Le spline drive cranks

Related:
Create New Tag

11/22/2014 12:59 PM

1. Can I run any Spline drive sprocket on any 48s crank? Or do they (the craanks) have to be labled as "spline drive"?
2. Worth getting over my current cranks? Thought about switching from my Redline Flights to Stolen Talons. If the answer to question one is no, I won't do it, as the only reason I'd get them is the whole spline drive deal.

|

11/22/2014 1:02 PM

1. Depends on the cranks. Some will work, others don't have long enough splines.
2. Yes. Spline drive is a lot smoother and more efficient.

|

11/22/2014 1:04 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

1. Depends on the cranks. Some will work, others don't have long enough splines.
2. Yes. Spline drive is a lot smoother and ...more

OK. Thanks.

|

11/22/2014 1:12 PM

Should work as long as thee splined insert on the sprocket matches the spindle size of the cranks. I.e both are 19mm or whatever. You know that but someone will read thiseventually and bitch that their 22mm sprocket didnt work with their 19mm cranks if I don't say that. After all, this is vital

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

11/22/2014 10:34 PM

tomdon wrote:

Should work as long as thee splined insert on the sprocket matches the spindle size of the cranks. I.e both are 19mm or ...more

lol this. as long as its the right size when it comes to holes,and when it comes to the length of the spline thingy between crank arms. the name of the part escapes me...probably lack of sleep lol

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

11/23/2014 1:07 PM

are there any 22mm spline drive sprockets?
i know solid makes some 22mm splined cranks, is there anyone who makes a 22mm ti spline spindle?
they day i can get all three is when i switch over from my twombolts

|

wallride a bus everyday

11/23/2014 3:33 PM

buttmeate wrote:

are there any 22mm spline drive sprockets?
i know solid makes some 22mm splined cranks, is there anyone who makes a 22mm ti ...more

pretty sure FSA made the ti 22mm spindle

and theres a bunch that make the 22mm sd sprockets. tree does

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

11/23/2014 3:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/23/2014 3:39 PM

buttmeate wrote:

are there any 22mm spline drive sprockets?
i know solid makes some 22mm splined cranks, is there anyone who makes a 22mm ti ...more

sketchytravis wrote:

pretty sure FSA made the ti 22mm spindle

and theres a bunch that make the 22mm sd sprockets. tree does

united as well. they were the first. along with profile cause they have the column cranks

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

11/23/2014 3:41 PM

Get some cranks off here and a sprocket. Check the for sale section! tons of em. for like 70 bucks youd be set.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.