Lock your bike

Related:
Create New Tag

2/16/2014 2:19 PM

Do you lock your bike? if so what lock? i need a lock but i don't want to buy some shit ass lock to get my bike stolen.

|

2/16/2014 2:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/16/2014 2:24 PM

I'm picking up the Subrosa Combat lock even though I fucking hate Subrosa just because I don't want $1900 to be wasted so easily. Doesn't really prevent the theft just deters would-be thieves.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

2/16/2014 2:24 PM

Combat lock, i bet you can bite through that with your teeth, lol.

|

2/16/2014 2:29 PM

But seriously i wouldn't trust that lock for like 2 minutes even if i'm still looking at my bike

|

2/16/2014 2:31 PM

Boomcat264 wrote:

But seriously i wouldn't trust that lock for like 2 minutes even if i'm still looking at my bike

It's a deterrent lock. That's why it's orange. 99% of the time people won't take it even with that. Even the 1.5mm cable is too much trouble for them haha. Plus even if someone is going to try to cut it it would stall them enough that you can go stop them.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

2/16/2014 2:34 PM

True, but i mean like an actual lock.

|

2/16/2014 2:40 PM

I used to. It got robbed, so i dont leave it outside anymore.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/16/2014 2:47 PM

I use three U locks and a heavy duty cable

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

2/16/2014 2:49 PM

any reccomendations though?

|

2/16/2014 2:54 PM

All my locks are the brand on guard its got like a pitbull or something as the logo, they cost like 30 for each U lock but they're worth it. if someone cuts through a lock and steals your bike they cover up to like 400 i think

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

2/16/2014 3:00 PM

i wonder whether this would fit round the frame and stand? http://prntscr.com/2t5vu5

|

2/16/2014 3:13 PM

U lock. They are harder to get into, and som major powertools are needed to get into them.

Failing that, a decent cable lock, but only use that for short term locking.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/16/2014 3:16 PM

Boomcat264 wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

It's a deterrent lock. That's why it's orange. 99% of the time people won't take it even with that. Even the 1.5mm cable is too much trouble for them haha. Plus even if someone is going to try to cut it it would stall them enough that you can go stop them.

I'm also getting that subrosa combat lock to. They also have a other lock called warhead lock is meduim level.

|

2/16/2014 3:44 PM

I really should lock my bike, but the town i live in has practically 0 crime, so I don't.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

2/16/2014 4:00 PM

If you're planning to lock it up somewhere for a while, the best thing to have is a good quality U lock. On Guard is a solid brand for sure. A good tip is to lock your bike up on a rack where there's other bikes too because if there are thieves they are much more likely to go after the bikes with cable locks that they can cut easily and leave your bike alone.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

2/16/2014 4:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/16/2014 4:15 PM

i use one of these...
[LINK TO IMAGE]

doubles as a weapon as well.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

2/16/2014 4:14 PM

Boomcat264 wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

kidbmx0000 wrote:

I'm also getting that subrosa combat lock to. They also have a other lock called warhead lock is meduim level.

i ordered 2 just so i dont have to worry if i leave it out for 5 minutes

|

Refs: 360Xuprider, Hatebreeder, MrHavoc1988

Email: Shanebaker6969@yahoo.com

!!!My Bike Check!!!

2/16/2014 4:15 PM

Abus or Kryptonite is a solid bet as well.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/16/2014 5:05 PM

They need to make a lock that doubles as a belt.
Boom, always have a lock on you.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/16/2014 5:11 PM

Might get an Abus mini or Kryptonite new york faghetaboudit but idk if they fit round the frame and a bike stand?

|

2/16/2014 5:13 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Get kryptonite. I have one and the outer cloth layer is some special stuff you cant cut through with scissors or knives, and underneath that is ¼ inch thick chain.

|

2/16/2014 5:13 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

Get kryptonite. I have one and the outer cloth layer is some special stuff you cant cut through with scissors or knives, and underneath that is ¼ inch thick chain.

Edit, the outer layer is kevlar. Derp.

|

2/16/2014 5:53 PM

Also isn't the body of the subrosa combat lock plastic? the grenade bit? if someone just stomped on that it would crack, they could probably remove the wire, and say goodbye to your bike.

|

2/16/2014 8:11 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

They need to make a lock that doubles as a belt.
Boom, always have a lock on you.

I think i have an idea for that...

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

2/16/2014 8:48 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I'm picking up the Subrosa Combat lock even though I fucking hate Subrosa just because I don't want $1900 to be wasted so easily. Doesn't really prevent the theft just deters would-be thieves.

you can cut the combat lock with safety scissors

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

2/17/2014 2:55 AM

i'm wondering why people are getting that combat lock because it's small but easy as fuck to break? you could just carry a mini u-lock?

|

2/17/2014 6:44 AM

I just take my bike inside. Problem solved.

|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417

2/17/2014 7:38 AM

Just get a good u lock and your problems solved for the most part.

Also a bike back pack so you can carry it into stores amd the owners cant complain

|

Murica bike check

2/17/2014 5:58 PM

I'm still not sure what to get i want a U-Lock but not a massive one and they're quite expensive too

|

2/17/2014 6:40 PM

I personally use this lock http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4055759 I have stopped in the "ghetto" for lunch heading to a skatepark and I trust this lock to keep my bike safe. And no danger of keys being lost or broken.

|