X-up help?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/20/2017 12:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/20/2017 1:00 PM

Just the pullup variety but still.

Been doing them up banks to fakie out. On flat its a bit harder to do them on the pedals but if i cheat and put my right foot on my rear peg I can ride as long as I want x-up and pull out as long as Im not going too fast.

Anyone have any tips for doing them flat on the pedals? I feel I dont have enough room even of I lean far back and pinch my seat, feet as far back on the pedals as possible.

|

12/20/2017 1:53 PM

To be honest, just commit. The motion of pulling up into the X-up will usually push you back enough to clear the bars.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

12/20/2017 2:11 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

To be honest, just commit. The motion of pulling up into the X-up will usually push you back enough to clear the bars.

This, just push your legs straight, push your ass back a bit, x the bars, and lean over them a bit

|

12/20/2017 2:50 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

This, just push your legs straight, push your ass back a bit, x the bars, and lean over them a bit

Cool deal, guess Im on the right track, just gotta keep doing em

|

12/20/2017 3:01 PM

I'm learning these too. Having more trouble getting out of em than getting in. Good advice here

|

12/20/2017 4:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/21/2017 2:00 AM

Super-Pawl wrote:

I'm learning these too. Having more trouble getting out of em than getting in. Good advice here

Try learn them the other way; not only should it help you with getting out of regular ones, it'll also give you a sneaky little oppo trick to call in games of BIKE smile.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

12/20/2017 5:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/21/2017 7:17 AM

Got em down! Thanks for the words of inspiration! Now I just gotta work on mixing them in with other tricks. And build up the confidence to start doing them faster.

|

12/20/2017 5:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/20/2017 9:55 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

They are a lot of fun and you can do them anywhere, I like tricks like that.

|

12/20/2017 11:24 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

Yeah I'm exactly the same, I can do x-up rides no problem but as soon as it comes to doing the x-up and getting back out of it in one motion I struggle a bit more. Think it's just confidence more than anything

|

12/21/2017 5:57 AM

Also if you have super-wide bars, that can hinder these kinds of moves.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/21/2017 7:16 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Also if you have super-wide bars, that can hinder these kinds of moves.

29 wide for the bike I'm using to learn them right now. I'm assuming the the 30 inch wide perfect tens on my other bike wouldn't be beneficial? LOL

|

12/21/2017 7:54 AM

you gotta run 22in bars

|

It’s all bmx