Least favorite brand

Related:
Create New Tag

10/2/2017 6:50 PM

I’m not a fan of eastern, sometimes haro, mongoose, and any cheap brand.

|

10/2/2017 8:13 PM

Joe Breslin wrote:

So you're not a fan of the two companies that basically started BMX and have had some of the greatest riders in the history of the sport? And why aren't you a fan of eastern? I dont really have any negative comments to say about most brands, I like to fuel the hate on mafia just because i cant stand harry main but really as long as kids are riding its helping our sport.

|

10/2/2017 8:23 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

So you're not a fan of the two companies that basically started BMX and have had some of the greatest riders in the history of the sport? And why aren't you a fan of eastern? I dont really have any negative comments to say about most brands, I like to fuel the hate on mafia just because i cant stand harry main but really as long as kids are riding its helping our sport.

That's a great attitude (overall).

|

10/2/2017 8:40 PM

Joe Breslin wrote:

BcBMX80 wrote:

I like them as a company, what they stand for, and what they have done but I was just saying I’m not a fan of their parts. I don’t like eastern because they have never been very good for me

|

10/2/2017 8:57 PM

I like Harry Main, he is a business man and he has passion and a great personality. I like Mafiabikes, I would buy a Hitmain frame if it came with a lifetime warranty. I like Eastern, I have 2 of their wheels and a fork. Eastern have top notch products. Haro makes good stuff. Mongoose has shifted their focus on mountain bikes and still cater to the up-and-coming crowd with their more entry-level bikes.

All companies are trying to make a profit and some try harder than others. There are definitely questionable quality products being made but I dont think the companies you mentioned are bad just because they try to hit certain price-points to cater to their chosen demographic.

Hyper usually gets placed in the hate category, too, Ive noticed; again, they have the top of the line stuff available for those who can afford it and the dept. Store stuff that is the source of most of their revenue.

Anyway, I try to be a bit more open-minded. Its hard to say any one thing is good or bad, its never so simple.

|

10/2/2017 9:41 PM

Do you really like harry main or were you joking. IMO i lowkey hate him because of what he does and how he’s really only out for himself and him wanting to get a bunch of younger kids into riding. It sounds good but really it just corrupts the BMX scene with little kids thinking they are good when they ride on their mafia bikes and do foot jams everywhere.

|

10/2/2017 9:43 PM

Joe Breslin wrote:

Do you really like harry main or were you joking. IMO i lowkey hate him because of what he does and how he’s really only out for himself and him wanting to get a bunch of younger kids into riding. It sounds good but really it just corrupts the BMX scene with little kids thinking they are good when they ride on their mafia bikes and do foot jams everywhere.

No I wasnt joking, I do like him.

|

10/2/2017 9:48 PM

Joe Breslin wrote:

Dont forget, little kids are what ALL of us once were. The more people out having fun doing whatever they choose the better imo. That goes for all; scooters, skateboards, skates, surfing, base jumping, whatever you choose.

|

10/2/2017 10:14 PM

Haro seems to be focused on their old school parts / bikes which is cool , but besides making frames I haven't seen any cool part releases . I get a bunch of riders have part sponsors , but it seems like as if focussing on making modern parts that are genuinely rideable they have milked the small niche of "old school" . I think they should try and have a nice mixture of both , I'd buy it . Instead of old school > frames > budget parts

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/2/2017 10:18 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Haro seems to be focused on their old school parts / bikes which is cool , but besides making frames I haven't seen any cool part releases . I get a bunch of riders have part sponsors , but it seems like as if focussing on making modern parts that are genuinely rideable they have milked the small niche of "old school" . I think they should try and have a nice mixture of both , I'd buy it . Instead of old school > frames > budget parts

Ya, I noticed they were focusing on that, too. People seem to be digging it though. Perhaps a financially sound decision on their part. I personally like contemporary stuff but there is probably a decent market for retro stuff.

|

10/3/2017 1:03 AM

The only brand I particularly don't like is mafia. For reasons that have been discussed plenty of times before.
But there's plenty of brands I'm not a fan of. Pretty much any that aren't fbm, terrible one, s&m, profile, odyssey or g sport. Sunday are quite cool too. And I like a lot of the small companies that you don't hear much from like the make and relic.
I genuinely don't understand how some people have some kind of brand loyalty to a brand that has their parts made in Taiwan. Like you hear kids say federal are the best, but federal don't make their parts so how can they be better than any other brand that has their parts made in the same factory?
Any brand that has oil slick parts I could happily live without.

|

10/3/2017 3:32 AM

The Main brand i don't like (Pun intended) is Mafia, however i respect that Harry is trying to get scooter kids into BMX, scooter kids who may end up being the next generation of locals around the country or world. I would rather have a park full of kids on mafias than a park full of scooters. I also don't like how some people think cult is the answer to everything and buy every part cult even when there are better parts available for the same price.
Another brand i hate is stranger and how they market things. a lot of strangers team seem to have a YouTube channel for the sole purpose of advertising the brand. I would have a lot more respect for Rich Hirsch (or however you spell it) if he had never sponsored John Hicks or Adam Lz. and if he actually PAID is best riders.

