Local scene

Related:
Create New Tag

8/1/2015 7:01 PM

What are your guys local scenes like? Here, after I finally got the skatepark open to bikes, it exploded. Except everyone is stuck in 2008. Slammed seats, brskeless, lightest bikes possible. Kids ride the park every day, so that's nice. Lots of kids with shiny, brand new fit completes that sit around the bowl and talk, not even riding though.

|

8/1/2015 7:07 PM

sweet, all my locals dont allow bikes and its just been a back and forth battle with cops kicking out bikes for like 3-4 years :D

|

8/1/2015 7:17 PM

long as their not texting...

lots of street riding, and racing theirs some dirt tiny bits of park but not much.
used to be huge when potomac mills mall had a Vans

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

8/1/2015 7:29 PM

All the kids outside of my group are swagfag kids with tank tops and hatchbacks and gyros. They can do park rat shit, but it looks terrible, and they can't do anything but ride park. And they're just generally shitty people. That's why I stick to street and trails for the most part.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

8/1/2015 7:53 PM

In my old town, my friend and I started it up. The scene is really going strong now. Then I moved and I'm like the only BMX rider in town, and everybody looks at my gum tires like "WTF?".

|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417

8/1/2015 7:57 PM

My local scene is pretty cool. Only one small skatepark but the street is great and fbm throws a good amount of jams here. One or two decent sets of trails. The skateboarding scene is much bigger here but we still have a pretty good amount of riders.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

8/1/2015 9:02 PM

SoCal scene amazing. Lots of Fit/S&M, Cult jams and stuff in my area so the street and park is solid. Lots of trails too so id say its strong

|

8/1/2015 11:05 PM

Guildford scene isn't brilliant but Vancouver as a whole is amazing . Hey Eskimojay , you been to Atlantis yet ? Jordan Hango's shop or whatever ? I thought about going to 3 ride then there and stop by . Maybe I could meet up with you even

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/1/2015 11:34 PM

There's a couple dudes who ride here in our 2 shitty parks. 45 minutes away Santa Fe has 2 sick parks, 2 great sets of trails, some good street, and some rad riders.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

8/1/2015 11:35 PM

a friend and i went riding the other night and literally hit a couple of things then just sat around bullshitting about how were old and we should retire from street and just build some trails at my house.

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

8/1/2015 11:40 PM

JonnyGanja wrote:

a friend and i went riding the other night and literally hit a couple of things then just sat around bullshitting about how were old and we should retire from street and just build some trails at my house.

You at least hit a couple things. These kids brag about their trick bag and sit in the way.

|

8/2/2015 5:51 AM

One word about my local scene. Or even national.

Dead.

I'm the only one left riding seriously, the others are there for the looks, and they will stop cauz the shop has stopped supporting BMXes for 5-6 months already.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

8/3/2015 1:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/3/2015 1:27 AM

Coopers25 wrote:

SoCal scene amazing. Lots of Fit/S&M, Cult jams and stuff in my area so the street and park is solid. Lots of trails too so id say its strong

Gotta say it would be pretty difficult for any area to beat So Cal's scene. Possibly New York, but perfect weather in Cali 95% of the year beats East Coast winters regardless. There's a pretty big scene here in Phoenix too, but 100+ degrees everyday plus cops regularly patrolling all the local parks and tossing bikers kinda kills the motivation most of the time. The only 2 parks that bikers don't get hassled at are Chandler and XCourt, both of which are 20-30 miles from my house, so that also kinda sucks

|

8/3/2015 1:38 AM

Coopers25 wrote:

-Havok- wrote:

Gotta say it would be pretty difficult for any area to beat So Cal's scene. Possibly New York, but perfect weather in Cali 95% of the year beats East Coast winters regardless. There's a pretty big scene here in Phoenix too, but 100+ degrees everyday plus cops regularly patrolling all the local parks and tossing bikers kinda kills the motivation most of the time. The only 2 parks that bikers don't get hassled at are Chandler and XCourt, both of which are 20-30 miles from my house, so that also kinda sucks

Isn't Chandler always packed to the brim?

|

8/3/2015 3:02 AM

biggybuggy wrote:

Isn't Chandler always packed to the brim?

I've only been there a couple times so I can't really answer that. I've spent most of my time at the parks on the North Phoenix with the exception XCourt in South Glendale. Been kicked out of Union Hills regularly either by cops, park rangers or asshole skaters/parents, and have recently been having the same problem at Paradise Valley park as well. Really sucks tho cuz it's only 2 blocks from my house, not very many people there usually and I'm always the only biker there, so I'm actually respectful and stay out of the way so the skaters don't have a reason to bitch, yet they still do. I just find it ironic that there's people causing problems in both parks(usually drug related just like any other skatepark), yet I get kicked for just minding my own business riding my damn bike. And being the great guy I am(...lol), I'm also respectful enough not to be a snitch either, so I end up screwed you know. Good times right... This is why I loved living in So Cal alot more. Parks everywhere, cops are more worried about other shit going on in the city, people are more laid back so there's not much drama, and I'm never alone as there's always more bikers at any park I've ever been to. Plus even if you do get tossed for some reason, there's plenty of trails and street to keep you occupied!

|

8/3/2015 6:41 AM

Around my area it seems to be the slammed seat, brakeless 4-pegs kids doing nothing but riding the ledges and occasional rail. Jib tricks on tiny ledges are "cooler" than a dude hucking a truck or a whip it seems.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/3/2015 8:20 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Around my area it seems to be the slammed seat, brakeless 4-pegs kids doing nothing but riding the ledges and occasional rail. Jib tricks on tiny ledges are "cooler" than a dude hucking a truck or a whip it seems.

One word. Or rather, two.

That's funny.

I used to go for slammed seats "for the look" until I realized that I was wayyy to tall and skinny for the slammed seat look to work on me... Even with it up now, I can't find the pinching area, so maybe I'll have to go for an even fatter one...

4 pegs must be so heavy! I understand why they only do little grind tricks, if you removed those pegs, they would instantly do a whip!

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

8/3/2015 11:37 AM

Our local scene consists of me, my friend Zac my friend Nathan my friend Lance my friend Austin and my friend Graycen it's just one big crew.

|

We out here breathing. -Bert