Let’s talk spots...

Related:
Create New Tag

7/28/2020 4:36 AM

Riding new things has always been one of the aspects I like most about BMX. The diversity of terrain we can ride means the world is basically our oyster. I’ve got a list of favourites I’ve ridden, places that I hope to ride one day and places that I never got to ride. There’s a pretty varied crew on here too, so I’m interested to see what sort of things you lot like riding!

Some personal favourites...

Five Dock Bowl, Sydney, Australia Photo

Bondi bowl, Sydney, Australia. Photo

Unit 23, Glasgow, Scotland. Photo

The Spot, London, England.Photo

Reservoir, Western NSW, Australia.Photo

East Side Ramp, Austin, TX.
Photo

Lockhart, Texas. Photo

I really wish I got to ride the T1 Ramp or The Unit, spent way too many high school classes daydreaming about those places. As far as dream spots go, I hope to make it to Hastings in Vancouver one day, and if I can ever get the line on Clint Reynolds yard, that’d be lovely...

|

7/28/2020 7:23 AM

I rode both Madison and Milwaukee 4 seasons, been to most of the spots in Road Fools 8 in MN and a bunch of WI spots. Rode downtown Charlotte NC one night when I was down there, otherwise most of my riding has been pretty local.

https://www.pinkbike.com/video/402429/ First half of RF8

https://www.pinkbike.com/video/402437/ Second half

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/29/2020 4:02 AM

I also always wanted to hit Woodward East and West, but I doubt those will happen.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/29/2020 8:37 AM

The only iconic spot I've ever rode was Springfield courthouses. It's barely an icon, but I've seen it in a few videos and some skate posters. I had no idea it was an iconic spot because it was just a local thing we always rode back then and I barely had any footing in the BMX community. Still love the place and there's some dream tricks I would like to try there.

|

sponsor me

7/29/2020 9:21 AM

I just want to ride somewhere where the ground is nearly perfectly flat and really smooth. The basketball courts by the parking lot at the park I ride in is not so hot. It's old. Has low spots and cracks. Etc. I need to got check it out a bit better but there's no lights there so I can go there at night anyways... Which is when I typically work on my tricks. The parking lot is pretty good but it has a gradual slope. It's newish so it's pretty smooth for blacktop.

The skatepark has a super smooth surface and I love the flat spots there. But even my local one has kind of a grade. I I'm sure it's for water run off. I don't know of any other basketball courts I could ride on though. That would be nice to find one in good shape with lights.

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun

7/29/2020 9:54 AM

Rays Mtb Park.

Also rented Chenga for two hours on a friday night. That was killer to have the place to ourselves.

|

7/29/2020 10:24 AM

I never got to go to the college with all of the brick setups in Dusseldorf. This photo certainly doesn't do it justice, but should make you understand what I'm talking about. The whole school looked amazing. I'm not sure what is still there / ridable, but it's my understanding the spot is basically done.

Photo

|

7/29/2020 10:44 AM

Favorite spots have to be the old Clairemont Skatepark, The Hanger at Woodward West, and the old New Venture skatepark in Oceanside, CA.

Places I've wanted to ride:

I've always wanted to ride Gorge road trails in NZ.

[img]https://img.redbull.com/images/c_limit,w_1500,h_1000,f_auto,q_auto/redbullcom/2014/02/06/1331632088255_4/dirt-jump-trails-gorge-road-bike-park-queenstown-new-zealand[/img]

I've also wish I could have ridden the incline club, the kitchen, & the bakery before they got torn down.

|

7/29/2020 10:44 AM

after growing up in america which such tightly regulated architecture (sidewalks, rails, banks, etc) and the decreasing number of spots being built cause designers are aware of skate-ability

I then went to mexico with my bmx
handrails are every size, outledges and hubbas are everywhere.its like a giant skate plaza. if you go to the mountain towns, there are massive banks to wallrides everywhere.

the street riding in mexico is so good "the handicap ramps go to vert"

|

wallride a bus everyday

7/29/2020 10:46 AM

ive also travelled for years out of my truck and found an ungodly amount of spots, especially in old rural bumfuck towns that havent seen any upgrades in 50 years.

but when i went to mexico... omg, amazing spots everwhere

|

wallride a bus everyday

7/29/2020 12:59 PM

My list is...

