Landing Footjam Tailwhip

Related:
Create New Tag

8/18/2016 1:40 PM

This trick is getting on my nerves. It's been so long since I started learning it. Sometimes I can't jam my foot that well and the bike spins too slow. Another problem is I can't land on my pedals. I jam with my right leg and when the frame spins I put my left leg on the frame to stop it and then jump on the pedals. Any tips to fix this bad habbit. Does anyone even land footjam whip everytime? or its nearly impossible :D

|

8/18/2016 4:35 PM

Instead of stopping the frame with your foot and hopping on, try to just hop on. Eliminate that step. You will need to practice your timing.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/19/2016 8:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/19/2016 8:36 AM

Turn your bars slightly the way you kick
Pop the back up
Jump over the frame
Jam your foot in
Get a good kick
When the bike gets half way make sure you're over your bars
Look for your pedals
Be ready to jump on
Land on pedals

It took me longer than necessary to learn but those are the steps. Don't go for your frame the only time I'd try to land foot on frame or seat is in hop tailwhips. Good luck.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/19/2016 12:18 PM

This trick is what I'm working on now, too. I found that, if you try to jump to your seat as the frame comes around, you're more likely to spot your feet on the pedals. Maybe it's just a thing for me, but hey, maybe it'll work for you, too.

If you want to see some serious footjam whip and other foot-oriented tricks, check out Alex Hiam's 2015 FOX video, it's mind-boggling.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn