Learned hop bars today--PUMPED!!

Related:
Create New Tag

5/20/2013 7:34 PM

I had the stupid little manual bars to the point where i could double that way and manual a bit after haha, so i finally committed, threw some shin guards on bc i may bleed out if i get cut anymore on my damn shins. I started just doing the worlds smallest little pop ones and got one then got comfy hopping a bit and catching with my foot coming off then i just did it. it was probably the best feeling i ever had after learning a trick. and i learned it fairly quick!! just one day of actually trying them! now that my callaces ripped and are bleeding as i type this... I stopped until tomorrow haha. Just wanted to share this with you guys. Oh and i learned supermans in like 3 tries today. Today was a great day of riding for me, Have you guys ever just got passed like a huge barrier and learned multiple tricks in a day?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

5/20/2013 8:37 PM

I felt like I was on top of the world when I learned bars. I was even more stoked when I learned 180 crooks. I jumped off my bike and started screaming

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/20/2013 8:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/20/2013 8:45 PM

tomdon wrote:

I felt like I was on top of the world when I learned bars. I was even more stoked when I learned 180 crooks. I jumped off my bike and started screaming

i didnt go that far but i did a dance. haha oh and another reason i was happy is bc i beat my friend that i bet i would learn them before him today and did haha.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

5/21/2013 8:19 AM

I have flyout bars so dialed I love it haha. Hop bars scare me though, not sure why even though I always ride with shin guards on.

|

509-301-202one. April 14 Bike check


Refs-ninjacat33 x2, Warchol2, A08 x2, fsearles, bmxscout48, blackmammoth, ilovemybike22, ecuadevil, bmx, J.r._Faw, Pavimo, kymike, ScramHype, xlilkillaluc15x, bmxnick2511, semobmx, robinson79 x2


eBay - 120+ transactions, 100% feedback

5/21/2013 8:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/21/2013 8:28 AM

I'm actually pretty gutted today. Took the bike out in the back garden (I'm not really supposed to ride much until my Diabetes is under control) Since i was diagnosed with complex regional pain syndrome & put on pain relief meds, the last year i haven't really ridden a whole lot. I got my bike set up all super dialed & awesome & i can probably hop 12"-15" at most i am GUTTED. Before all the shoulder shit happened & before the shitty muscle wastage I could hop over bar height without a single trouble! Gunna have to get my shoulder sorted & get some heavy physio done! I feel like a total weakling right now & i feel like I've lost all control of my bike! NOT happy!

|

5/21/2013 2:33 PM

Topsey wrote:

I'm actually pretty gutted today. Took the bike out in the back garden (I'm not really supposed to ride much until my Diabetes is under control) Since i was diagnosed with complex regional pain syndrome & put on pain relief meds, the last year i haven't really ridden a whole lot. I got my bike set up all super dialed & awesome & i can probably hop 12"-15" at most i am GUTTED. Before all the shoulder shit happened & before the shitty muscle wastage I could hop over bar height without a single trouble! Gunna have to get my shoulder sorted & get some heavy physio done! I feel like a total weakling right now & i feel like I've lost all control of my bike! NOT happy!

dang man, thats no fun:/ you do have some badass bikes for sure, real tech right there, or do you use them for flatland?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

5/21/2013 6:16 PM

fly out bars for mee and im still pummped cause of them

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha



BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842




WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

5/21/2013 6:18 PM

if you can flyout bar youl be able to hop bar in most cases, bar hops are easyer than flyout ones lol

|

5/21/2013 6:20 PM

Caelum Persson wrote:

if you can flyout bar youl be able to hop bar in most cases, bar hops are easyer than flyout ones lol

really?? hop bars are difficult for me but its different for everybody

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha



BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842




WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

5/21/2013 6:22 PM

Caelum Persson wrote:

if you can flyout bar youl be able to hop bar in most cases, bar hops are easyer than flyout ones lol

i feel they both are similar. haha the main difference is instead of hopping you gotta level out right on the jump. just the same really for me. i prefer hop because i can just go down the street and do as many as possible not have to go back and forth for the jump

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

5/21/2013 6:22 PM

Caelum Persson wrote:

if you can flyout bar youl be able to hop bar in most cases, bar hops are easyer than flyout ones lol

WallmartBMX wrote:

really?? hop bars are difficult for me but its different for everybody

i thought flyout bars were easyer to begin with, but as soon as i started commiting to hop bars i changed my mind

|

5/21/2013 6:43 PM

I was trying hop bars the other day and I just couldn't get them. I think I just need to hop higher and I could get them pretty easy. Are they just the same as flyout bars?

|

509-301-202one. April 14 Bike check


Refs-ninjacat33 x2, Warchol2, A08 x2, fsearles, bmxscout48, blackmammoth, ilovemybike22, ecuadevil, bmx, J.r._Faw, Pavimo, kymike, ScramHype, xlilkillaluc15x, bmxnick2511, semobmx, robinson79 x2


eBay - 120+ transactions, 100% feedback

5/21/2013 6:53 PM

Broughton wrote:

I was trying hop bars the other day and I just couldn't get them. I think I just need to hop higher and I could get them pretty easy. Are they just the same as flyout bars?

