Loading Dock

Related:
Create New Tag

10/1/2013 4:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2013 4:14 PM

Found some sick street spot. Has a loading dock about 5.6' tall (nipple height) and I can drop it but when I land it usually hurts. I want to start getting clips and 180'ing it , or maybe even try busting a 3 but I can only 3 tap flat. Any advice for 180 drops , and can I 3 a loading dock if I can 3 tap , but not hop 3?

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/1/2013 4:29 PM

Maybe?

Best thing to do would be learn to hop 3. If you are set on tapping them, you would still go through that motion but add a 6ish foot drop.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/1/2013 4:33 PM

180 drops are same as 180 flats. Just get some speed and 180 as you approach the edge. Same as 180 off a curb, just keep yourself balanced and be ready for impact.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/1/2013 7:58 PM

Be careful though. I remember trying to 180 a 4 foot dock and landed rear wheel heavy, fell back and hit the shut out of my head.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

10/1/2013 9:32 PM

Dont 180 or 3 it until you land them on smaller drops.

The drop shouldnt hurt if you can get enough speed, just put the back wheel down first and keep your body relaxed.

For the 180 drop, make sure you do 180's with the front wheel and back level. Like when you do them, you still complete the hop and push the bike forward to bring the back wheel up, if you dont you arent doing them right and will get hurt. Lean back when you land them, if you land with your head over the bars it will kill your wrists.

For 3`s have them down on flat first, because you will most likely land 270 or at best back wheelheavy leaning back and will loop out.

|

10/2/2013 9:31 AM

I have a friend who has 360'd of things about 4' high, and he's tried to on things that high. But he only learnt to full 3 flat a couple of days ago. So yes it is possible, but not necessarily a good idea to try it.

|

10/2/2013 9:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/2/2013 9:48 AM

Last time I went off a loading dock was on aggressive skates lol

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

10/2/2013 3:46 PM

5'6 loading dock.

I'd love that

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

10/2/2013 4:58 PM

Just do it! If you fall, then you know you can't do that trick yet. Asking was the worst thing you coulda done. Now you will have doubt in your mind.

Like this one time I was like, "Yo, dude, I'mma grind this guard rail," and my dude was like, "sick, be careful of the other side it's really sharp," and I was like, "oh, fuck it, never mind then, asshole."

If my dude didn't say that I would have just done it and would have been fine. But noooooooooooooooo.

So, yea. You're fucked now. You won't be able to do it because all the "advice" these niggas be giving you.

If you do try it, make sure it's on film.

-Peace

|

I have 75 cool points and 5 awesome points

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc

10/2/2013 5:00 PM

I can hop off a 5 foot one no biggie. Some local kid rolled a j and 180'd a 15 set first try

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

10/2/2013 7:22 PM

nipple height was an excellent use of words
i feel like loading docks are such a big part of amatuer street riding

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

10/2/2013 7:49 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

5'6 loading dock.

I'd love that

I used to have one by house but they park a trailer in front of it

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy