Landing drops properly ?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/9/2014 1:46 PM

Hi guys.
I have been doing some pretty big drops to flat in street lately. But i have only been riding for about 6 months and i'm not landing "smoothly" or cleanly. I will post a video tomorrow. But i just wanted some tips to land softly or clean. Thanks guys

|

3/9/2014 1:49 PM

Back wheel first? I mean isnt that like what every trick is supposed to be landed as basically?

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

3/9/2014 1:58 PM

sure, landing back tire first is a pretty common thing to do. On big drops some people like to really extend the rear more to hit the ground early and soften the landing. Speed is also a really good way to land smooth.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

3/9/2014 2:41 PM

Back wheel first, with the weight a bit backwards.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/9/2014 3:24 PM

BACK WHEEL FIRST

Just straighen your legs before impact. It'll push your back wheel down and virtually 50% of any impact will be absorbed through the wheel first , not your wrists/ ankles when you land double tire.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/9/2014 4:23 PM

^^^ what they said

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

3/10/2014 12:40 PM

Land with all your weight on the front! Haha just kidding. Back wheel first. For a while I didn't know that, and I bent my front rim and hurt my wrist jumping an 8-set.

|

IG: therealclintvessey

{\_/}
( • .•)
/-🚲

3/10/2014 1:06 PM

I dropped the local cycling club (8ft) and by god make sure you land back.I landed Perfectly and got whiplash.

|

3/10/2014 2:34 PM

madleo wrote:

I dropped the local cycling club (8ft) and by god make sure you land back.I landed Perfectly and got whiplash.

that sucks

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/10/2014 9:36 PM

Whatever you do dont try to land a nose manual after a drop.

|

3/11/2014 7:30 AM

By the way, when doing that kind of stuff, dont be afraid, if you try to bail in the last moment cause you shitted your pants you will eat bad shit.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/11/2014 7:47 AM

However you can that doesn't hurt.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/11/2014 7:54 AM

Majestic_Muffin wrote:

Challenge accepted.

|

3/11/2014 8:10 AM

madleo wrote:

That happened to me lol, now when I land I look at my front tire instead of straight ahead

|

3/11/2014 8:12 AM

Majestic_Muffin wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

Challenge accepted.

Photo
|

IG: therealclintvessey

{\_/}
( • .•)
/-🚲

3/11/2014 8:43 AM

madleo wrote:

BMXSkater wrote:

That happened to me lol, now when I land I look at my front tire instead of straight ahead

I now stretch my neck before i do anything. I'm the only one one in my scene who has seemed to self inflict whiplash apon themselves lol.

|