Least favourites trick?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/22/2015 10:39 PM

So, what tricks do you hate? Wether it's a trick you try all the time and can't get, or that you just think looks horrible.

At the moment, it's flairs for me. Never tried one, never will. I think they look horrible, and I don't like how people do them on everything now. It seems like such an over used and predictable trick for some people to do during a line. I'm not a fan of any flippy whippy spinny trick really, they're very rarely done with any real style. I'd rather see something original, or a nice simple trick done well

|

12/22/2015 10:43 PM

Dubs hard 180 on a downrail
Feeble Nollie bar
Backlashes on cassette
Smith hard like grant c bc he pulls up on his back wheel and it looks nasty

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/22/2015 10:49 PM

Crankflips - small, miniscule, ugly, and unoriginal nowdays.

|

12/22/2015 11:12 PM

To do- Barspins & feeble hard 180s

Barspins because I hate straight barspins, I just dislike doing them. 90° bars on banks are fine though, just hop bars or flyout bars I hate doing.

Feeble hard 180s cause they're hit or miss with me & that's frustrating haha. I randomly lose them then they come back, then I lose them again. It's weird and makes me mad when I wanna land one but can't.

To see- 95% of freecoaster fakies & those 180 ice chink to 180 things

Freecoaster fakies can be cool but I fucking despise seeing like a grind to hard 180, to super ugly & slow coasting fakie, shitty half cab out… if that makes sense. And when people bitch hop with just their rear end during the fakie.

As for the 180 ice chink to 180, I just hate how they look and for awhile they were being overdone. 180 backwards ice GRINDS to 180 though are cool but again I hate when they're just a quick chink

|

12/22/2015 11:58 PM

i remember the first one handed tailwhip, sooo ugly!!! i still hate that trick, but nothing beat a 360 tailwhip backflip, it look like a spermatozoid on meth....

|

12/23/2015 12:35 AM

I've got mad love for people that ride a freecoaster properly, 100% agree with how ugly it looks when people land sketchy going 0mph after 180ing from a grind though. Just go faster at it and roll out properly!!!

One trick I really struggle getting consistent is manny 180s. One day I can do them without trying, the next I land 90 degree every go.
I've also been trying pedal feeble hard 180, they're hard, really really hard!

|

12/23/2015 2:58 AM

Crankfuckingflips

Fuck swaggy and not difficult , look stupid in my opinion . Unless youre doing them in fullcabs or some crazy line , doesn't make sense when you can throw the bees or do a no footed can or something .

If you have fun though it doesn't matter .

To be honest I'll probably end up doing them eventually and liking them .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/23/2015 3:39 AM

Foot jam and any foot jam variations.

It just kills any flow your run might have had

Most of the time when i see a foot jam on an edit at least twice, i close my browser and watch skateboarding videos instead.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

12/23/2015 4:25 AM

Any sort of trick that involves pegs and grinding.

I just hate pegs and grinds, don't know why. It just saps all your momentum and energy.

I like foot jams tho. Actually, they can have good flow IF they are used at the correct place, correct time.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

12/23/2015 5:04 AM

I hate to jump on this anti-crankflip bandwagon, but I kinda have to agree.

|

If it ain't broke...

12/23/2015 5:51 AM

Straight crankflips, I think they look silly.

Same with no footers out of grinds smile

But whips are the trick I hate, because I had them briefly, and cannot do them anymore. Plus they took a stupid amount of time for me to get.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/23/2015 7:20 AM

Tailwhips and barspins

|

12/23/2015 7:48 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Tailwhips and barspins

I don't dislike tailwhips or bars. I hate when they're over used though. There's no need for every line to have b's in it, especially multiple. Same with whips, it all depends how and what they're done on.

Same goes for footjams as well, sometimes they ruin a line, sometimes they enhance it. Doing one on something unusual is always good to see.

|

12/23/2015 9:24 AM

Anything done on a foot high ledge or flat rail

|

12/23/2015 10:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/23/2015 10:18 AM

i know they're really hard and i cant do one but mid-air decades, not flatland. I just think they look retarded because the rider has to tuck into little ball and yeah...

|

12/23/2015 11:07 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Tailwhips and barspins

grumpySteve wrote:

I don't dislike tailwhips or bars. I hate when they're over used though. There's no need for every line to have b's in it, ...more

I don't dislike this rider cause he's an absolute beast on a bike but when it comes to whips and bars being overused Daniel Sandoval comes to mind

|

12/23/2015 11:22 AM

also nose manuals without the bar out

|

12/23/2015 11:29 AM

Double peg easy 180
Barspins, i landed a few but i can't do them and they caused me so much anger. They can be legit if you do them rarely though.
Manuals
"Grinds" with plastic pegs

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

12/23/2015 11:40 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Double peg easy 180
Barspins, i landed a few but i can't do them and they caused me so much anger. They can be legit if you do ...more

"it's about grindin not slidin, steel is real"
- Reed Stark 2015

|

12/23/2015 12:44 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I've got mad love for people that ride a freecoaster properly, 100% agree with how ugly it looks when people land sketchy ...more

I also agree on slow fakies with a freecoaster. I LOVE watching burly fast fakie lines with a FC though

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

12/23/2015 12:49 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Double peg easy 180
Barspins, i landed a few but i can't do them and they caused me so much anger. They can be legit if you do ...more

oahz24 wrote:

"it's about grindin not slidin, steel is real"
- Reed Stark 2015

Reed's a good dude, but I gotta say plastic sleeves and pegs have allowed BMX into more places where it wasn't legal, and it minimizes our footprint in the streets, so less riders get blamed for damages.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/24/2015 1:16 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Reed's a good dude, but I gotta say plastic sleeves and pegs have allowed BMX into more places where it wasn't legal, and it ...more

Deep down in my heart I want plastics, but I'm a high school student and I don't want to shell out $85 on friggin pegs.

|

12/24/2015 1:21 PM

oahz24 wrote:

Deep down in my heart I want plastics, but I'm a high school student and I don't want to shell out $85 on friggin pegs.

don't give in to peer pressure. keep metal.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands