Locked Rear Hub

Related:
Create New Tag

10/20/2013 10:42 PM

My rear hub is almost locked completely, I believe its a Odyssey hub and I have soaked it in oil but its not loosening up, and i also tried to take it apart but it wont come loose, any suggestions on what it could be or how to take it apart???

|

10/20/2013 10:45 PM

Muscle

|

Bang Bang bmx

10/20/2013 10:56 PM

When I pedaled backwards it acted like a brake, so i don't think muscle has anything to do with it.

|

10/20/2013 11:33 PM

I ride Odyssey wrote:

When I pedaled backwards it acted like a brake, so i don't think muscle has anything to do with it.

I'm pree sure it's not an odyssey then and try and loosen the cone nuts maybe?

|

Bang Bang bmx

10/21/2013 1:23 AM

I ride Odyssey wrote:

do you mean it slows the hub down, or tries to roate it backwards?

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

10/21/2013 1:25 AM

slows the hub down almost like a brake

|

10/21/2013 7:51 AM

It sounds fucked. Make sure its not over tightened and post pics so we can help you without taking shots in the dark. You have to understand we don't have any clue what your looking at.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/21/2013 8:06 AM

did you buy a fixie?

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

10/21/2013 9:10 AM

feeble_to_face wrote:

did you buy a fixie?

Maybe he bought a fair dale and thought it was made by odyssey because Ross rides one... Haha

|

Bang Bang bmx

10/21/2013 11:18 AM

feeble_to_face wrote:

did you buy a fixie?

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Maybe he bought a fair dale and thought it was made by odyssey because Ross rides one... Haha

Pedaling backwards would not slow you down on a fixie, it would stop you/make you go backwards.

The hub is literally fixed to the driver/cog, so one hub rotation = one driver rotation, there is no coasting.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura