Learned whips the wrong way

Related:
Create New Tag

8/11/2014 1:25 PM

Hey i'm having a huge problem with my tailwhips i decided to learn em about 2 months ago now i can get them under my legs without a problem but i learned them putting the back foot on 1st and now i'm stuck with it no matter how hard i try i can't get my front foot on 1st even tho my footjam tailwhips are dialed no problems .

Can anyone help me out with them watched multiple tutorials but non of them really help me out

|

failed again

8/11/2014 2:44 PM

Do you whip the wrong way too or not?

Meaning, are you left foot forward and kick the bike clockwise or counterclockwise, or right foot forward and kick the bike counterclockwise or clockwise?

being goofy footed might have something to do with that but idk.

If you're regular footed, just aim for the front foot. Forget about your back foot right now and just step to your front pedal, go to it, don't wait for it to come to you

|

8/11/2014 2:57 PM

regular footed but i just can't aim for the front pedal have tried to force myself to do but never find it

|

failed again

8/11/2014 3:12 PM

edasi6 wrote:

regular footed but i just can't aim for the front pedal have tried to force myself to do but never find it

From what i understand... Your Kicking it with your back foot and your landing them.. but your landing them with the wrong foot? There is no wrong foot doesn't matter if you catch front first or back first as long as you land it clean.. if someone is saying your doing it wrong they have some serious mental issues

|

Bang Bang bmx

8/11/2014 3:40 PM

it's not that it's wrong, it's just harder. if you land with your back foot on first, your cranks will pedal backwards a bit, making you need to calculate in your head that you need to bring your front foot back more than you normally would when landing flat.

plus idk about some people but sometimes if I land like that and my cranks aren't flat, it hurts my ankles. not always though.

just keep practicing them, and try harder to aim for that pedal. I know people who used to land back foot first a lot and it went away with practice. I do goofy footed whips though so I can't say from experience anyway

|

8/11/2014 3:51 PM

I got my foot on that front pedal by trying them to tire tap on a quarter. Sounds silly but it helped me get em to front pedal EVERY SINGLE TIME.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/11/2014 4:31 PM

Sunday I thought he was landing back pedal just slightly before.. You could try and land cranks

|

Bang Bang bmx