Little kids at the skatepark depreciation thread

Related:
Create New Tag

8/26/2014 6:50 PM

Rant thread.

There needs to be a fucking age limit or some kind of "skate park etiquette" course you need to pass in order to ride a skate park.

I just got home from a park, and there were kids, couldn't be any older than 7 or 8, just flying around the park on their mountain bikes and walmart bmx bikes. Other than that, the park was empty besides me and my friends.

We were riding, and they kept just doing circles and not taking turns. We told them multiple times "hey, you guys gotta watch out or you're gonna run into someone." Them, being kids, didn't comprehend that apparently and we had to repeatedly tell them to watch out, or take turns, so I finally had enough and one got in my way when I went to hit the rail causing me to almost eat shit, so I just finally told them "Alright if you're all gonna keep getting in the fucking way I'm just gonna start running into you all, alright? Alright." And just went. They moved obviously, but a Superhero mom with the superpower of being fat & bitchy, came over and starts yelling at us for "disrespecting her kids" and "being older so we should help them learn"

We told her we told them to watch our multiple times, but she ignored that, and told us if we hit her kids she's gonna "smack us upside the fucking head, ya'll don't talk to my kids like that"

We told her once again they need to watch out, and she told us to take turns. She told US to take turns, when her idiot kids are flying around the park not letting US take turns. She then said something about "Calling dad to come here" so I guess she was gonna get her husband to come have a word with us idk

The kids continued getting in our way and I overheard the mom tell her kids "if they're respectful, then move out of their way and give them a turn. If not, don't let them go and get in their way and keep doing what you're doing."

Fuck, people like that piss me the hell off. I hate kids.

/rant

/csb

|

8/26/2014 6:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2014 6:56 PM

This sucks, I never ride a busy park for this reason.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

8/26/2014 6:57 PM

I had a mom tell me I couldn't use a certain part of the park because her son gets nervous around older boys and then she said "The park is for everybody, it needs to be shared and there is plenty to go around." So she told ME to share but her son didn't have to. So I didn't get to ride the mini bowl that day.

Some people are just so damned stupid.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

8/26/2014 6:58 PM

That's when you go high speed and high amplitude and wait for them to cut you off and just destroy one of them

|

8/26/2014 7:10 PM

It's usually the spoiled white kids that do this in the park.

It's hilarious when they bump full speed into each other and start crying though. lol.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

8/26/2014 7:13 PM

eskimojay wrote:

That's when you go high speed and high amplitude and wait for them to cut you off and just destroy one of them

I would've but I'm still healing up from a back injury so I'd probably hurt myself more haha.

|

8/26/2014 7:17 PM

I took a group of 8 year olds with scooters to our local last year. I sat them down, had them listen to me explain Park etiquette while their parents listened. Then we talked with the large group of skaters and asked politely if we could use one section of the park to learn so we would be out of the way and they could keep the lines they were wanting to use without worry of the kids or parents causing a problem.
It was an amazing session and now there are 7 new kids that know Park etiquette without being afraid or getting yelled at and love being at the skate Park.

|

8/26/2014 7:20 PM

genesis wrote:

I took a group of 8 year olds with scooters to our local last year. I sat them down, had them listen to me explain Park ...more

This is awesome, that's how you do it.

|

8/26/2014 7:24 PM

Stocksy wrote:

I had a mom tell me I couldn't use a certain part of the park because her son gets nervous around older boys and then she said ...more

That sounds shitty, I would've just went and if the mom yelled at me I would have just told her what she said about sharing the park to mock her.

I'm all about respecting people at parks, but when they act like they're right and their kids should be able to do whatever they want, that pisses me off. I understand they want their kids to come to the park and have fun, but they need to sit down with their kid and make them aware of taking turns and proper park etiquette.

If I ever have a kid, I'll make damn sure to tell them that, and if they snake people constantly like these mouth breathers did today, I'd just take them home right away.

|

8/26/2014 7:25 PM

one try kid wrote:

It's usually the spoiled white kids that do this in the park.

