Let's talk goofy footedness.

Related:
Create New Tag

1/19/2014 7:35 PM

Some of you might know how seriously fuck footed I am, and I know some of you guys are too.

This isn't a discussion like other threads where you list what tricks you do that are goofy footed or whatever, I'm just curious as to what you guys do when you're fuck footed for a trick, like footjams for instance.

Do you change your footing to make it easier? Or do you just learn it switch?

For instance, I'm right foot forward, spin naturally to the right (fuck footed) but I footjam with my right foot which is correct. But due to the way I spin, footjam 180s were sketchy to learn since I can't footjam with my right foot & spin to the right. I tried, and it's so awkward if I can manage to get them. Therefore I just spin to the left, which is switch for me, and much easier to do the footjam 180, thus just learning switch rather than changing my footing to learn the trick.

Thought this might spark some neat stories, let's hear some!

|

1/19/2014 7:39 PM

I'm not fuck footed but I've heard it makes lookbacks super nice to do.....do you do lookbacks ?

|

1/19/2014 7:42 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I'm not fuck footed but I've heard it makes lookbacks super nice to do.....do you do lookbacks ?

Can't for the life of me figure that trick or turndowns out. I've done everything everyone on here told me & watched how-to's, but I don't get them for some reason haha. I think doing a lot of x-ups fucked me up for that cause most all my attempts end up in a motowhip/x-up thingy

|

1/19/2014 7:47 PM

I'm fuck footed with some tricks and others not. It's to the point where when I am learning a trick, I also try and learn it oppo/switcho/a combo of both. Kinda weird. It can be helpful tho, like if a pull a fuck footed 180 I can gap way higher. Also makes my riding a lot more versatile, although it is a lot more work.

|

Insta: @devicacy

1/19/2014 7:47 PM

Bummer dude they are fun tricks .....when i lookback I have to hit hips opposite .....just started getting higher opposite airs I want to opposite air lookback quarters this year going to be scary as fuck ....I think if I was fuck footed they would be not scary at all

|

1/19/2014 7:48 PM

I'm fuck footed to I air out the the right when i'm left foot forward but spin left I throw bars with my right hand I am just fucked up I can't do foot jams because I always eat shit

|

trading primo wheels hmu
Text for faster reply 503-957-1330

1/19/2014 7:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/19/2014 7:56 PM

Airing to the right when left foot forward is normal the spin left odd......my buddy's regular but can spin both directions but when he does barspin disasters he had to spin opposite kind of weird

|

1/19/2014 8:01 PM

Only things im goofy with is barspins. I spin the bars the wrong way making truckdrivers practically 360 double bars haha I can do oppo stuff. Like oppo 180 and oppo 360 sometimes.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/19/2014 8:14 PM

BikeWindellsDirt wrote:

I'm fuck footed to I air out the the right when i'm left foot forward but spin left I throw bars with my right hand I am just fucked up I can't do foot jams because I always eat shit

I was the opposite, I'm right foot forward, spin right, but aired spinning to the left. Awhile back though I tried airing spinning to the right and it felt so much more natural but scarier

|

1/19/2014 8:17 PM

this is how i do footjam whips
|

1/19/2014 8:22 PM

I'm left foot foreword and today trying 180s, I realized I try spinning left, is that "bad"

|

1/19/2014 8:28 PM

I'm goofy as fuck. It makes everything harder but I can call switch tricks haha.

I ride LEFT FOOT FORWARD.

Spin left
Grind right
Whip right (counterclockwise , push with front foot)
Throw right (clockwise , into back foot)

Everything is weird haha. Whatever , it's different. I hate tailwhips though like how I am.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/19/2014 9:10 PM

I'm goofy-footed and ride left foot forward which is very common, unlike the rare right-foot people who are goofy like you. Anyhow, I still throw bars with my left hand and footjam with my left foot, which are some of the things I can still do regular. and of course, we have all had to fix our indian givers. Anyone in this century who still does indian givers is just plain ignorant in my opinion. Also giving pedal pressure with the switch foot had to be fixed, so cab tricks were kind of a bitch to practice at first. And airing is also weird as mentioned. Airing "switch" to the natural side feels easier, but airing to the natural/ goofy side feels more natural but weird.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

1/19/2014 9:13 PM

spin right, left foot forward, grind right. it makes feeble 180s easier. i also wall ride my non peg side so it also makes wall rides easier.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

1/19/2014 9:15 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

spin right, left foot forward, grind right. it makes feeble 180s easier. i also wall ride my non peg side so it also makes wall rides easier.

Yo get on.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

1/19/2014 9:17 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

I'm left foot foreword and today trying 180s, I realized I try spinning left, is that "bad"

well if u think its too late to to spin right keep spinning left , then when u wanna learn switch 180s , you will kick ass at them

|

1/19/2014 9:48 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

chad88 wrote:

well if u think its too late to to spin right keep spinning left , then when u wanna learn switch 180s , you will kick ass at them

Nowhere near too late, I'll keep trying tomorrow! When I couldn't manual, I fell on my ass and bruised my tailbone. So I used the motivation that next time it would hurt a crapload more to fall.

|

1/20/2014 1:05 AM

Wait is goofy right foot forward?

|

bicycle more like bikecycle

1/20/2014 3:25 AM

ok, how do people do tbogs? I've been playing about with them a bit and i realised that (looks this way from the web) most people keep their right hand on if theyre rff, yet thats the hand i take off to grab my seat.... so is there anything this is gunna make awkward?
Im just a normal rff, spin left grind right kinda guy

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

1/20/2014 8:33 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

ok, how do people do tbogs? I've been playing about with them a bit and i realised that (looks this way from the web) most people keep their right hand on if theyre rff, yet thats the hand i take off to grab my seat.... so is there anything this is gunna make awkward?
Im just a normal rff, spin left grind right kinda guy

Your not doing it the normal way but I don't see how it would be a problem, in fact I think Air T-Bogs look kind of cool like that.

I do Goofy Footed Tables. It is kind of annoying for Table Airs, which I can do in an Opposite Air and I can nearly do normal Table Airs. It is actually an advantage for Intables (Which are one of my favourite trick) and One-footed Tables however.

I also do Goofy Footjams, as a result I suck at them.

|

1/20/2014 12:00 PM

I imagine it would be easier to spin to the right if you were footjamming with your right foot. My point is invalid because i've never tried footjamming, but i would've thought turning your bike away from the foot you're jamming with would flick the back of the bike into your foot. But turning the bike towards the foot you're jamming with flicks it away, so it wouldn't hit it/get caught on it. However, there is the possibility that i'm being super stupid right now.

|

1/20/2014 12:04 PM

Zhuxiong wrote:

I imagine it would be easier to spin to the right if you were footjamming with your right foot. My point is invalid because i've never tried footjamming, but i would've thought turning your bike away from the foot you're jamming with would flick the back of the bike into your foot. But turning the bike towards the foot you're jamming with flicks it away, so it wouldn't hit it/get caught on it. However, there is the possibility that i'm being super stupid right now.

It's super awkward. I can only do them out of flyouts and can't land them very well.

|

1/20/2014 12:25 PM

Well, the guy in the video posted in that other thread "Chill street riding" or whatever it was, he jams with his left foot and spins to his let and looks pretty comfortable doing it. It's another thing that made me think spinning towards your jammed foot would be more ideal.

|

1/20/2014 10:23 PM

Zhuxiong wrote:

Well, the guy in the video posted in that other thread "Chill street riding" or whatever it was, he jams with his left foot and spins to his let and looks pretty comfortable doing it. It's another thing that made me think spinning towards your jammed foot would be more ideal.

Not really, but sometimes the jamming foot can be the dominant foot which is also different from natural footing. So it may be easier to do switch hang fives and peg tricks, or giving pedal pressure.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

1/21/2014 1:56 AM

^Well there's the answer then. I'd say just let your body do what it wants to do.If you naturally plant right and naturally spin right, do that and learn to be good at it that way.

|