Last Shadow part i ever buy.

Related:
Create New Tag

4/30/2013 4:21 PM

Broke my shadow captive forks through the steertube into one of the arms and the douchebags at shadow wouldn't warranty it, they're fuckin 8 months old.

|

4/30/2013 4:27 PM

get the warrenty when you buy it...

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

4/30/2013 4:31 PM

shadow doesn't have a addon warranty it comes with the part when you buy it and it sure as shit is still covered by it within 8 goddamn months.

|

4/30/2013 4:48 PM

pics ?

|

4/30/2013 5:00 PM

justin vogelsberger wrote:

pics ?

this. or it didn't happen.

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

4/30/2013 5:16 PM

Yea, shadows warranty is horrible. when you email they take forever to reply and when you answer all their questions, they stop replying

|

DialedGuerraBmx

4/30/2013 5:23 PM

Yeah that's why you should run odyssey forks

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

4/30/2013 5:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/30/2013 5:26 PM

|

4/30/2013 5:41 PM

That's odd I cracked my vultus forks in like 11 months they warranted it no problem.

|

Refs: JakeSalbert, Me?(x4), The Balt, the_bmxist,
Jared42069(x2), Dogbones,

4/30/2013 5:53 PM

i dont even ride pegs lol

|

4/30/2013 6:05 PM

What? wrote:

Yea, shadows warranty is horrible. when you email they take forever to reply and when you answer all their questions, they ...more

this x2352151

those fuckers ignored me so many times until I spammed their facebook page with the picture of the broken stuff and finally Ronnie Bonner? messaged me saying like "okay yeah, you're right. that SHOULDN'T have happened. we apologize" blah blah blah stuff like that, and wanted me to send both stems I broke back. BOTH, for a replacement. I asked why both and if I send both then why do I only get one? He ignored it. Had problems with every Shadow part I ever had including their warranty. Fuck Shadow

|

4/30/2013 6:26 PM

It also depends on how you addressed them in the email. If you send an email yelling, abusing them and demanding free shit they will be less likely to help you out. But if you send an email full of details of how you rode, pics etc etc they may help. Also some company's only have like a 6 month warranty on manufacturing defects and not on broken parts

|

4/30/2013 6:26 PM

Thats why I dont support Shadow or Subrosa or Cult. Warranty sucks

|

4/30/2013 6:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/30/2013 6:50 PM

Gump wrote:

It also depends on how you addressed them in the email. If you send an email yelling, abusing them and demanding free shit ...more

I addressed my email pretty nicely, they asked questions and I replied nicely, then they fucking ignored me

|

DialedGuerraBmx

4/30/2013 6:46 PM

Yeah I don't really like Shadow at all, they're pretty overrated imo.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

4/30/2013 6:59 PM

Gump wrote:

It also depends on how you addressed them in the email. If you send an email yelling, abusing them and demanding free shit ...more

What? wrote:

I addressed my email pretty nicely, they asked questions and I replied nicely, then they fucking ignored me

I was t having a dig man I've just heard of people being rude straight away. But yeah if they where talking to you then starts ignoring you that's bs. They could have at lead offered crash replacement

|

4/30/2013 7:05 PM

Gump wrote:

What? wrote:

Gump wrote:

I was t having a dig man I've just heard of people being rude straight away. But yeah if they where talking to you then starts ...more

Yea, it was only a chain breaker but they answered me questions and I answered them, they asked for a picture and I sent one, but they shouldn't of ignored it, or anybody else. I don't buy from them anymore anyways, they're overrated.

|

DialedGuerraBmx

4/30/2013 7:06 PM

what a glorious way to ruin your reputation. congratulations shadow, your idiots! i cant believe a company would do this. pure bullshit imo

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

4/30/2013 7:24 PM

Gump wrote:

I was t having a dig man I've just heard of people being rude straight away. But yeah if they where talking to you then starts ...more

Shadow didn't even offer me crash replacement. it was either send 2 stems back for 1 or nothing apparently. I was polite as well. A stem should not snap after not even 4 months of riding it, and I was recovering from a torn ACL at the time too so I didn't even ride it hard at all. I really really regret just buying the same stem again, it was on sale at the shop I got it from and I still had faith in Shadow but I ended up cracking that in the same spot I snapped the last stem after about 5 or 6 months

|

4/30/2013 7:26 PM

This is why I refuse to own any shadow parts.

|

Ever in Palmyra/Hershey/Lebanon? Hit me up - 717-439-2789

Straight-Edge

4/30/2013 7:28 PM

I like Shadow.

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

4/30/2013 7:40 PM

Me? wrote:

I like Shadow.

That

|

| Temper Tantrum | Instagram | Tumblr | Xbox - Slow Miatas |

4/30/2013 7:52 PM

idk what it's like in America but in New Zealand there's a law against shit like this. It says that if something fucks up in an amount of time that's less than a reasonable lifetime for that kind of product (ie. stems) then the place you got it from or whoever made it idk has to replace it. I've never had to use it for any bike shit since I've been pretty lucky with breaking shit but you should definitely look into it to see if it's a thing in America

|

My Old* Steed

Click here and follow me :D
Twitterrr

4/30/2013 7:53 PM

i like the bars, headset, bb, and chain but the hubs and suck suck imo

|

roses are red, violets are blue, bikes are red, my dick is red, i cant write poetry, not even gonna lie, bite the pillow, im going in dry - xxohioanxx

4/30/2013 7:58 PM

crayola531 wrote:

the chain sucks balls. hubs are crazy nice

|

4/30/2013 8:00 PM

crayola531 wrote:

tomdon wrote:

yeah they're not bad, I've got three of them and they haven't given me problems. I had the front rant for two years,

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

4/30/2013 8:01 PM

crayola531 wrote:

tomdon wrote:

ive had horrible experiences with the hubs

|

roses are red, violets are blue, bikes are red, my dick is red, i cant write poetry, not even gonna lie, bite the pillow, im going in dry - xxohioanxx

4/30/2013 8:02 PM

tomdon wrote:

Agreed on the chain. Then again it's iffy, lots of people have problems with it, lots don't. Mine snapped after a few months and yes it was put on correctly for anyone going to ask.. a bunch of random pins would push their way out for some reason..

and their new hubs are honestly pretty good, I just would never ever ride them unless someone gave them to me for free and I was in need of hubs haha. Their old ones were junk though, the Rants. Snapped part of the drive side flange off a Rant v2 cassette, they wouldn't warranty it because I had grind damage on the non-drive side, but drive side pegs never once touched that hub. Had it about 9 or so months and on their site they said there was a year warranty. bullshit.

|

4/30/2013 8:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/30/2013 8:10 PM

crayola531 wrote:

tomdon wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Agreed on the chain. Then again it's iffy, lots of people have problems with it, lots don't. Mine snapped after a few months ...more

everyone around here that rides has snapped one or more. ive killed 3. i enjoyed the raptor cassette and the stun rims, the attack stem was nice. pegs were iffy. they started to stick after like 6 months. hit and miss like any other company i guess. but i agree about the bullshit warranty. why cant every company have a warranty like odyssey? i bent my cs2 race forks. not sure when, but called up odyssey 4 years after i bought them. no questions asked. sent my bent lumberjacks at the same time. they sent me r32's and asked what replacement bars i wanted. and i recently warrantied a driver from a ratchet i got on here. told em i got it from vital and they replaced it no problem

|

4/30/2013 8:10 PM

I think they're cool? I just want 2.3 strada tires a shitload

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short