Smoke Drink Die

1/19/2016 4:47 PM

How can you not appreciate an OG?

|

Refs: Josh_Ketcham, mykneeshurt (x2), Brian_Griffin, aaron.samuel.green

1/19/2016 4:52 PM

what is he raving about? i'm too curious to not ask tongue

|

I can't upload a photo for my sig. it's that guy puking really hard, except it's coming out of his ears and eyes, too. just imagine that instead of this text. oh look, there he is now!

1/19/2016 4:53 PM

That's kinda being a little bitch. It's Josh Betley's opinion, which i think is fair. Nastazio needs to chill.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/19/2016 5:07 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

That's kinda being a little bitch. It's Josh Betley's opinion, which i think is fair. Nastazio needs to chill.

What was Josh Betley's opinion?

|

Refs: Josh_Ketcham, mykneeshurt (x2), Brian_Griffin, aaron.samuel.green

1/19/2016 5:16 PM

|

I can't upload a photo for my sig. it's that guy puking really hard, except it's coming out of his ears and eyes, too. just imagine that instead of this text. oh look, there he is now!

1/19/2016 5:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/19/2016 5:45 PM

The "Top 10 dudes over 30 still riding" thing on the home page.

Nasty rules, but this is not an appropriate reaction, no matter how outspoken you are. He hasn't been in ANY kind of limelight for a long time. He disappeared from BMX as a whole for a few years to do his thing. He IS a DAMN good rider, but when you make one edit every 3-5 years, people WILL forget about you. He is NOT the most popular dude anymore, and I think he is having a hard time with that. He's flipping out but there are a thousand dudes over 30 that kill it that didn't make the list and they aren't butthurt.

DMC
HOFFMAN
SIMON TABRON
CHAD KAGY
KEVIN ROBINSON
MORGAN WADE

These dudes kill it on bikes and some have been longer than Nasty, but none of them are losing it or seem to be personally offended on social media.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/19/2016 5:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/19/2016 5:54 PM

Mat Hoffman is not on the list???

You guys are jerks.

jk.

Really though, they're hitting 25 years as a bmx company this year, you should at least give Mat a shoutout... i think...

And still goes higher than Dugan :p

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

1/19/2016 7:47 PM

one try kid wrote:

Mat Hoffman is not on the list???

You guys are jerks.

jk.

Really though, they're hitting 25 years as a bmx company this ...more

Based on what Hoffman said in his interview with Kurt from BMX Union, he broke his record by a LOT. That's more than like 30 feet over coping. That's RIDICULOUS.

He had to have been like 60 feet over the ground!

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/19/2016 9:36 PM

LOL He blocked me on instagram.

|

1/19/2016 9:49 PM

Photo

Friend sent me this.
|

1/19/2016 10:20 PM

Lel, meh.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

1/19/2016 10:44 PM

That seems like a slight over reaction imo. Like Dave said, yeah he's good and has been good for years, and probably deserves to be on the list or at least get a mention. But he's been out of the limelight a long time. No one at all has mentioned fuzzy yet, I bet he's not spitting his dummy out over it. That guy was a mad man and had loads of style! Probably more influential than nasty too.

|

1/19/2016 10:53 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Cedrik Storm wrote:

What was Josh Betley's opinion?

The thing on the front page that he is calling them out on.

eh, Nasty is a hot head, some dig it some don't.

I'm sure nobody here at vital hates him. He just doesn't make edits and shit is all, so people that aren't at every damn contest don't know how good he really is. I guess they could look on instagram but that's like finding hay in a haystack, it's everywhere. There is so much crazy shit going down it's easy to just miss it and scroll past sometimes.

If you put out an edit it's like "this is how i busted my ass the last few months" an insta clip is "look what i did today!"

If you look at results, he surely slays them. He needs to step out of his ways a little bit if he wants that sort of recognition!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/19/2016 11:31 PM

The sad thing about this, is that its just one persons opinion..on some website on the internet. All that fuss over one article that'll be forgotten in a week. The dude shreds, but better off without the brat attitude. Makes him look weak. Ride for the love of it, not recognition. Fuck a website.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

1/20/2016 6:02 AM

BMXism wrote:

The sad thing about this, is that its just one persons opinion..on some website on the internet. All that fuss over one ...more

So much this, seriously man why start drama over nothing?

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

1/20/2016 8:35 AM

What a bitch lol all respect lost..

Dur dur shout me out or I'll cry and write mean things about you

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/20/2016 10:52 AM

Guess he didn't see this at the end?
Photo
He was mentioned,and Josh pointed out that there were other people who are also still killing it.

Blocking is a bitch move.

|

Old,stupid,and funny.

