Let's talk tires!

Related:
Create New Tag

7/13/2013 10:35 PM

I wear out tires fast. I dont really do sliders or anything like that, i ride a ton! I spend every minute possible riding, so my tires go quickly. I know rubber compounds can be hard or soft. And that some tires are thicker than others. My question is: what is the hardest/ longest lasting rubber used in a tire? Which tire has it? I had a Glh and it lasted maybe3-4 months. Which is the longest a tire has lasted for me. Basically all im asking is what rubber is best in a tire? And does anyone know anything about tire manufacturing and rubber compounds??

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/13/2013 10:48 PM

Odyssey Aitken. Been on mine for over two years now and still have plenty of life left.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

7/13/2013 10:50 PM

I'd also like to know, all the Tyres I seem to get always last exactly 6 months except for the Dirt Monster I currently have up front.

|

7/13/2013 10:55 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Odyssey Aitken. Been on mine for over two years now and still have plenty of life left.

I have one on the Back right now, had it 6 Months, at it does look a little worn, but it looks fine. However in the last 6 days I have got no less than 8 completely unrelated surface punctures.

|

7/13/2013 10:58 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

I have one on the Back right now, had it 6 Months, at it does look a little worn, but it looks fine. However in the last 6 days I have got no less than 8 completely unrelated surface punctures.

I haven't had one flat or puncture on my Aitken. Although I'm gonna be replacing it soon because the tread is too shallow for dirt and stuff now.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

7/13/2013 11:05 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Odyssey Aitken. Been on mine for over two years now and still have plenty of life left.

BMX_Forever wrote:

I have one on the Back right now, had it 6 Months, at it does look a little worn, but it looks fine. However in the last 6 days I have got no less than 8 completely unrelated surface punctures.

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I haven't had one flat or puncture on my Aitken. Although I'm gonna be replacing it soon because the tread is too shallow for dirt and stuff now.

Well I didn't get a single one for 5 Months and I'm known to get punctures but now I get them pretty much every session.

|

7/13/2013 11:19 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Odyssey Aitken. Been on mine for over two years now and still have plenty of life left.

I burn out aitkens way too fast for it to be funny. i burnt one out in a month (Plyte). sucks. not hard enough rubber or something.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/14/2013 12:10 AM

are odyssey aitken good for street and park?

|

7/14/2013 12:23 AM

Odyssey aitken street are the best tire I've ever run

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

7/14/2013 12:24 AM

CptnNick wrote:

are odyssey aitken good for street and park?

Although i do wear tires remarkably fast, these are great for street, park, and dirt. there is no tire that grips as good as this one that also rolls super quick! It is great for it!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/14/2013 12:44 AM

CptnNick wrote:

are odyssey aitken good for street and park?

MaximusBikes wrote:

Although i do wear tires remarkably fast, these are great for street, park, and dirt. there is no tire that grips as good as this one that also rolls super quick! It is great for it!

i run 2 fit fafs right now. i mostly ride street and a little park do you think i should just switch both of my tires out for aitkens?

|

7/14/2013 12:55 AM

CptnNick wrote:

are odyssey aitken good for street and park?

MaximusBikes wrote:

Although i do wear tires remarkably fast, these are great for street, park, and dirt. there is no tire that grips as good as this one that also rolls super quick! It is great for it!

CptnNick wrote:

i run 2 fit fafs right now. i mostly ride street and a little park do you think i should just switch both of my tires out for aitkens?

Yes. I see so many bald FAFs its not even funny, definitely get aitkens. Get a 2.25 plytes! They are nice! But i think that an Animal GLH for the rear in 2.1 is great, holds up to anything you can throw at in and a 2.25 Aitken in the front would be perfect.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/14/2013 1:43 AM

aitkens are great im running klytes front and back and they have lasted a year now and still going strong and i ride every day street and park and only every got one flat and run them over there max psi

|

ride or die

7/14/2013 1:48 AM

blackrose wrote:

aitkens are great im running klytes front and back and they have lasted a year now and still going strong and i ride every day street and park and only every got one flat and run them over there max psi

What's the difference between k-lytes, p-lytes, and the regular aitkens?

|

7/14/2013 1:56 AM

blackrose wrote:

aitkens are great im running klytes front and back and they have lasted a year now and still going strong and i ride every day street and park and only every got one flat and run them over there max psi

CptnNick wrote:

What's the difference between k-lytes, p-lytes, and the regular aitkens?

K-Lytes are Kevlar bead, and I think P-Lytes have a special rubber compound, but I think the K-Lytes use the same compound.

|

7/14/2013 1:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/14/2013 1:59 AM

blackrose wrote:

aitkens are great im running klytes front and back and they have lasted a year now and still going strong and i ride every day street and park and only every got one flat and run them over there max psi

CptnNick wrote:

What's the difference between k-lytes, p-lytes, and the regular aitkens?

klytes are folding tires and plytes are not and i think klyte have a higher psi and klyte are lighter then plyte but im not sure

|

ride or die

7/14/2013 1:57 AM

blackrose wrote:

aitkens are great im running klytes front and back and they have lasted a year now and still going strong and i ride every day street and park and only every got one flat and run them over there max psi

CptnNick wrote:

What's the difference between k-lytes, p-lytes, and the regular aitkens?

BMX_Forever wrote:

K-Lytes are Kevlar bead, and I think P-Lytes have a special rubber compound, but I think the K-Lytes use the same compound.

Plytes actually just have a thinner casing from what i can tell.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/14/2013 2:01 AM

and klytes cost more plytes

|

ride or die

7/14/2013 2:03 AM

CptnNick wrote:

What's the difference between k-lytes, p-lytes, and the regular aitkens?

BMX_Forever wrote:

K-Lytes are Kevlar bead, and I think P-Lytes have a special rubber compound, but I think the K-Lytes use the same compound.

MaximusBikes wrote:

Plytes actually just have a thinner casing from what i can tell.

Just checked, it seems to be a casing using a different material, which is stronger, but it is a lot thinner so it is overall weaker.

|

7/14/2013 2:12 AM

heres what i found on odyssey about them

P-Lyte
P-Lyte tires upgrade the casing we use on our original tires with our unique, extremely durable and lightweight P-Lyte casing.
Available on the Hawk, Aitken, Ross, Path, Dirt Path and Frequency G tires
Photo

K-Lyte
Our K-Lyte tires combine all of our most advanced tire technologies into one tire. Having both our special durable and light weight P-Lyte casing and our ultra lightweight foldable bead.
Available on the Aitken, Ross, Path, Dirt Path and Frequency G tires.
Photo

|

ride or die

7/14/2013 2:18 AM

thanks guys I'm definitely going to look into getting some p-lytes probably soon or when I wear out my fafs

|

7/14/2013 2:26 AM

Do you guys know much about the odyssey path? I was thinking of putting a path in the back and the aitken in the front

|

7/14/2013 2:39 AM

CptnNick wrote:

Do you guys know much about the odyssey path? I was thinking of putting a path in the back and the aitken in the front

That was one of my favorite combos, super grippy and pretty fast!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/14/2013 2:45 AM

if you go with any ody tires you be good as gold

|

ride or die

7/14/2013 3:17 AM

Aitken street and a path in the arse end is a great combo

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

7/14/2013 7:36 AM

CptnNick wrote:

Do you guys know much about the odyssey path? I was thinking of putting a path in the back and the aitken in the front

MaximusBikes wrote:

That was one of my favorite combos, super grippy and pretty fast!

Get the new eclat ridgestone tires I think thats what their called their suppper thick

|

Bang Bang bmx

7/14/2013 10:26 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

I'd also like to know, all the Tyres I seem to get always last exactly 6 months except for the Dirt Monster I currently have up front.

i run that in the front too never flats or wears down

|