Lets talk about tires..

Related:
Create New Tag

4/29/2013 1:32 PM

I need a new front tire, and im SUPER cautious when it comes to buying anything for my bike. Like, i like to do lots of research and stuff. Anyway i have a few tires that im interested in and if anyone could give me any pros/cons about them that would be great. I mainly ride street, so grip isnt that much of a concern but i do want some because i get weird with dirt/grass/gravel stuff sometimes.

-Animal MTT
this tire seems really nice, with the smooth ish rolling centerline and it seems grippy on turns. Its nice and big, but idk about the 75 psi?
-Animal GLH
know this is a legit tire
-Demolition Machete
-Aitken tire
-Fit faf(not sure what size)
im a bit iffy about this tire. Heard lots of good, but also lots of bad about it

uh thats about it, suggestions are cool too. thanks

|

virginia beach ~ instagram: @_harru_ ~ 4pegz

4/29/2013 1:38 PM

75psi is really all you need. I run 65psi on my bikes. I ride street & i never have any problems with cruising around & its better on your wrists! Cant go wrong with any Animal tyre tbh. TWW are sweet inflate to nearly the size of an MTT & have a smoother street tread if the knobblyness of the MTT is a factor?

|

4/29/2013 1:41 PM

Odyssey Aitkens are some beast ass tires.
Animal TWWs aren't bad either.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/29/2013 1:42 PM

Topsey wrote:

75psi is really all you need. I run 65psi on my bikes. I ride street & i never have any problems with cruising around ...more

Alright cool. Yeah i run around 70 psi but does the maximum psi mean that at 75 the MTT will feel really hard, or will it feel the same that a, say 110, psi tire would at 70 psi? Sorry that was probably pretty confusing :/ and i was considering the MTT because of the knobby tread so yeah

|

4/29/2013 1:44 PM

Topsey wrote:

75psi is really all you need. I run 65psi on my bikes. I ride street & i never have any problems with cruising around ...more

sketo wrote:

Alright cool. Yeah i run around 70 psi but does the maximum psi mean that at 75 the MTT will feel really hard, or will it feel ...more

Nah it should feel like a 75psi tire.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/29/2013 1:45 PM

andyferly wrote:

Odyssey Aitkens are some beast ass tires.
Animal TWWs aren't bad either.

This. you can never go wrong with some aitkens

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

4/29/2013 1:49 PM

I've had my machete for quite awhile and i've been happy with it. Don't think i've ever slipped out on any terrain with it, great all around tread that doesn't limit what you ride. All the tires you listed though seem to be great proven tires that alot of people like

|

4/29/2013 1:54 PM

I couldnt get on with Aitkens myself. Prefer semi slick tyres. Running E-Comets right now. Gunna be running TWW-Rs on the new bike. As i mentioned any Animal tyre are quality cant really go wrong smile

|

4/29/2013 2:11 PM

100 to 110 psi is the way to go......faster and better for the rims

|

4/29/2013 2:54 PM

gonna go with the MTT but im gonna try to get a few more months out of my old tire so i can geet the big 4 bars at the same time
:D

|

4/29/2013 4:59 PM

i ride street to and i have the fit faf in 2.35 and its great i do a lot of footjams sliders and even a couple times road over glass and havent gotten a flat and the tire still looks new

|