1. Barcelona Sea Walls

Photo

2. Mosqueda Bike Park

Photo

3. Woodward West

4. Unit 23's Hall 2

5. Adrenaline Alley

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

7/31/2020 4:15 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I rode both Madison and Milwaukee 4 seasons, been to most of the spots in Road Fools 8 in MN and a bunch of WI spots. Rode downtown Charlotte NC one night when I was down there, otherwise most of my riding has been pretty local.

https://www.pinkbike.com/video/402429/ First half of RF8

https://www.pinkbike.com/video/402437/ Second half

Man, Milwaukee 4 seasons has always looked like such a good time. Seems like a solid scene there too!

|

7/31/2020 4:20 AM

kylecarlson wrote:

I never got to go to the college with all of the brick setups in Dusseldorf. This photo certainly doesn't do it justice, but should make you understand what I'm talking about. The whole school looked amazing. I'm not sure what is still there / ridable, but it's my understanding the spot is basically done.

Photo

I remember this! Maybe Road Fools Europe? Like a real-life Tony Hawk's level. I think Dugan and Homan rode something similar in Germany for the last fit video also.

|

7/31/2020 4:21 AM

baglagrupie wrote:

Rays Mtb Park.

Also rented Chenga for two hours on a friday night. That was killer to have the place to ourselves.

Ray's is the default. It seems like it's always expanding! Ooooh original Chenga? Hallowed ground

|

7/31/2020 4:22 AM

buttmeate wrote:

after growing up in america which such tightly regulated architecture (sidewalks, rails, banks, etc) and the decreasing number of spots being built cause designers are aware of skate-ability

I then went to mexico with my bmx
handrails are every size, outledges and hubbas are everywhere.its like a giant skate plaza. if you go to the mountain towns, there are massive banks to wallrides everywhere.

the street riding in mexico is so good "the handicap ramps go to vert"

Sounds like my kinda place! Transition spots are too few and far between in Aus as well

|

7/31/2020 4:24 AM

BrodieB wrote:

Man, Milwaukee 4 seasons has always looked like such a good time. Seems like a solid scene there too!

I've been there twice and it was awesome both times, the box jump side was SO hard to clear, seemed like no matter how fast I went I couldn't do it.

Madison had the best box I've ever ridden-the faster you went the higher you went, but you COULDN'T overshoot somehow.

LOVED it.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/31/2020 4:27 AM

I forgot I rode Louisville before the redid it. That was a huge goal of mine from the first BMX Plus! ad that I saw of it being built. I made it there as part of the same trip that put me in Charlotte NC.

The ONLY things that sucked was slicing the crap out of my shin from a pedal (THROUGH PANTS BUT PANTS DID NOT TEAR) and the weird kid who started trying to 1 up me no matter what I did. Oh and only having time for a few hours there.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/31/2020 4:28 AM

readybmxer wrote:

My list is...

1. Barcelona Sea Walls

Photo

2. Mosqueda Bike Park

Photo

3. Woodward West

4. Unit 23's Hall 2

5. Adrenaline Alley

That is a solid list of spots, Mosqueda has always seemed unfathomably big. Adrenaline Alley is one of those ones, like Rays, default bucket list, and seemingly ever improving. Ya know, I spent 2 days at unit 23 and I spent most of it in Hall 1. I made it as far as the box jump rhythm in hall 2. Probably the most surreal place I've ever ridden!

|

7/31/2020 4:40 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I forgot I rode Louisville before the redid it. That was a huge goal of mine from the first BMX Plus! ad that I saw of it being built. I made it there as part of the same trip that put me in Charlotte NC.

The ONLY things that sucked was slicing the crap out of my shin from a pedal (THROUGH PANTS BUT PANTS DID NOT TEAR) and the weird kid who started trying to 1 up me no matter what I did. Oh and only having time for a few hours there.

Good box jumps are too few and far between, sounds like a good time! Louisville! man! That's the first thing I remember seeing with massive, crazy bowls and a full pipe. I'd love to go there some day, even with it being redone. Kids like that are always a bummer, and there seems to be one at every big regional park too.

|

7/31/2020 6:25 AM

readybmxer wrote:

My list is...

1. Barcelona Sea Walls

Photo

2. Mosqueda Bike Park

Photo

3. Woodward West

4. Unit 23's Hall 2

5. Adrenaline Alley

If the choice was Woodward West or East, it would be east for me.

|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

8/2/2020 6:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/2/2020 11:12 PM

|