Lacing Wheel without all spokes?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/25/2017 5:24 AM

I have laced a wheel without 1 spoke but this time i dont have 2 spokes . Will it affect the rim or make things worse? I understand that less spokes = less durability but i dont think 2 spokes will affect anything.

|

5/25/2017 5:57 AM

get two more spokes

|

It’s all bmx

5/25/2017 6:15 AM

You just have to be mindful that there's 2 spokes missing. You won't be able to make it properly true without over tensioning spokes, so they'll always be a wobble to it.
But spokes are cheap. Measure the ones you've got, and look on ebay. You can get them individually for about 10p each plus a bit for postage

|

5/25/2017 7:08 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

get two more spokes

This. Seriously. Just get two more spokes!

|

5/25/2017 7:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/25/2017 7:14 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

get two more spokes

GMGuinn wrote:

This. Seriously. Just get two more spokes!

For me to get 2 spokes or any spokes i need to wait 5 days and they dont sell them separately only in 36 . So its faster to lace the wheel and put them in later than wait 5 days with no bike. And if i order from ebay it would take more than 2 weeks if im lucky.

|

5/25/2017 7:54 AM

Do you have a local bike shop? If they're a half decent shop they'll either have spokes, or will cut a re thread some

|

5/25/2017 8:54 AM

This guy doesn't know what overnight shipping is? Also positivity helps when dealing with situations. Would you rather wait 5 days to ride or break the wheel and then wait two more weeks? Measure twice cut once type dealio

|

5/25/2017 10:01 AM

chiefndaily wrote:

This guy doesn't know what overnight shipping is? Also positivity helps when dealing with situations. Would you rather wait 5 days to ride or break the wheel and then wait two more weeks? Measure twice cut once type dealio

What overnight shipping? Ebay ? I have ridden with broken spokes for a long time and my friends still ride their wheels with 4 or 3 broken spokes for more than 2 years. So its not a big problem for me.

|

5/25/2017 1:04 PM

just get a mag wheel holy fuck

|

It’s all bmx