Lairdframe. This thread isnt what you think. Reaching current owners

Related:
Create New Tag

3/24/2016 1:16 PM

Yay I ordered a lairdframe!
Now that were past that I created this thread to ask other lairdframe owners a question because I ordered mine a month ago today and I haven't heard from mike about the build at all.

So im wondering how long it took mike to reach you guys about your build. I do know hes been busy as hell lately, so I don't know if it has been started yet.

|

3/24/2016 2:39 PM

From what I recall something like 4-7 weeks for delivery is common, so I would maybe email him and just ask if there is a general ETA for when to expect it, then follow him on Instagram because he posts every frame on there pretty much.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/24/2016 5:23 PM

Just checked instagram and my bridge is the AW. im so excited!Photo

|

3/24/2016 6:42 PM

Aaron_Whitmore Jr. wrote:

Just checked instagram and my bridge is the AW. im so excited!Photo

Ha that is dope! There's gotta be nothing so satisfying as bespoke

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

3/24/2016 6:49 PM

Those are all sweet . Weed one is probably Adam22's lmfao

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/24/2016 6:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/24/2016 6:51 PM

Im super stoked

|

3/24/2016 6:51 PM

Took me 5 weeks to get my frame

|

Smoke Drink Die

3/24/2016 7:01 PM

Okay, thanks

|

3/24/2016 7:30 PM

Wow, the atheist and pot leaf bridges, how original.

Now that bottle opener bridge, form and function.

|

3/24/2016 7:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/25/2016 11:28 AM

Oddity wrote:

Wow, the atheist and pot leaf bridges, how original.

Now that bottle opener bridge, form and function.

Honestly most of the bridges people want are kinda lame from what I see on instagram. But hey, if the bike is jacked, easy ID of the frame.

A know a dude who has his last name as the bridge. No one could steal it and make up a story ahahaa.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/25/2016 6:57 AM

Bottle opener bridge is sick.wish i could afford a laird custom.but my trusty ATF does the job im looking for a subrosa vilicus sp

|

3/25/2016 8:43 AM

Kind of a weird spot for a bottle opener, unless its going on the bottom bridge like his last one. The Anarchy A is my favorite out of this bunch.

|

Smoke Drink Die

3/25/2016 8:43 AM

Laird is the best, those bridges look amazing

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

4/16/2016 1:33 AM

Any update? Have you gotten your frame?

|

Smoke Drink Die

4/16/2016 6:19 AM

Laird Frame
Photo

|

Legit

Oscar5788,Scramhype,SuperstarDK,Howlerfbm,AlexDanielP,KilledGlamour,notorious NIG,KYMIKE

4/16/2016 10:36 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Those are all sweet . Weed one is probably Adam22's lmfao

its not

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

4/16/2016 11:15 AM

Anyone run his sprockets? I asked if he would make some more and possibly make me a 30t but he said people aren't interested in them enough for him to continue them.

|

Smoke Drink Die

4/16/2016 12:11 PM

Hey guys sorry I haven't been updating, I haven't been on lately.

Anyway Mike emailed me last week saying all of the smaller pieces are together on all of the frames in this batch. Hes been posting a new frame almost every day on instagram. Haven seen mine yet but it's getting closer and closer.

|

5/1/2016 11:44 AM

My frame is coming!
Im super excited Photo

|

5/2/2016 8:15 AM

Nice! I still love looking at mine. Post it completed when it's all built up. A lot of chrome would make that color pop.

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

5/2/2016 11:30 AM

Ricked_Em wrote:

Nice! I still love looking at mine. Post it completed when it's all built up. A lot of chrome would make that color pop.

I have all black with my green, looks nice. Photo

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/2/2016 11:35 AM

Looks good. Ill be running almost all black. Ive got green odi grips and im waiting for my green eclat ridgestone tires to arrive from germany...which reminds me I need to email kunstform.

Other than those things itll be all black

|

5/4/2016 8:10 AM

Frame arrived at the shop today!!!
Photo

|

5/4/2016 9:34 AM

So what is going to be the final cost of this build project? Are you using parts you have laying around or from other bikes? I have been doing a mock0up build using a Lairdframe as the skeleton and right now the full build is around $1500. I have been doing mega online-window shopping, and this total is with the least expensive prices for the parts I have selected.

Is $1500 ridiculous for a custom bike?

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

5/4/2016 10:04 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

So what is going to be the final cost of this build project? Are you using parts you have laying around or from other bikes? I ...more

That's very easy to do. I don't really wanna say what I have in mine but buying the wheels used helped a lot

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

5/4/2016 10:18 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

So what is going to be the final cost of this build project? Are you using parts you have laying around or from other bikes? I ...more

Ricked_Em wrote:

That's very easy to do. I don't really wanna say what I have in mine but buying the wheels used helped a lot

Yeah. I might try the used route for things like wheels if I can't justify spending the money in the end. Right now, this is all just me window shopping and relearning the BMX parts/bikes/frames world, but it would be cool to eventually build something where every piece is exactly what i wanted.

I was considering a complete bike at first, but it is real hard to find completes with a 74degree HT angle. The only 2 I have found (from 2015/16) so far are the Hoffman Bama, and the Verde Luxe. I would not mind the Verde, and might go that route in the end (I live within a mile of the Verde "factory" so it will be cool to support the local guys)...

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

5/4/2016 11:42 AM

Total for mine will be about 1750

|