Lacey or Benny for me…hmm?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/12/2012 12:14 PM

I'm 6'1" and über frail. I like to do basic street stuff: hop 3's, manual forever, and do pedal grinds most of all. I'm a pretty chill rider. I like both frames listed, namely because of their steep headtubes. The only extreme difference between each one is that darn backend. I've been riding an S4 for sometime and I believe the backend is longer on an S4 than either frame—just don't know if I should choose a frame that's a wee bit shorter or a lot shorter than my current setup.

I have been adding and removing each one to a shopping cart for the past 4 days! I just cannot decide. Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

|

BIKE CHECK ONE TWO

Refs: ridebmx34, netti speghetti, howlerfbm, Broughton

7/12/2012 12:16 PM

if your tall witch ever one has the longest backend

|

7/12/2012 12:17 PM

I had a benny L and i loved it, watch out, they twist.

|

7/12/2012 12:17 PM

I'd say the Benny L because the shorter end makes it easier for spins and manuals.
If your gonna go big or fast get the Lacey but if you just cruising and messing around get the Benny

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/12/2012 12:30 PM

Normally I would say get the fit because it's super therm tubing and American made but the chainstays are really really short so.. Idk that actually is a really hard choice

|

7/12/2012 12:51 PM

I'm 6'2" and have a Fly Tierra and the short backend is annoying, because of how tall I am. It's 13.15, and the Benny L is 13 even. Get the Lacey; the newer one is 13.75 slammed, and the one before is 13.5 slammed! Lacey > Benny L.

|

7/12/2012 1:48 PM

Thanks for all the responses! I am starting to lean more so to one frame…the Lacey. Hmm…

|

BIKE CHECK ONE TWO

Refs: ridebmx34, netti speghetti, howlerfbm, Broughton

7/12/2012 2:03 PM

plus the laceys strong, my friend jeff rides one and hes insane lol, ill find a video

|

I ride a: Cult
why do I ride?:peer pressure

7/12/2012 5:10 PM

Get some strands or the 15mm bolo fork. That will make the front snappy like you want and still have a long back like it seems you are leaning toward now that someone said tall= long backend. 117 vs spending 300.

|

7/12/2012 5:48 PM

I'm just saying because I'm tall too, I experienced being tall with a short backeoend, and I KNOW that it feels good to have a twitchy back-end, but I personally felt more comfortable with a longer back-end. it just feels normal. I mean, most taller riders tend to go for longer backends; not all the time, just sometimes. personal experience.

|

7/12/2012 8:09 PM

I have a Benny L and it's too short, I'm getting the Lacey next...so yeah Lacey

|

7/12/2012 8:36 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I'd say the Benny L because the shorter end makes it easier for spins and manuals.
If your gonna go big or fast get the Lacey but if you just cruising and messing around get the Benny

You sir are a dumb cunt.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em