Lack of Motivation

Related:
Create New Tag

5/4/2013 12:18 PM

I ride in a small town with a small park near my house with just a bunch of grind rails and a foot tall kicker. I have no one to ride with except for some annoying kids that hardly ride and don't really ride when they do. Anyways, when I first get out the door, I'm pumped and ready to go then by the time I'm out there and realize how alone I am I lose complete motivation to do anything, then usually come home and be depressed about it.

Anyone else have no one to ride with?
How do you stay motivated?

|

Anderson IN

5/4/2013 12:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/4/2013 12:28 PM

I usually don't ride with much people but that's how I prefer it, if im bored I just jump on the bus and go where I know there will be more riders and I ride dirt mostly though so either way theres not anyone I know that rides dirt around me ( I live in the city)

to stay motivated when theres no one else riding I just give myself goals for the day and try and complete them

or you can slap some hoes haha

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

5/4/2013 12:23 PM

i try and do as many footjamz as i can then i go into my bedroom and touch myself for each number of footjamz i did.

But seriously, don't get down on yourself. You ride a bmx bike , go out and create your own style and most importantly just have fun with it.

|

5/4/2013 12:27 PM

It just seems pointless to keep riding. I don't lose interest in it, I really want to ride but I get this tired feeling and then I cant complete any trick

|

Anderson IN

5/4/2013 12:30 PM

Living in small towns does that... you sound like you get bored fast. How old are you and general age of people you ride with?

If I was in your position id build stuff to ride. Maybe get those kids to help you build dirt jumps somewhere? When they put some work into something they may develop some character and be less annoying to ride with in the future. And some trails will probably last a lot longer in a small town like your's. The ones over in my city get torn down pretty quick if they're not super hidden.

Motivate yourself. See all the boredom as an opportunity to create your own fun. Life IS what you MAKE it. Even if you gotta put in work to get there. In the end you get out what you put in.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

5/4/2013 12:33 PM

watch a couple edits that always motivates me to ride

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

5/4/2013 12:36 PM

I ride alone 99.9% of the time O_o Just keep going? Not really sure how I do it, talk to people? Everyone has their own ways

|

5/4/2013 12:36 PM

Yeah, I'm the typical A.D.D kid. I think what happens is I set goals in my mind that are too far to reach and then I feel like I suck when I get out there and cant truck driver like the pros. I'm almost 17, theres one kid that actually ride every once in a while and hes a year younger than me and another kid who things hes an OG that's my age. There is a small set of dirt ramps behind this building in my town but they aren't very tall and I don't know how to make them bigger without water,.

|

Anderson IN

5/4/2013 12:38 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

watch a couple edits that always motivates me to ride

Then slap some hoes. Get so pumped he be hop front flipping out the door.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

5/4/2013 12:40 PM

loudsilence96 wrote:

Yeah, I'm the typical A.D.D kid. I think what happens is I set goals in my mind that are too far to reach and then I feel like ...more

buckets of water? Buy a manual pump from home depot fill it up with water and take it over O_o? Look for a water faucet near buy buy a huge hose O_o?

|

5/4/2013 12:53 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

buckets of water? Buy a manual pump from home depot fill it up with water and take it over O_o? Look for a water faucet near ...more

Photo
|

5/4/2013 1:07 PM

I got back out there. Still had that tired feeling but I managed to deal with it. I'll just wait till it rains or something and take a shovel over there

|

Anderson IN

5/4/2013 1:10 PM

Learn jib tricks. Sliders, cranks flips, can plants, foot plant variations, surfer sliders, flatland shit, g turns, griz airs, over clicked x ups, 5 cabs, bunch of random rotation pivots resulting in more than 360 degrees, manual foot plant 180s. Combine random ass tricks into a rad ass combo

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

5/4/2013 1:12 PM

loudsilence96 wrote:

Yeah, I'm the typical A.D.D kid. I think what happens is I set goals in my mind that are too far to reach and then I feel like ...more

Aav1996 wrote:

buckets of water? Buy a manual pump from home depot fill it up with water and take it over O_o? Look for a water faucet near ...more

BMXism wrote: Photo
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Just givin out some ideas wink
|

5/4/2013 1:17 PM

I don't know what half of those things are haha. I really just don't know what a surfer slider is. This guy at a in town skatepark I went to did this trick thing, he was kind of an asshole but I asked what it was anyways. I think he said like a rodeo or something. He held the handlebar and spun it around while it was laying on the ground. I would like to learn how to do that

|

Anderson IN