Lock Washers/pegs

Related:
Create New Tag

12/5/2016 9:42 AM

Where do i put my axle lock washers when I'm installing pegs? I've always put them inside the peg but been curious

|

12/5/2016 9:48 AM

Don't use em, they don't serve a purpose if you've got pegs

|

12/5/2016 10:44 AM

Yeah, they aren't necessary (I assume you mean regular washers), but I went to my local hardware store and got actual lock washers to keep my wheels from moving when grinding. They work like a dream, I never misalign my wheels when I run pegs and lock washers with them.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

12/5/2016 1:19 PM

Think of the peg as a washer itself...

|

12/6/2016 9:44 AM

readybmxer wrote:

Yeah, they aren't necessary (I assume you mean regular washers), but I went to my local hardware store and got actual lock ...more

Do you run the lock washer with the bolt before the peg?

|

12/7/2016 1:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/7/2016 1:22 AM

readybmxer wrote:

Yeah, they aren't necessary (I assume you mean regular washers), but I went to my local hardware store and got actual lock ...more

bdh425 wrote:

Do you run the lock washer with the bolt before the peg?

I assemble them like this:

1. Slide the peg (and ONLY the peg) onto my axle so it fits snug against the dropout, like all pegs should.

2. Slide the lock washer (not the regular washer) into the peg, so now, there is only the peg and the lock washer inside the peg.

3. Screw in the bolt, forget about the original washer.

I only run two pegs, one up front and one rear, so on the non-peg side, I simply replace the original washer with the lock washer. If you run four pegs, then do this process for both sides. Keep in mind that this is only necessary for the rear wheel as the rear dropouts, as you probably know, let you adjust your wheel's position. The forks are more of a slide in and you're done kind of deal.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn