Lonely rider

Related:
Create New Tag

11/9/2019 10:09 PM

In my small little town I’m the only bmx rider in my town so it gets lonely when I try to learn trick I literally go to a dead end street and progress. Anybody else took this journey?

|

11/9/2019 10:21 PM

Kind of... I practice in my driveway and ride with someone once every three weeks or so.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

11/9/2019 10:43 PM

For the past few years I’ve ridden on my own pretty much every time I ride. I just prefer it. You can get on with whatever it is you’re doing without distraction or pressure. Every time I ride with other people I end up just sitting about and getting bored

|

11/10/2019 2:04 AM

.pegless. wrote:

For the past few years I’ve ridden on my own pretty much every time I ride. I just prefer it. You can get on with whatever it ...more

Same here.

|

11/10/2019 6:37 AM

You made a post about stealing a bike , you deserve to be lonely

|

11/10/2019 8:19 AM

I really have enjoyed the one on one sessions with friends in the past but have yet to find someone that is down to ride as frequently as I am.

I would always prefer to ride with someone rather than by myself, it's fun to teach/learn/show your tricks/spots to others. I'd say the only downside is having to comprimise on how long you are at a spot or where to go next but that's the beauty, as well; 2 people getting along having a good time.

I don't typically like riding in groups of 3 or more, it feels overwhelming. I do like the powerful sensation of riding in a big group but it's very hard to show everyone the same amount of attention, ime.

Riding with others gives you the oportunity to see things through a different pair of eyes. You can go to a spot you have ridden to death and think you have done every possible trick there, then bring a buddy and they open a fresh chapter of tricks up on it.

All this being said, I have a ton of fun riding by myself. Riding solo allows me to really focus on a single trick if I so choose, without the worry of a friend getting bored shitless. Lol

|

11/10/2019 8:59 AM

Companionship is overrated anyway laughing

|

11/10/2019 9:00 AM

Congratulations, you know how most flatland riders feel 😂😂😂

|

It’s all bmx

11/11/2019 7:04 AM

I have cows for neighbors, my best friends live well over an hour and a half North of me...

Hardly any of the kids, young or old in town ride BMX, if they do, its just to get around, no tricks or Freestyling..

|

11/12/2019 5:13 AM

_bmxican_ wrote:

In my small little town I’m the only bmx rider in my town so it gets lonely when I try to learn trick I literally go to a dead ...more

Yep, but on a farm back in the day, and again now that I am 33.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/22/2019 7:34 PM

eskimojay wrote:

You made a post about stealing a bike , you deserve to be lonely

Quit bitching. following me around and shit on my posts go fuck a moose and get drunk on maple syrup. Nice backflip on the ramp tho

|

11/23/2019 8:20 AM

I've gone through stages of having solid buds I ride with, and riding alone (depending on where I've lived over the last decade). Now that I've recently moved, I almost always ride alone (at stakeparks) but I often end up meeting cool skaters or scooter kids and we chat and motivate each other. In the small town I've recently moved to, everyone at my park thinks I am a god as they are all like 10-15 year old scooter kids who have never seen someone actually air a ramp, or spin the frame, bars, or bike. At first it was cool, but it gets hard to push yourself when your easy everyday tricks get lots of "oohs & ahhhs."

I've noticed that in areas where I have a crew of dudes that are a similar skill level and similarly motivated as I am, I progress way faster. When I am riding solo I usually am a lot more relaxed, and often don't end up getting broken.

|

11/23/2019 11:06 AM

No one else I know riding BMX. But a guy on here said we can ride together sometime. Might have to do that.

You're not alone about being alone. LOL. Youtube is the only place I learn tricks so far. Plus it's funny, I put them on late at night and end up falling asleep and the last few nights I wake up to competitions in Dubai I think. Although last night it was skateboarders. But I think the night before they were bmxing. Was pretty cool to watch some of it.

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun

11/23/2019 11:11 AM

Fortyseven wrote:

No one else I know riding BMX. But a guy on here said we can ride together sometime. Might have to do that.

You're not alone ...more

Haha yeah YouTube is my go to in order to learn tricks I look at ride bmx anthonypanza and Adam lz

|