Little warning

Related:
Create New Tag

3/1/2018 6:12 PM

When buying a freecoaster try to get one with a bushing instead of a driver bearing. My freecoaster driver bearing recently blew up on my 200th peg chink. I had it for 5 months ermm
It was a rant moonwalker freecoaster that came with my bike. Now i gotsta relearn fakies since i learned them on coaster. So just watch the specs before you pick up a coaster.

|

Ride for yourself and have fun

3/1/2018 6:40 PM

That's because it was a cheap stock freecoaster.

|

3/1/2018 6:41 PM

I don’t believe you

|

3/1/2018 6:43 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I don’t believe you

Believe me

|

3/1/2018 7:07 PM

*cough*Odyssey Clutch V2*cough*

grinsillytongue

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

3/1/2018 7:18 PM

Z coaster.

|

3/1/2018 7:22 PM

Z coaster for 285 dollars at transition bmx online store

|

3/1/2018 9:41 PM

Bushing coasters are the worst and of course your cheap freecoaster blew up after 5 months of learning on it.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

3/1/2018 9:45 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Biggest waste of money ever

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/1/2018 9:53 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Biggest waste of money ever

...and yet, so worth it!

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/2/2018 4:23 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

Bushing coasters are the worst and of course your cheap freecoaster blew up after 5 months of learning on it.

What's wrong with bushing coasters?

|

3/2/2018 5:28 AM

Did you maintain it?

Ya gotta realize that peg bonks/chinks/whatever you wanna call them put a HUGE amount of stress on an axle/hub/bearings for a split second. You have your weight, your bike's weight, PLUS the force and speed of you coming down hitting on a tiny little area.

Side note, I have had coasters with driver bearings last YEARS with minimal issues.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/2/2018 7:42 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Did you maintain it?

Ya gotta realize that peg bonks/chinks/whatever you wanna call them put a HUGE amount of stress on an ...more

I couldn't maintain it because the driver wouldn't the driver wouldn't screw off. I tried to tap out the axle but i started hitting harder and harder and didn't want to break something. So i said fuck it and let it kill itself. Also how does greasing the drag bearings and clutch prevent the driver from blowing out?

|

3/2/2018 7:47 AM

Anthony Loves Subrosa wrote:

I couldn't maintain it because the driver wouldn't the driver wouldn't screw off. I tried to tap out the axle but i started ...more

You would be able to inspect it and prevent things from getting worse-instead of blowing a bearing you could find it a little haggard and replace it.

Also fresh grease and cleaning the dirt/grit out will make it last longer. That fine dirt/dust getting in there will act as sandpaper and grind stuff out causing it to blow out.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/2/2018 8:50 AM

Had a demolition rotator last me 3 years without opening it up once , it worked awesome until it exploded , then I just got a new wheel 3 Years is long enough for a hub for me to ride until I buy a new one anyways

|

3/2/2018 9:18 AM

jbales wrote:

THIS....

ANY part will break in due time but if you invest in better quality parts they do tend to last longer.....

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

3/2/2018 10:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/2/2018 10:51 AM

jbales wrote:

bmxer_yoshi wrote:

THIS....

ANY part will break in due time but if you invest in better quality parts they do tend to last longer.....

You buy cheap, you buy twice.

|

3/2/2018 2:19 PM

Driver bearings in any hub are always the first to go. I've never seen a hub that is different. I replace my driver bearing in my shadow raptor coaster at least twice a year. They're tiny bearings unlike the rest of the bearings used in the hub. The bearings are like 10 shipped so 20 a year isn't bad...thats less than I spend on bb bearings

|