It's hilarious when they bump full speed into each other and ...more

hahaha I love when that happens, none of these kids ran into each other though surprisingly but one did eat shit riding on the quarter cause he was sitting down and going super slow.

|

8/26/2014 7:29 PM

i go fast and moto whip next to them to scare em. if that fails its bumper bikes

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/26/2014 7:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2014 9:44 PM

i really hate this, especially when skaters/scooters (mostly little kids) play skate and talk RIGHT UP AGAINST THE COPING ON THE FLYOUTS. i was doing stuff on/out of the quarter, and i kept telling them to move, and when i just stopped asking, i hucked a 180 my back tire clipped some kids board (he was holding it) and everybody finally moved lol
honestly it just takes one injury or close call to get everyone to gtfo for the day, but it never sticks

one of the older (40+) skaters at the part brought his like 8-10 year old son and 2 of his friends (im assuming), and when they started snaking and standing in the way he took them in and put them in a time out in the corner, no joke

my main gripe is when parents get pissed because their child gets injured, when said child is being a stuck up jerk who refuses to move, and the mom is across the street at starbucks. Its not everyone else's responsibility to watch out for your annoying little demon spawn

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/26/2014 7:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2014 9:42 PM

we even have a posted sign (on the official city posted sign that has rules) that says that children under 10 need to come on saturdays from 8-12, but noone listens

its really funny when little scooter kidstell you that bikes arent allowed, and then you tell them that it says scoots arent allowed either and they freak out

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/26/2014 8:00 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

i really hate this, especially when skaters/scooters (mostly little kids) play skate and talk RIGHT UP AGAINST THE COPING ON ...more

or when they use the quarters as a fucking slide haha but that's awesome. It's kinda dickheaded to do so, but sometimes you just gotta run into them for them to learn. I've destroyed quite a few kids before, some by accident, some not.

And that's awesome, that dad's doing parenting right. A lot of parents would just let it go but then they don't learn.

|

8/26/2014 8:01 PM

I had a kid at skatelab who kept asking to ride my bike. He asked what bars i had and then said "oh ya me too those r so gud!" So then i said do you have the fly maricon forks? And he said yes. Then i told him to f off and go ride his skateboard somewhere else. Then his mom comes through the park and tells me i shouldn't yell at her son and i should let him ride my bike. So i told her "i'll let him ride it you go on a date with me"
Then i hid in the bowl for 15 minutes haha

Btw maricon means gay in espanol

|

13 years old

8/26/2014 8:03 PM

Guys i think the problem is that scooters are too readily available. They should be locked up and only sold if you take a test on park ediquitte and pass

|

13 years old

8/26/2014 8:03 PM

Krooked wrote:

I had a kid at skatelab who kept asking to ride my bike. He asked what bars i had and then said "oh ya me too those r so gud!" ...more

this is why i never go to skatelab except when someone offers to take me
so many stuck up kids there

|

8/26/2014 8:05 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

or when they use the quarters as a fucking slide haha but that's awesome. It's kinda dickheaded to do so, but sometimes you ...more

yeah, the dad is super laid back, and at least he has the common courtesy to watch his kids and make sure they are behaving
i have absolutely no problems with scooters or skaters, in fact i have a lot of skater friends, but (applies to some bmxers too) some people just are assholes, and it seems that since there are more (statistically speaking) youger scooters, the average maturity level of a scooterer is so low because of it

|

8/26/2014 8:06 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

this is why i never go to skatelab except when someone offers to take me
so many stuck up kids there

True. Except its funny when you take a little shit's scooter when hes in the bathroom and put it on the top of the halfpipe extension haha

|

13 years old

8/26/2014 9:00 PM

I was in the same situation, I ran the damn kid over, she called the cops, she got a ticket for endangering others.