Hmm well on a flyout you have to level out. the way i did hop ones is did real quick pull up let down manual ones with almost the same motion as the hop ones then did smaller hops and worked my way up. once you get the lil hop ones, the bigger hop ones just come.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

5/21/2013 7:18 PM

Broughton wrote:

I was trying hop bars the other day and I just couldn't get them. I think I just need to hop higher and I could get them pretty easy. Are they just the same as flyout bars?

MaximusBikes wrote:

Hmm well on a flyout you have to level out. the way i did hop ones is did real quick pull up let down manual ones with almost the same motion as the hop ones then did smaller hops and worked my way up. once you get the lil hop ones, the bigger hop ones just come.

I have flyout dialed lol. Those stupid little manual bars piss me off more than anything...

|

509-301-202one. April 14 Bike check


Refs-ninjacat33 x2, Warchol2, A08 x2, fsearles, bmxscout48, blackmammoth, ilovemybike22, ecuadevil, bmx, J.r._Faw, Pavimo, kymike, ScramHype, xlilkillaluc15x, bmxnick2511, semobmx, robinson79 x2


eBay - 120+ transactions, 100% feedback

5/21/2013 7:22 PM

Topsey wrote:

I'm actually pretty gutted today. Took the bike out in the back garden (I'm not really supposed to ride much until my Diabetes is under control) Since i was diagnosed with complex regional pain syndrome & put on pain relief meds, the last year i haven't really ridden a whole lot. I got my bike set up all super dialed & awesome & i can probably hop 12"-15" at most i am GUTTED. Before all the shoulder shit happened & before the shitty muscle wastage I could hop over bar height without a single trouble! Gunna have to get my shoulder sorted & get some heavy physio done! I feel like a total weakling right now & i feel like I've lost all control of my bike! NOT happy!

wait are you that one dude from TCU

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

5/21/2013 7:24 PM

Broughton wrote:

I was trying hop bars the other day and I just couldn't get them. I think I just need to hop higher and I could get them pretty easy. Are they just the same as flyout bars?

MaximusBikes wrote:

Hmm well on a flyout you have to level out. the way i did hop ones is did real quick pull up let down manual ones with almost the same motion as the hop ones then did smaller hops and worked my way up. once you get the lil hop ones, the bigger hop ones just come.

Broughton wrote:

I have flyout dialed lol. Those stupid little manual bars piss me off more than anything...

why do they make you mad?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

5/22/2013 6:28 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

dang man, thats no fun:/ you do have some badass bikes for sure, real tech right there, or do you use them for flatland?

I do ride a little Flat with it yes, but i am a street rider at heart!

|

5/22/2013 6:30 AM

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

wait are you that one dude from TCU

That one dude from TCU? I have an account on TCUB but i haven't used it in years, be a bit more specific lol!

|

5/22/2013 9:53 AM

Topsey wrote:

I do ride a little Flat with it yes, but i am a street rider at heart!

thats awesome man. I try to do it all, i like all kinds really. Sometimes its hard to get the right parts to do it all. Like tires mostly. haha i am enjoying my glh and kink right now, they work good for it all really, not as much for dit, but i dont slide out if i let a lil air out.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

5/22/2013 10:21 AM

When i ride Street i really don't like more than 65/70psi in my tyres which is a bit shitty for Flatland haha. I cant ride Trails (They scare the shit out of me!) & i cant really ride park either tbh, i guess I'm not really a transition kinda guy. I like ledges, banks & rails haha. Something i can do out of my own power. But i have complex regional pain syndrome, i have to take Tramadol, Gabapentin & Morphine for that which pretty much knocks me out. But because I've had it for a number of years now i have muscle wastage & i didn't think much of it until i started riding again after having an operation on my shoulder, but like i said i can barely hop & i cant hold manuals at all which sucks!! I'm Itching to ride my new set up but i was diagnosed with type one diabetes a few weeks ago & i cant do any exercise until my blood sugars are under control. Properly fucked off haha.

|

5/22/2013 11:15 AM

Sick dude props.
Today I am going to my local after school and going to try and learn cannonball-barspins, and also double trucks.

|

5/22/2013 8:28 PM

Topsey wrote:

When i ride Street i really don't like more than 65/70psi in my tyres which is a bit shitty for Flatland haha. I cant ride Trails (They scare the shit out of me!) & i cant really ride park either tbh, i guess I'm not really a transition kinda guy. I like ledges, banks & rails haha. Something i can do out of my own power. But i have complex regional pain syndrome, i have to take Tramadol, Gabapentin & Morphine for that which pretty much knocks me out. But because I've had it for a number of years now i have muscle wastage & i didn't think much of it until i started riding again after having an operation on my shoulder, but like i said i can barely hop & i cant hold manuals at all which sucks!! I'm Itching to ride my new set up but i was diagnosed with type one diabetes a few weeks ago & i cant do any exercise until my blood sugars are under control. Properly fucked off haha.

Man idk how i could deal with that.. that is really awful:/ you think you will get better? like from th muscle wastage and pain stuff?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

5/22/2013 8:29 PM

SoCalShreds wrote:

Sick dude props.
Today I am going to my local after school and going to try and learn cannonball-barspins, and also double trucks.

holy shit... sorry im not on that level haha i am thinking about learning cannonballs on my dirt jumps. im pretty good at no footers and just learned supermans and i can do a seat grab haha maybe i will learn double seat grabs and try it.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.