1/20/2016 11:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2016 11:30 AM

He wasn't in the honourable mentions until I called it out he should be on that list

Nasty is the fucken man , him not in x games dirt is fucken bullshit

A best 360 comp between him midget Cory and hucker would be fun to watch

But if it is just josh Betleys opinion I don't see why to be so pissed , I completely forgot josh betley even existed

|

1/20/2016 11:29 AM

eskimojay wrote:

He wasn't in the honourable mentions until I called it out he should be on that list

Nasty is the fucken man , him not in x ...more

Why no TJ Lavin? Why no Ruell Erickson? Why no Aitken? Why no Alistair Whitton? Josh Stricker? Matt Beringer? Mike Parenti?

The point is that he flipped out for a STUPID reason. This just tells me he is very conceited. Yea, he is a good rider, but why does he care about being mentioned so much? Put an edit out if you are killing it so consistently? Do what ALL THE OTHER GUYS IN THE LISTS do a couple times a year at a minimum?

You want the recognition, you gotta earn it in BMX. There are SO MANY people that deserve to be on that list as well, but it was limited to 10, and Nasty got SUPER butt hurt that he wasn't on, and essentially is throwing a tantrum.

The people put in those contests are basically part of a popularity contest, and one they can use to create the made for tv drama crap.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/20/2016 2:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2016 3:01 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Nasty is the fucken man , him not in x ...more

dave lawrence wrote:

Why no TJ Lavin? Why no Ruell Erickson? Why no Aitken? Why no Alistair Whitton? Josh Stricker? Matt Beringer? Mike Parenti?

...more

None of those guys you listed still really kill it they all stepped back and got real jobs not risking their lives On a daily basis In the pro spotlight ,shit I think alistar whitton probably rides his dirt bike as much if not more than his bmx these days, I could throw dave osato and Jay miron in their if where just going to shout out old names, nastys still on top of his game

Scott wirch and cam white are also still fucken killing it for how long they've been in the game

|

1/20/2016 2:58 PM

eskimojay wrote:

None of those guys you listed still really kill it they all stepped back and got real jobs not risking their lives On a daily ...more

Mat Hoffman still on top of everyone though.. literally... like 20+ feet higher?

Give Hoffman a "Honorable Mention" already...

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

1/20/2016 3:00 PM

Ya can't argue Hoffman at all that dude on Instagram still throws down on his backyard vert ramp all the time , rode vert last Friday shits scary as fuck to be good at

|

1/20/2016 3:24 PM

Just checked josh betleys Instagram to see if I even recognized the guy (heard the name) he commented under his picture for his top ten list responding to someone saying Jason enns " damn enns is over 30?" If you didn't know Jason enns was over 30 you gotta be clueless

|

1/20/2016 4:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2016 4:28 PM

eskimojay wrote:

None of those guys you listed still really kill it they all stepped back and got real jobs not risking their lives On a daily ...more

Osato is still killing it for Demolition. Enns does still kill it as well.

Regardless, Nasty may be killing it, BUT he isn't really in any limelight. He makes an edit MAYBE once every few years, and posts some stuff on Instagram. I can see why he wasn't thrown in the listing. It seems the more recent coverage is the main reason for who is there. The dudes mentioned in Betley's list have had recent edits. PLUS it is ONE DUDE'S LIST. NOT a cumulative list from a large amount of people.

There is absolutely NO REASON for that kind of a reaction. He is whining at this point and is just making people lose respect for him.

Maybe he should get a job on Jersey Shore or one of those stupid "Housewives" shows my wife watches. His attitude matches theirs pretty well.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/20/2016 4:53 PM

You never seen the x life ? It was a flop

|

1/20/2016 5:31 PM

Dave is right,it's one person's list.
Whenever a "who's your top five fave. riders" thread pops up,everyone has a different answer.
Looks like Josh tried to make it right by adding the people on the bottom of the post.

|

Old,stupid,and funny.

1/20/2016 6:24 PM

bloghogs wrote:

Dave is right,it's one person's list.
Whenever a "who's your top five fave. riders" thread pops up,everyone has a different ...more

the article isn't called "my favorite riders over 30" it's called the 10 best.

hoffman and nasty are still killing it every day. they were some of the biggest influences and still push the limits of riding. no one can call that an opinion. those are facts.

everything nasty says is true. people are letting their personal opinions get in the way of understanding it.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

1/20/2016 6:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2016 6:37 PM

There's deffinatly some bullshit going on in contests these days , Clint Reynolds has style and all but how the hell does he get an x games invite and nasty doesn't , I'd almost go as far to say Cory has more style then Clint and majority of the style guys when he's not dropping bombs

Judging seems to get more rigged year after year like they're more worried about making stories more than seeing who's the best , how the hell James foster didn't get a metal at dirt this year is beyond me , his runs where insane yet got overlooked so they could pump out a repeat gold medalist and make another story out of it

|