5/20/2014 10:20 AM

Ditch all the weight weenie parts and youre golden...
I personally wouldnt run an Aerospace rear, id throw a 7ka back there with the Aerospace front.
Shadow spokes are doo doo.
A hollow link chain? Get outta here. KMC 410H, Fly Tractor, or Odyssey Keychain
Bar ends are dumb. I see absolutely no purpose in metal bar ends. Get Odyssey Par-Ends if you want something that won't fall apart.
The cranks should be solid but you cant go wrong with Fit 24s either as said above. I would wait for the 2pc bossless version and get a Fit Key/Keyguard SD.
I would recommend trying a different frame. Wifis are soooo damn trendy and theyre honestly nothing special- though they are strong. I really like my United Dinero and prefer it over the Wifi because of the lower standover, investment cast 6mm dropouts, and gyro tabs. I would definitely run a Sunday Broadcaster aswell. I REALLY like the Volume Cerberus, it would be my first choice.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

5/20/2014 10:40 AM

Those 2-pc Indent 24mm SD's and Keys are out now.

|

5/20/2014 10:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/20/2014 10:44 AM

i would recommend odyssey bluebird chain, odyssey or DT swiss spokes

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

5/20/2014 10:46 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Ditch all the weight weenie parts and youre golden...
I personally wouldnt run an Aerospace rear, id throw a 7ka back there ...more

I have the same chain I listed on my bike right now. It is a super strong chain. As for the WiFi. I am getting it for 200 from my LBS. I honestly want the Total Killabee Frame though but the Total frame costs $339.99
75.5* HTA
12.9 - 13.3 CS
20.7 TT (What I am getting)
11.75 BB
7.5 ST

BUT the Broadcaster is an AMAZING choice for me as well. But do not want a 21 inch TT. There might be a 20.75 available on Dan's. But that is obviously not the only place with a Broadcaster. I could probably do Hazard Lites / 7ka's but G sports seem nice too.

Like I said. Coming close to what I want to get.

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

5/20/2014 1:50 PM

the sunday broadcaster is 200 on dans! just thought id throw that out there

|

5/20/2014 1:54 PM

sunny.noble wrote:

the sunday broadcaster is 200 on dans! just thought id throw that out there

It's not? Photo

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

5/20/2014 11:37 PM

RIMS--I would definitly go with a hazard or 7KA on the REAR. Aero should be alright on the FRONT. For the spokes I would just go with basic Sapim spokes with brass nipples.

PEDALS--The Wellgo MG-52's are nice. There Magnesium and SEALED. $39.00 wich is good for SEALED pedals. Replacable Pins. PC pedals just break to easy.

CRANKS--I would never ride anything but PROFILES. and if your want bombproof, get the Profile Columns, theyre burly and have a 22mm spindle. But I still like the Profile GDH Spline Drives, they are lighter.

SPROCKET--The Medera Helm is pretty solid. I also have the Shadow Motus which looks sweet and runs good with the interlock chain. Wich I NEVER have had a problem with since the V2 came out. Cant wait for the Interlock Supreme, best chain period.

BARENDS--I have the Shadow Deadbolts and I really like them. dont let anyone tell you that you dont need barends. the keep your bars from getting beat up. They also serve a SAFTEY purpose. anyone who says barends are pointles has never been gutted or stabbed in the leg by them. Ive taken a bar end to the sternum once, It would of really sucked without the barends on.

TIRES--For tires i try not to go with anything over 19-20oz. Rotating weight makes a HUGE difference.

BOTTOM BRACKET-- I have the Subrosa Bitchin and I love the way it looks.

SEAT POST-- If you want to save money I would just get the Poverty Alloy, I think they only have black but they are just as strong as any other and you can also cut the post down to them length you want. but THAT weight wont make a difference.

|

5/21/2014 5:31 AM

I'd just get this if I was spending as much as you. Sends pretty solid out the box.

http://www.empirebmx.com/sunday-soundwave-special-2014

|

It’s all bmx