Limited Lifetime Warranty? wtf

Related:
Create New Tag

5/21/2010 2:49 PM

Uh, so whats Limited "Lifetime" Warranty mean? It says that on the united squad forks that i just bought, and I dont get it.

I mean if its Lifetime, its for your life....but if its limited its only for a short time?
Does this mean its only if you live a short life? Im so confused...

|

I ride 2 wheelers for stacks.

5/21/2010 2:51 PM

It means if you send it back with a bunch of hammer marks on it,they wont replace it.It has no bearing on the time.

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

5/21/2010 2:59 PM

yeah thats what it means. they could really find a better way to describe it though. like, i was confused the first time too...

|

dont think of it as rape, think of it as surprise sex. and who doesnt love a surprise?

5/21/2010 4:29 PM

bloghogs wrote:

It means if you send it back with a bunch of hammer marks on it,they wont replace it.It has no bearing on the time.

this.it just helps them out so if they have any reason that they didnt break on their own they dont have to replace it.

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

5/21/2010 4:36 PM

if you go beating the shit out of a pair of cranks and scraping the shit out of them on a sidewalk and bending them and you send them back, they wont replace them.

if they snap when youre riding them, they will replace them.

i think its kindof like a natural accident kindof thing.

|

im alex, and i like to ride my bike.
MOTW 5/24/2010 - 5/30/2010.
BOTM february 2011.

5/21/2010 6:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 2:37 AM

Limited lifetime warranty basically means they will replace the product if it fails under whatever circumstances they've governed.

Odyssey forks for example they have a limited lifetime warranty against bending, breaking, etc under 'normal' riding circumstances. Like for instance, say you jumped a double and you over shot the landing and landed a little too hard and your fork bent. They would replace that. Or if you double pegged a ledge and one of the dropouts bent.

Not normal meaning, you purposely beat the crap out of the part or it got ran over by a truck or something.

It all just really depends on the company...

|

This message is brought to you by JonathanAllen.

[LINK TO IMAGE]
This is Red Panda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_panda

MOTW 5/17/2010 - 5/23/2010

5/21/2010 6:48 PM

JonathanAllen wrote:

Limited lifetime warranty basically means they will replace the product if it fails under whatever circumstances they've governed.

Odyssey forks for example they have a limited lifetime warranty against bending, breaking, etc under 'normal' riding circumstances. Like for instance, say you jumped a double and you over shot the landing and landed a little too hard and your fork bent. They would replace that. Or if you double pegged a ledge and one of the dropouts bent.

Not normal meaning, you purposely beat the crap out of the part or it got ran over by a truck or something.

It all just really depends on the company...

this this this!

|

REFS: Spikez5, Wolfen, ryanxanimalbmx, BangDaStreets, coryridesbmx, Tory Tapia(Michael916), hxcpride4, Mduda005, bstick(x2), ChristianJames, ilovemybike22, element4all, ultrablade, Brenden1207, ScramHype(x2)
Bmx-forum: xmashuelx, jwnolte,