Some brands i do like are Fit, Odyssey, Profile, Animal, And any brand that has a huge team and is willing to sacrifice profit margins for the sake of progression.

|

Hmmm

10/3/2017 5:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/3/2017 5:20 AM

I really don't have any issues with any brand. Mongoose & Mafia are doing what they are doing for profit. That segment is where the money is at in our sport. They are pandering to kids who's parents are buying them a bike. Most parents aren't going to drop $400+ for a "kids bike"... let alone a $1000+ custom. I think it's a pleasant benefit that they may be fueling the sport for the future. If they were serious about getting & keeping customers, they'd have higher end bikes & parts available. But they seem to leave that to the other manufacturers to pick up. As for the old school stuff from Haro I think, that too, is purely a marketing/business decision. They are pandering to those of us who lived thru that hay day & miss the "old days". Do you really think those frames need to be $500-$750 in order for them to make a profit? My guess is that they know those who will want them have the money to burn & will spend it if they make it (if you make it, they will spend...). My overall beef is with today's bikes all looking nearly identical. If you pulled all the IDing markers off of different manufactured black bikes, many of them would be indistinguishable from one to the next. Not all, but most. Likewise with parts. SO MANY are nearly identical. Which leads me to my last point (& one that was brought up earlier) all this shit is seemingly being made in the same Taiwanese factory with different "final details" (name engraving, etc...) being applied at the end. Stems, cranks, and handlebars come to mind first.

|

10/3/2017 5:26 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I really don't have any issues with any brand. Mongoose & Mafia are doing what they are doing for profit. That segment is where the money is at in our sport. They are pandering to kids who's parents are buying them a bike. Most parents aren't going to drop $400+ for a "kids bike"... let alone a $1000+ custom. I think it's a pleasant benefit that they may be fueling the sport for the future. If they were serious about getting & keeping customers, they'd have higher end bikes & parts available. But they seem to leave that to the other manufacturers to pick up. As for the old school stuff from Haro I think, that too, is purely a marketing/business decision. They are pandering to those of us who lived thru that hay day & miss the "old days". Do you really think those frames need to be $500-$750 in order for them to make a profit? My guess is that they know those who will want them have the money to burn & will spend it if they make it (if you make it, they will spend...). My overall beef is with today's bikes all looking nearly identical. If you pulled all the IDing markers off of different manufactured black bikes, many of them would be indistinguishable from one to the next. Not all, but most. Likewise with parts. SO MANY are nearly identical. Which leads me to my last point (& one that was brought up earlier) all this shit is seemingly being made in the same Taiwanese factory with different "final details" (name engraving, etc...) being applied at the end. Stems, cranks, and handlebars come to mind first.

I agree with nearly everything you said. Except that Mafia doesnt offer aftermarket parts. They have frames, bars, grips, stems, forks, etc. To support Harry's preferred materials and geo and they also have at least 1 other signature frame for tom justice.

But I mostly agree!

|

10/3/2017 5:29 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

The only brand I particularly don't like is mafia. For reasons that have been discussed plenty of times before.
But there's plenty of brands I'm not a fan of. Pretty much any that aren't fbm, terrible one, s&m, profile, odyssey or g sport. Sunday are quite cool too. And I like a lot of the small companies that you don't hear much from like the make and relic.
I genuinely don't understand how some people have some kind of brand loyalty to a brand that has their parts made in Taiwan. Like you hear kids say federal are the best, but federal don't make their parts so how can they be better than any other brand that has their parts made in the same factory?

Sunday has parts made in taiwan, I think. But they have excellent quality control and a warranty on frames only odyssey could match if they made frames again. But sunday is pretty much odyssey in many ways...

|

10/3/2017 5:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/3/2017 5:35 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

I agree with nearly everything you said. Except that Mafia doesnt offer aftermarket parts. They have frames, bars, grips, stems, forks, etc. To support Harry's preferred materials and geo and they also have at least 1 other signature frame for tom justice.

But I mostly agree!

That is true. Wasn't thinking that out correctly. I guess they really don't market to that crowd tho. They seem to only have that stuff to support their "marketing riders". I guess I was really referring to them not selling at least one full Chromo complete. All their completes are budget.

|

10/3/2017 5:35 AM

Joe Breslin wrote:

On another note, HOW DARE YOU BASH EASTERN!!!!

Just kidding. I don't care who bashes what.

|

10/3/2017 5:42 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

But I mostly agree!

Mishinn_Control wrote:

That is true. Wasn't thinking that out correctly. I guess they really don't market to that crowd tho. They seem to only have that stuff to support their "marketing riders". I guess I was really referring to them not selling at least one full Chromo complete. All their completes are budget.

That is true, but I also think that they understand a more serious rider is not going to buy a high end complete usually. Its usually a preference thing and each rider wants x size bars and x size cranks etc.

They build their completes with the mindset of everything being upgradable so they in turn are skipping the middle ground.

Buy a relatively cheap, hi ten bike to start and slowly replace every part on the bike with better quality components. They are sort of a one stop shop.

I always got jealous of one of my friends. I told him to get the absolute best quality complete he could afford, even gave him 100 of my dollars so he could get exactly what he wanted. He picked a wtp crysis and it is amazing. He crashes nearly as much as I do and he has only had one part fail. His brake lever adjustment nut stripped...i replaced it for him off one of my old bikes...fixed...

He slightly bent one of his cranks on a pretty hard bail but nothing serious.

Anyway back on topic, signature parts sell and mafia is a buisness. Lol

|

10/3/2017 6:23 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

But I mostly agree!

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

That is true, but I also think that they understand a more serious rider is not going to buy a high end complete usually. Its usually a preference thing and each rider wants x size bars and x size cranks etc.

They build their completes with the mindset of everything being upgradable so they in turn are skipping the middle ground.

Buy a relatively cheap, hi ten bike to start and slowly replace every part on the bike with better quality components. They are sort of a one stop shop.

I always got jealous of one of my friends. I told him to get the absolute best quality complete he could afford, even gave him 100 of my dollars so he could get exactly what he wanted. He picked a wtp crysis and it is amazing. He crashes nearly as much as I do and he has only had one part fail. His brake lever adjustment nut stripped...i replaced it for him off one of my old bikes...fixed...

He slightly bent one of his cranks on a pretty hard bail but nothing serious.

Anyway back on topic, signature parts sell and mafia is a buisness. Lol

All good points. As (nearly) always, your wisdom is evident.

BTW, have you seen the Trans Gold on the Eastern Shovelhead?! It's sick!

|

10/3/2017 6:47 AM

I heard good things about it! The trans gold especially.

|

10/3/2017 8:41 AM

Fuck mafia , and fuck stranger too , rich hirsch not paying his riders

|

10/3/2017 8:51 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Fuck mafia , and fuck stranger too , rich hirsch not paying his riders

This

|

Hmmm

10/3/2017 9:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/3/2017 9:55 AM

Harry main is kinda just disgusting in general, he's the type of guy that if you were his best friend of 30 years, hed still fuck your gf. Also I don't like how he pushes unsafe product onto kids. I kinda feel the same about people who support him, just kinda gross and you should get a new role model like Sean burns..

|

10/3/2017 10:16 AM

Stranger just because from what I see they knock off other brands.

|

10/3/2017 10:48 AM

Ya fuck Stranger you won't see me run any of their parts

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/3/2017 12:37 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Sunday has parts made in taiwan, I think. But they have excellent quality control and a warranty on frames only odyssey could match if they made frames again. But sunday is pretty much odyssey in many ways...

Every thing made by Sunday, odyssey, and g sport is all made in Taiwan. But it's real oem. A lot of effort goes into the design and manufacturing process. Whereas, other companies that have parts made in Taiwan are all much the same. Different geometry, maybe different stay bridges etc. But other than that there's very little difference or any effort put into practical design ideas. Wtp are trying a few different things. But they aren't and never have been a rider owned company (owned by a mtb company, hence trying ideas used in mtb. Which in my opinion aren't very well thought through, and don't offer any benefit). I don't dislike wtp, they're just another brand I don't care about.

|

10/3/2017 12:44 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

Every thing made by Sunday, odyssey, and g sport is all made in Taiwan. But it's real oem. A lot of effort goes into the design and manufacturing process. Whereas, other companies that have parts made in Taiwan are all much the same. Different geometry, maybe different stay bridges etc. But other than that there's very little difference or any effort put into practical design ideas. Wtp are trying a few different things. But they aren't and never have been a rider owned company (owned by a mtb company, hence trying ideas used in mtb. Which in my opinion aren't very well thought through, and don't offer any benefit). I don't dislike wtp, they're just another brand I don't care about.

Lol are you referencing the new battleship frame with the larger bearing on the bottom of the headtube?

|

10/3/2017 12:50 PM

bonedeth

|

fack off

10/3/2017 1:12 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

bonedeth

Why?

|

10/3/2017 3:13 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Really?
What company owns them?

|