|

8/26/2014 9:07 PM

I also threw a little scooter fucks scooter across the park and screamed at him. He leaves the park if I'm there. (He's a cocky prick, you'd understand if you met him)

|

8/26/2014 9:58 PM

I just had a good 2 hour session , if your lucky and have a park with lights 9 to 11 is prime time to ride no little kids usually the crews of are solid riders and skaters around that time

|

8/26/2014 10:09 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I just had a good 2 hour session , if your lucky and have a park with lights 9 to 11 is prime time to ride no little kids ...more

Park I was at tonight doesn't have lights sadly. it was just rebuilt so idk if there's plans for lights or anything but we got told to leave by a cop at dark.

Other park has lights but they don't light up the whole park, but I have to agree. I had one of the best seshes there with a few dudes I barely knew & we rode till like 11. It was super fun.

|

8/26/2014 10:22 PM

For the most part, least up to now, the little kids have not bothered me, Ill just rest till their done.
Tho, today six possibly 8-9yearolds were getting in my kids way, she is 11. They were messing up her flow, so she put her bike on one obstacle and stood on the only other obstacle they were capable of using. Guess they worked themselves out after that.

The ones that annoy me at times is kids in their teens who through crap all over the park when there is a garbage can possibly 10ft from them.

|

8/26/2014 10:30 PM

Wayne S wrote:

For the most part, least up to now, the little kids have not bothered me, Ill just rest till their done.
Tho, today six ...more

Last part is so true. I wish I had a photo of it, but the skaters in their teens and even twenties leave behind a fuckton of trash at the one park I go to. I know for a fact it isn't bikers or scooterers because only skaters sit on this ledge (which is meant for grinding anyway)

I don't think I've ever seen that ledge NOT littered in various bottles, plastic bags, cigarettes, cigarette cartons, and random other shit. You'd think they'd respect the park, but no. Guess walking 5 feet behind them is too much of a task, or simply carrying their trash as they leave the park because it's impossible to walk out of the park without passing at least one.

I've left trash sit at random places like on sidewalks we were chilling at after a drink break, but I've never left my trash sit at skate parks.

|

8/27/2014 12:21 AM

I never really run into younger kids. But if I'm nervous as fuck with my OCD over some cracks and about to do something and a kid gets in my way, I'm literally going to chuck the bike somewhere at them.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

8/27/2014 12:31 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

I never really run into younger kids. But if I'm nervous as fuck with my OCD over some cracks and about to do something and a ...more

I have kind of that same issue but even if they don't get in my way. If I'm doing something I'm real sketched out about doing and someone goes by me or gets near me as I'm taking a run up about to do it, I have to start all over again. idk why. Like, I'm really scared when it comes to doing downstair handrails and the slightest distractions gets to me, like seeing some kid even roll by next to me even if he isn't directly.

Or when a kid is potentially in the way. Like earlier I wanted to hanger the little rail at the park and a kid was on the other side but easily not in the way, but I still made him move just in case I would fuck up, eat shit, then my bike goes flying into him. Little things like that fuck with me.

|

8/27/2014 4:18 AM

When skaters use the flyout for games of skate

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

8/27/2014 5:33 AM

i don't normally care too much when kids wanna ride. Cutting people off is always a shit move. But really all you gotta do, unless they are some sort of punk, you can just talk to them and be cool and tell them to watch out.

I think more than anything, little kids cause a lot of dangerous circumstances. The first time i ever went to a skatepark there was a stupid little kid in the way of this guy doing a huge set of hips in the park and to avoid the kid he smashed off the coping and messed up his eye. The guy walked out of the park dripping blood because a kid didn't use the park carefully.

I think there should maybe be a skatepark "lifeguard" kind of thing when its crowded. It'd save a lot of people trouble.

I always follow these rules. Skaters have ROW because they cant turn as easily.
Listen and react before dropping in.
Make others aware of what you are going to do.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/27/2014 6:34 AM

Get speed, and bunny hop one of them... if you hit em' no problem he was in your way...

|