Related:
Create New Tag
BrutalHero BrutalHero
10/29/2016 11:42 AM

Hello, I started my BMX adventure barely 3 months ago. I was on a break of 3 years. Back then I didn't try to do tricks as I wasn't thinking about tricks. After a 3 year break I picked up a Stolen Wrap 2010 Full Chromo bike for 150 euro. I didn't know much about bikes so I was lucky for buying that bike. I didn't even know what chromoly is.

So let's hop on the story. I started doing tricks and I had really low hopes, They all seemed difficult and scary in the beginning. I didn't have a plan or anything, I was just driving around the town doing random stuff. My first month was me driving and doing some bunny hops, I was trying learning different tricks but I wanted to get the bunny hop settled, So I did, It took me 2 weeks being able to bunny hop over 2 stairs. The 2nd month consisted of me trying to do Footjam Tailwhips without hops, I noticed no progress but I kept on trying and I managed to land my first Footjam tailwhip 10 days ago and It felt like heaven.

Learning the fakie: It took me around 25 days but it was weird because 24 days I couldn't do shit and on the 25 day I managed to land 4-5 fakies in a row with 180 fakie outs. I started to land fakies after me and my friend made a homemade ramp and jumped a lot. I don't know what changed but probably I overcame my fear of going backwards by jumping off ramps? I don't know. But it took me around a month to learn a proper fakie/fakie out and land them consistently.

Learning 180s: I haven't fully learned 180s yet but I am able to bunnyhop into a 180 easily the problem is I couldn't continue backwards but I haven't tried since I learned the fakie and it took me 2 days to learn how to bunnyhop into a proper 180.

Learning Bunnyhops and Hops: I am still working on those as the only progression right now is doing them consistently and Higher. I could manage and jump over 3 stairs but I can't find a way to jump higher but it will come with time.

Learning the Footjam: Learned this is no time took me like 4 tries.

Learning the Footjam Tailwhip: Still can't land it consistently because I put my leg down but it all comes down to balance and weight.

Learning Manual: I haven't trained this a lot but I am able to manual 2 parking lots. I have only practiced a little bit and only when I am on the street traveling

The only problem that I have and I would like tips from you guys is Hop to Footjam and Hop to Footjam Tailwhip. I don't know how to do them and how to properly hop into that state. Keep in mind I am only training for 3 months so I am happy with my progress so far.!

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP